Best recipe for Wiener Schnitzel?

Best recipe for Wiener Schnitzel?

The best recipe for wiener schnitzel would be one for veal parmigiana.

Veal. Egg (with bit of milk or cream). Flour. Panko bread crumbs. Sea salt. Lemon juice.

This, with a few spices in the flour

>WIENER Schnitzel
>Panko
Yes because as we all know, Kaiser Franz loved his Japanese breadcrumbs back in the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Anyway, it's meant to be Veal and should be fried in clarified butter (or lard) but I think it's clarified butter officially.

I always do a cross between southern breading and german schnitzel. Some brown sugar, cracked pepper, paprika, salt with flour and corn starch to make the crust a bit crispy.

Works for me.

Forget the milk or cream, try butter milk.
I make it in a cast iron pan with ghee. For the breading I use butter milk, egg and rice flour which I add a few spices to like powdered garlic, oregano and pepper. Comes out delish with rice flour, panko breadcrumbs also works or regular bread crumbs.

Arguing about the PANIERUNG.
It's all about the meat son. There is no recipe.

That recipe does sound delicious. I take back my sarcasm, my brain somehow translated "Best recipe" to "most authentic recipe", maybe because OP used the original Austrian term.

When made correctly, Schnitzel only leads a squeeze of lemon, no sauces or anything. (Some places serve it with shit like tartare etc.)

1. Replace chicken in a chicken schnitzel recipe with hot dogs
2. ???
3. Profit!

I like it with dijon mustard. My oma was all about the mustard, so it doesn't taste like home without it.

I know you said a cross between so this isn't questioning that but I was wondering if Germans use black pepper much at all? Most German recipes I see don't really contain any black pepper or I some how miss it. If so, why don't they?

Not him, I don't know much about German cooking but even if it's devoid of many of the fancier or more exotic spices, I'd imagine they still had black pepper. It's been part of European cuisine for too long!

It's not super authentic, but the dish is found everywhere and it's a personal preference. I don't even bother with breadcrumbs usually, just fry with a flour and cornstarch coating.

It's such a versatile and ubiquitous dish. I really hate the term "authentic". It's nearly meaningless.

That's what I thought but every recipe I find seems to not include it which I thought was odd

I always add it regardless it's just weird when I see a recipe for normal foods and doesn't have any pepper listed and it confuses me because it is so common really

I think "seasoning" is used as short-hand for salt and pepper a lot of the time in recipes. So maybe the recipes you guys are referring to use terms like "season according to taste" or "add seasoning" etc.

both you tagged were me jsyk..but you could be onto something

Germans prefer white pepper to black pepper. But I'm sure black pepper is used in most households and restaurants.

im from austria and most recipes dont list salt and pepper because everyone just seasons their dishes with salt and pepper to taste. its not like we dont use black pepper its just that everyone adds it to their liking. hope this helps

btw besides the meat the important thing for a good schnitzel is the "panierung", essentially coating the meat first in flour then egg then breadcrumbs. no sauces needed just lemon.

In Australia we put salt and pepper shakers on the table and let adults decide for themselves how much they want to put in their meals.

#democracy #freedom

Shittest post on Veeky Forums today

Thanx! How many prizes have you won today?

The day is young

smash your thinly cut veal, flour with salt pepper (dont press on it), egg, breadcrumbs(dont press on it)
Butterschmalz (=clarified butter/ghee) heat in pan til hot, add schnitzel and swirl pan for the entire time (prevents burning and creates nice bubbles
serve with a quarter lemon, some sort of potatoe and preiselbeeren

For you