Whats so special about Apple Cider vinegar anyways? Its so fucking expensive and doesnt evem taste that good...

Whats so special about Apple Cider vinegar anyways? Its so fucking expensive and doesnt evem taste that good. Cane and Coconut vinegar are stronger and cheaper. I really dont understand

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1785201/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's all a trend.

Knocks out acid reflux, try a tbsp or two next time you get acid reflux if you don't have a stomach ulcer. It's an ok cooking or salad vinegar too, especially for pulled pork and what not.

>as a salad vinegar

Tried it earlier. It tastes too bland t b h

Did you shake the bottle? Is it the clear type or cloudy like the one in OP pic?

helps get rid of the fruit flies. pour some in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, poke some holes...flies go in and don't come back out.

My parents bought into the apple cider vinegar meme a few years ago. I now know that it's not just a meme. It has great flavor and definitely helps with digestion. I really like using it in salads.

I already tried. Its just too bland for my liking. It isnt too sweet and strong unlike cane vinegar or coconut vinegar

Honestly as good as that stuff is the best part is that it still has the 'mother' in it, so you can use it to start your own vinegars. I've got chardonnay, marsanne, Cabernet sauvignon and tawny port vinegars going right now, as well as an initial try at a malt vinwgar made from a barrel aged barlwywine. Going to make a few fruit vinegars- ie actually vinegar made from fruit rather than fruit-flavored white wine vinegar- through the year, too- haven't tried that yet. I've got about four pounds of Santa Rosa plums to make my first trial batch.

sweet?
Holy mother of god. you guys really put sugar in everything.
Disgusting.

my mom buys that exact brand for some diet reason idk
she shoots it straight, its nuts

White people will buy anything. Nothing heals a broken soul and lonely house wife shattered life. Maybe a pool boy.

What are you talking about? I get asian rice vinegar and that had sugar in it.

It comes "with the mother".

That's the specific kind used for making sushi rice or for dressings. You bought a flavored vinegar. Most rice vinegar contains no added sugar.

That particular brand does, but it's not a unique characteristic of apple cider vinegar in general. Most ACV doesn't have the mother, and you can get other vinegars which do.

Where did I say that "with the mother" was a characteristic unique to apple cider vinegar?

Delete your post.

>

Well, OP asked "what's special about ACV". He didn't state that specific brand. So that implies he's asking about ACV in general, which means your answer was directed at ACV in general.

Your post would have been perfectly fine if OP has asked about "This brand" or "Bragg" rather than just asking about ACV in general.

Work on your reading comprehension.

I genuinely believe ACV has health benefits, drinking it daily clears up a lot of skin problems and gives you energy. I used to drink a seltzer bottle a day with about 3-4 tbsp of ACV.

The problem is that it's so sour and difficult to drink. It's like drinking hard alcohol. Makes you never want to drink it again.

Vinegar from tawny port; even with it being 20% alcohol?
Interesting; didn't know it could be done.

I used to work with a woman who ascribed all sorts of miraculous health effects to ACV. She claimed it would reverse hair loss, cure cancer, fix her libido, get rid of skin wrinkles, and all sorts of other crap with no logical explanation or basis in reality. She was perpetually broke and lived with about a dozen cats. Smoked like a chimney too. Said the ACV helped her cut back, but she still smoked 2 packs a day.

If you're trying to use a madwoman's claims to discredit ACV... You're just dumb. What if she said broccoli was good for you?

I mix two cap fills with a glass of water for my acid reflux

This. The stuff knocks out acid reflux better than anything.

well then she'd be right.

The point is that a crazy person's opinions shouldn't affect anything, genius

raw vinegar can be a little healthier by supplying your digestive system with beneficial bacteria, which can help with a number of different ailments.

it's not a magic cure-all though.

>What if she said broccoli was good for you?
That makes perfect sense because we know there are important vitamins and minerals found in broccoli.

Indeed. And let's think about this for a second. You labeled the woman I met crazy, but you haven't met her. I'm betting you came to that conclusion because she claimed completely irrational health benefits to ACV.

Now apply the same logic to .

>>energy
There's nothing in vinegar that provides energy. It's extremely low in calories and it's not a stimulant the way that certain drugs are. Therefore this is a crazy claim.

>>Clears skin
By what mechanism, exactly? Acid? that doesn't make any sense given that your stomach is already full of acid, and a much more potent one than in the vinegar anyway.

