World hunger: we can solve it but fuck you

• 80% of antibiotics sold in the US are used in animal agriculture
• Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions ( more than the combined exhaust from transportation [cars, planes, train ect, which make up a combined 13%])
• Livestock and their byproducts account for more than 32,000 million tonnes of CO2 per year- that’s half of the WORLD’S greenhouse gas emissions
• Livestock covers 45% of the Earth’s total land (a cause in rainforest depletion). As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows
• Methane (yes, from cow farts), is more destructive than CO2 on a 20year time frame
• Methane has a global warming potential 86x that of CO2 on a 20 year frame
• Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed over 565 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions by 2030, all by raising animals for slaughter
• We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people (current population is 7.something billion[fuck u, use google])
• Growing crops for livestock takes 56% of the US water consumption
• 2,500 gallons of water is need to produce 1 pound of beef. And they ask us to take shorter showers? Fuck you
• 5% of US water is for private homes; 55% is for animal agriculture
• Don’t be a dick, go vegan. Or vegetarian or something.
Worldwide, cows drink 45 billion gallons of water and eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY! We have a high enough food yield to feed the whole planet, but we don’t, so that we can have fat fucking cows. We have starving people all over the world, THE GRAINS THAT WE FEED TO LIVESTOCK SHOULD BE FED TO PEOPLE INSTEAD. The meat/dairy industries are in close relations with pharmaceutical and chemical companies (hormone and antibiotic use). They are the one percent as well .

Other urls found in this thread:

bioscience.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/10/909.full
www2.worldwater.org/data20082009/Table19.pdf
gen.ecovillage.org/en/node/8885
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude, I was going to post something about veganism..
and then I see this.
PROPS!

Hmm lets see would I rather help some dindu nobody thats done nothing for me
or..
eat a delicious juicy steak

hard choice

Here are some even more relevant statistics:
Currently according to the UN, raising animals and producing the FEED FOR THEM uses 40% of the Earth’s land mass - almost half of the planet is an industrial farm for the meat/dairy industries. LET ALONE Cows are responsible for over 37% of the total methane generated by human activity. (Methane is 23 times as warming as CO2)
IT GETS BETTER
If we never subsidized meat in america, all food would be 1/10th the price.
1 acre of land can hold 40,000 pounds of carrots, 40,000+ pounds of whole grains, and 50,000 pounds of tomatoes.
1 acre of land can house an average of 250 pounds of meat. Do the math, thats not even 1% as efficient as plants (actually its 0.625%)
95% of soy, 80% of corn, 70%+ of oats, and over 65% of grain in america is used animal feed. (Literally Billlllionnnss of pounds wasted on middlemen (animals) instead of humans - remember vitamins and nutrients originate from PLANTS not from animals)

>made up facts
y u eet meat

Help some what? SAVE the FUCKING PLANET YOU IDIOT
2,400 Gallons of water is needed to produce 1 pound of beef and over 6000 liters for a 1kg of pork. Red meat production in commercial plants totaled 49.2 billion pounds last year. (If that were cow meat alone, that would be almost 23 trillion + 520 billion gallons of water 23.5 trill just for RED meat)
But theres more - 477 gallons of water are required to produce 1lb. of eggs; almost 900 gallons of water are needed for 1lb. of cheese.
1,000 gallons/liters of water are required to produce 1 gallon/liter of milk.
(Did you know less than 3% of water consumed in the US is by private homes. Over 60% of water consumed in the US is for animal agriculture. NOTE. The amount of water used to produce 1lb. of beef vary greatly from 1442 - 8000 gallons. We choose to use in the film the widely cited conservative number of 2500 gallons per pound of US beef from Dr. George Borgstrom, Chairman of Food Science and Human Nutrition Dept of College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Michigan State University, "Impacts on Demand for and Quality of land and Water." )
Oxford Journals. "Water Resources: Agricultural and Environmental Issues"
The World's Water. "Water Content of Things"
www2.worldwater.org/data20082009/Table19.pdf

How come it is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN and Linked to b the cause of the #1, #2 & #3 killer of humans? Heart Disease, Cancer, and Stroke and still be acceptable? Mix this with a regular intake of sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup; and you have an epidemic.
In the U.S., each year, 9 billion baby chickens, both males and females, are raised and killed for food. Worldwide over 50 billion chickens are now being slaughtered every year. More than 42 million cows suffer and die for the meat and dairy industries every year.

Made up facts? *facepalm*
you act like we have something to gain by helping YOU and the Planet

youre not helping me. youre helping the planet, animals and yourself.
-thx !!

Do vegans genuinely believe this nonsense?
Do vegans have the lowest IQ?
Why are they so fucking dumb? Lack of protein?

i totally agree! animal agriculture is not sustainable! and clearly a huge land consumer

>made up facts
>NO, dey r not mad up!

>SAVE the FUCKING PLANET YOU IDIOT
>implying im going to save a planet that wont even die in my lifetime
>implying im going to save a planet thats dying no matter what we do
HA. Have fun saving the planet when this whole place is eaten by the expanding sun

hello there, !
I see you're into all kinds of bleeding-heart proselytizing, how effective has it been, do you think?

its almost an epidemic! our diet is the reason we have so many health problems! we're eating ourselves to death. meat is so high fat and dont even get me started on that fake chemical sweetener crap lol!

>it's a retard episode

Call the cops, I don't give a fuck. I fucking love meat. Also dairy and pork are some of Denmark's biggest export. But no, sure, let's ruin a country so we can support the overpopulation. Good fucking idea

I honestly do think it's a good idea.

you think vegans are dumb?! Have you even done any research on the topic prior to commenting? if you dont understand world issues, you can sit back and let the adults talk.

That's kind of a stupid argument, all ideologies aside.

>its a cu/ck/ doesnt know simple astronomy episode

>It's a retard continues episode

How's school treating you kid?

I know this is ultimately useless, but why do you feel the need to use memes in every single one of your posts?

Yes. Vegans are notoriously dumb.

better than yours apparently

Boy that sure was a good steak tonight.

Gonna hide this wall of bullshit and nonsense now.

i think it get more and more effective each time. shill

World hunger can already be solved, and it has nothing to do with animal agriculture and everything to do with human culture.

I know this is a troll thread or even worse, a desperate attempt to convert people to your religion of meat free living. If that's the case then at least do some research into your arguments before you come here to spout half-truths.

Could and should we do with a less intense animal industry, and people eating less shit quality mass produced meat? Certainly, but veganist zealots are only going to get people to resist that. However doing so won't solve world hunger in the slightest.

World hunger has everything to do with culture, wars, logistics, ignorance and greed. The reason africa is a shithole of a continent isn't because they can't feed themselves.

Why don't you kill yourself, then? Not being edgy. Serious question. Why don't you? Nothing uses carbon like a first-world human. Yet you choose to remain alive.
Why?
If you care about the planet so much, why would you do that?
You will produce 515 tonnes of carbon in your lifetime. That's 40 trucks' worth. Remaining alive is the equivalent of nearly 6,500 flights from London to Paris. I could fly there 90 times a year, there and back, nearly every week of my life, and still not have the same impact on the planet as your birth had. Not to mention the pesticides, detergents, the huge quantity of plastics, the nuclear fuels used to keep you warm.
Your life is a selfish act. It's brutal. You have condemned the planet to suffering.
In fact, if you really cared, what you'd do is cut your throat open right now. Take out a sharp knife, make an incision in your neck, and double over to bleed out. I'd continue eating eggs and dairy and meat and you would have done more than your bit for the future of the planet.

If you care that much about "muh planet," until you put your concerns where your mouth is and off yourself, you're no better than the rest of us and really ought to eat your eggs benedict and enjoy it.

>They are the one percent as well .

WHO THE FUCK CARES

What about all the people in the industry? Not just the le one percent CEOs but the normal people who work on ranches, steakhoues, etc? fuck them?

The future you wish is much worse than what we have now. Thanksgiving with no turkey, no grilling, NO FUCKING CHEESE? I can't imagine what kind of pussified future you want where men don't cook and enjoy meat together. That is a nightmare of a future and world hunger is not just a matter of resources. The grain isn't magically going to be teleported around the world to every hungry person just cuz.

people aren't being fed so livestock can ! simple as that

Good. The world is too populated anyway

Oh, steak tastes so fucking delicious. And while I eat it, I can think about all the dumb niggers starving to death. Win win, if you ask me.

Not dump, but retarded and/or mentally sick, the poor levels of cholesterol and high levels of vegetal oils and carbs destroy the human brain make them unable to rationalize and trapped in a fanatic sort of religion

This thread just adds to the proof that veganism is a mental illness.

Okay you're trolling then, I suggest taking a tripdcode in the future so I can filter you. Or better yet just kill yourself.

I think what's more important is that we stop throwing away

A WHOLE FUCKING THIRD

of all the food produced.

Most of the food thrown away in the West is due to strict cosmetic standards set by supermarkets, I shit you not.

Reforming our livestock industry comes after that, it's not the priority if you're seriously concerned about world hunger.

World hunger can't be solved ... they'll just make more humans to compensate.

>water
>an issue
Stop living in a desert fuckface

Pretty much this, and although we can make great strides to be less wasteful and all that jazz, say we do get clean water and food to everyone in the world. Guess what? Population booms in places that are currently sort of kept kind of in check due to a lack of food.