Therefore we must logically conclude that 's claims are dubious at best because they simply don't make any sense.

Pretty epic, friend. Sadly you're relying way too heavily on "established" medical knowledge, much as a Redditor would. Let me guess, you can't prove the existence of God therefore he does not exist?

Listen friendo, your epic attempt at making me look dumb failed. Science has barely explored the health benefits of ACV (or really, anything that could undermine the profit margins of pharmaceutical drugs). To believe blindly that science is an objective form of truth is honestly dumber than using anecdotal evidence.

>> you can't prove the existence of God therefore he does not exist?

Exactly. Given the lack of evidence we have two possibilities:
1) God exists but for some reason there's no proof
or
2) It's fiction.

Given that historically people love making shit up to explain unanswered questions, I think the latter is a far more likely scenario. Might I be wrong? Sure. But I think the odds are fully in my favor.

>To believe blindly that science is an objective form of truth...

Who said anything about that, user? I simply want someone to provide any kind of information that might suggest how these things supposedly work. But nobody seems to have even the slightest clue. Given that, I think it's far more likely that the ACV doesn't do those things at all, while those people who think it works are clouded by wishful thinking and confirmation bias.

However I'd gladly stand corrected if someone can provide either a reasonable explanation, or evidence. But I have yet to see either.

You have an incorrect assumption about the likelihood of things, which makes everything you say sound dumb.

I'm sure people used to be just as confident as you are that the Earth is flat

The experience of myself and plenty of other people validates what ACV does for one's health. If you choose to abide by your narrow system of belief instead, that's your right. Just make sure you stay consistent and load up on prozac (medical trial tested!) once you realize you're a miserable bastard.

I don't get it either dude I bought some because it was supposed to help my acid reflux/ringworm/acne/my cat's ear infection and it didn't work for any of those things.

I've heard a small amount of vinegar can be good for metabolic health, so maybe it helps your skin and energy level that way

Not the user you're arguing with but you sound stupid as well to say the least.

Hope the apple cider will help you the next time you need it. I quit having acid reflux after getting my shit together as it was alcohol induced - terrible times those were.

>The experience of myself and plenty of other people validates what ACV does for one's health.

This is blatantly wrong.

Delete your post.

I'm liable to agree with OP, but it's absolutely necessary for vinegar pickles (bread-and-butter).

That's about the only time I use it.

My argument is quite simply that it seems to have had a positive effect on my health, as well as the health of plenty of other people, without any side effects as far as i can tell. Merely lacking scientific support doesn't mean shit considering human knowledge is so limited.

End of story

>a vinegar that's been made for centuries
>its all a trend

did you just start paying attention to food last week??

It is really good for making chicken marinade.

>$4
>expensive

Good if you have diabetes since it help with glucose.

Cool. I'm happy for you. I hope you can always go back to it in a time of need. Maybe exercising some restraint when your opinions are experiences are challenged would do you some good - maybe venting is already giving you an opportunity to get frustrations out. You still sound just as moronic as this other fucker.

Fucking Apple Cider Vinegar.

would ACV with added "the mother" be suitable for pickling eggs?

It seems to me that a boiled egg is a perfect protein rich snck anyway, but maybe adding some "the mother" through infusion would enrich its nutritional value even further.

When i see evidence that challenges my beliefs, happy to revise. Until then, i'll go with what seems to be working just fine tyvm

it's good bait for fruit flies.

Has your Dr ever told you to take ACV to cure anything?
It's placebo.

It doesn't cure anything. It just happens to help in a lot of health problems.

There are some household uses and of course cooking benefits. But the most helpful would be its use of glucose control, meaning you dont get as fat when you eat carbs.

>"Many recent scientific investigations have documented that vinegar ingestion reduces the glucose response to a carbohydrate load in healthy adults and in individuals with diabetes. There is also some evidence that vinegar ingestion increases short-term satiety.".

Proofs:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1785201/

I like to buy those apple cider vinegar drinks Bragg makes because they're the closest thing to pic related, which I love and barely anyone else does. If it takes a fad for me to get the good, sour shit, then I can deal with it.

yeah but couldn't you just use any other vinegar

>beer vinegar

Now that's interesting.

>le ebin cuck may may

why haven't you killed yourself yet?