Also, the world isn't "dying" so much as we (read: humans) are running out of readily available resources. Unless we literally blow apart the world, it's going to survive with or without us and life will continue despite how much we fuck up certain ecosystems.

Most of this post is wrong.

Could you point out what is wrong?

fuck the planet desu

Idiot vegans think anybody gives a shit about animals or the billions of people outside of their immediate family–they don't

>we can make great strides to be less wasteful and all that jazz
Cutting food waste alone would be enough to feed everyone in the world and we have the capacity to provide everyone with clean water too
> Population booms in places that are currently sort of kept kind of in check due to a lack of food.
No, population has been proven to drop dramatically in developing countries the moment you introduce education, contraception, allow women to work and study etc. In fact it's literally the other way round to what you say, the countries with the most food (i.e the wealthiest ones) are the ones with the most decreasing population. People have lots of kids, primarily because they don't know or aren't allowed to use contraception (muh religion), or because they need kids as a cheap workforce/alternative to pension. These are developing world problems, problems that go away the moment those countries stop being corrupt shitholes.

>Also, the world isn't "dying" so much as we (read: humans) are running out of readily available resources. Unless we literally blow apart the world, it's going to survive with or without us and life will continue despite how much we fuck up certain ecosystems.
The world is dying. Vast expanses of monocultures are killing indigenous ecosystems, the bees are dying, the sea is full of plastic and garbage and so is the ocean floor, which leads to sick and mutated marine life, rainforests are decreasing day by day, we have a growing amount of nuclear waste with no good solution other than to bury it. The world as we know it is dying. Whether this kills us and then eventually the world gets to recover when we're gone is beyond the point, we should do what we can to stop it now.

Or we could just embrace GMOs and still eat good stuff too

Also, the melting of the icecaps has officially been re-estimated by NASA to a 20% faster pace than previously thought.

Great explanation man. It's true that populations become more contained when education is introduced. Can't stand how people can't handle the idea of a more secure world cause muh steak.

>• Livestock covers 45% of the Earth’s total land (a cause in rainforest depletion). As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows

I'd love to see the source on this steaming turd.

Thank you, I don't see what a steak-less world has to do with a secure world though. We should continue to raise livestock and eat meat. What we shouldn't do is continue the practice of producing the ridiculous quantities of shit-quality industrially produced antibiotics filled crapmeat that the processed food industry requires to provide fat-fucks with enormous buckets of McFood.

>cutting food waste alone would...
Except a HUGE problem with current food waste is the inability to get the food to where it would be used. Sure, grocery stores throw away a lot, but they don't just love burning money for the sake of it. It's a much more nuanced and complicated problem than you're arguing. A store's turnover isn't going to be near perfect unless you literally micromanage people's lives. Can we do more as a society to have a culture of less waste and have policies where the food tends to go to the needy? Sure, but that isn't going to get the old produce from Walmart to Africa.

>Population slows in wealthy countries
We're talking feeding the world, champ, not educating it or increasing the GDP. If you just give food to the poorest areas without anything else, you're going to see population booms because families can reap the benefits of having a bunch of children in those societies without the risk of not having enough food to go around. You're getting entirely off-topic.

>The world is dying.
Earth is not dying, it's changing. You can argue that we are doing shit that has a negative impact towards certain current lifeforms including our own, but the Earth is going to continue to revolve and life is going to continue. You're fucking retarded if you think us disrupting ecosystems is literally killing the planet. Yes, the world as we know it is changing, but so fucking what? We've been here a blink of an eye. The world used to be covered in giant mushrooms. It ain't anymore.

Let me end this by asking you a question, OP. What are your real solutions to these problems? Do you have a charity? Have you balanced some sort of budget or drawn a plan that administers education and cultural change to areas so that they can then reap the benefits of being a more educated society?

Or are you under the delusion that you not eating meat (but still benefiting from a society where animal products are widely used, animal testing makes medicines safe, etc) is "doing your part to change the world"? Why aren't you in some third world shithole educating people?

>Except a HUGE problem with current food waste is the inability to get the food to where it would be used.
No, millions of tons of food are air and ship freighted across the globe to where they will get a higher price. It's economics, it's the market, it's not a physical problem of logistics. If the money was there to ship that food to those countries, or to keep the food grown in those countries that problem would not exist.
>Sure, grocery stores throw away a lot, but they don't just love burning money for the sake of it. It's a much more nuanced and complicated problem than you're arguing.
No, it is. Stores reject sometimes even 75% or 100% of a producers harvest the ONLY reason being that it fails to reach cosmetic standards. Google "Hugh's War on Waste" to see what's happening in the UK.

>A store's turnover isn't going to be near perfect unless you literally micromanage people's lives.
I don't understand what you mean by that.

>Can we do more as a society to have a culture of less waste and have policies where the food tends to go to the needy? Sure, but that isn't going to get the old produce from Walmart to Africa.
There are two ways for this, either you get NGOs and charities and governments to fund the shipment of this food as aid or you completely re-work the current economic system we've got (unlikely).

>If you just give food to the poorest areas without anything else, you're going to see population booms because families can reap the benefits of having a bunch of children in those societies without the risk of not having enough food to go around. You're getting entirely off-topic.
I never argued doing that. However if somehow magically 3rd World families as of tomorrow began to receive a shipment of food and condoms every week they would very much reduce their populations. Food security = no need to produce 10 kids to work the fields to feed you.

Cont'd

>Earth is not dying, it's changing. You can argue that we are doing shit that has a negative impact towards certain current lifeforms including our own, but the Earth is going to continue to revolve and life is going to continue. You're fucking retarded if you think us disrupting ecosystems is literally killing the planet. Yes, the world as we know it is changing, but so fucking what? We've been here a blink of an eye. The world used to be covered in giant mushrooms. It ain't anymore.

This is stupid semantics. Yes Earth as in the planet is changing not dying. Earth as in the ecosystem that we know and have inhabited is changing in a way that will destroy us and a whole lot of life with it. Who cares if the planet recovers within a week after our species is wiped out? We won't be there to see it. That's such a pointless argument.

>However if somehow magically 3rd World families as of tomorrow began to receive a shipment of food and condoms every week they would very much reduce their populations.
Citation needed. Welfare (which is what this would ultimately be) does not reduce population growth. Education and socioeconomics does, and those families, having to not worry about food, could raise their social status by having a large family because each could have a shitty sweatshop job and pool their money. Aid alone is not good for developing areas because it tends to have terrible effects on the economy that is there in the first place. You wouldn't just be shipping food, you'd have to monitor and distribute it to ensure it was actually given out. Ontop of this, it would ruin local food suppliers.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with some of your baseline points, but there's no reason to bring them up in the first place. What you're arguing for is a fantasy world.

>Political and socio-economic change is fantasy
Cool man.

P.S. I obviously didn't mean we should start shipping food and condoms to the 3rd world, the hint was in the "magically". I was making a point about how lack of food is not the prime factor behind limiting population growth.

Good thing you used "ect" in your second bullet point OP. I knew immediately you were retarded and didn't have to read any further. Thanks!

Of that magnitude, yes it is fantasy. You're saying that people should give away one of the most expensive (consider how much we spend in our lifetimes on food in both money and resources) necessities and resources to people without and also pay for those things to be given to people who may or may not appreciate those things. The money has to come from somewhere.

As you're finally hinting at, maybe you should shift your focus away from being an annoying vegan and more focus on educational opportunities for those places. Food, sadly, can come after you've fixed that.

I'm not OP and I'm decidedly not vegan. Education, a fair trade system, etc. are all part of what needs to be done. Charity works too, but it only prolongs an inherently unfair system.

Finally, giving away waste is not valuable. It's waste, we throw it away, we don't use it. There are videos of perfectly good food being destroyed by producers because of what I mentioned earlier, or food being thrown away further down the chain. The costs to ship that food is not as much as you make out at all. You could get that from all sorts of places, taxes, charities, you name it.

These arguments are actually valid but can't stop my hedonistic way of life tbqh I hate human race anyway

So then make it happen if it's so easy.

>MEN!!!! hurrr

Get over yourself

I have chickens and cows IT DOES NOT TAKE 2500 GALLONS OF WATER FOR ONE LB OF BEEF.. AND IT DOES NIT TAKE 477 GALLONS OF WATER TO PRODUCE 1 LB OF EGGS..

holy shit you're a fucking idiot. not to say there isn't merit to this but you need to understand that tearing up the ground to plant tomatos or carrots is different than leaving it to be pasture.

A lot of land that got plowed over for farming like that can erode top soil, or even cause dust bowls. "fixes" like this are usually the death knell of a movement becuase its one extremism to the next, just look at the way organic and gmo crops are polarized.

no, I'd say yours failed to explain the rate of expansion of the sun basically not being a factor for millions of more years.

> No, population has been proven to drop dramatically in developing countries the moment you introduce education, contraception, allow women to work and study etc.

What has yet to be proven is whether this can be sustained in African and Sunni nations.

>feed those bastard
>they take up land, resource
>their children/grandchildren will move into my country

>feed a chicken
>delicious thighs and wings

the problem is I cant eat those hungry bastard after they are full

>Worldwide, cows drink 45 billion gallons of water and eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY! We have a high enough food yield to feed the whole planet, but we don’t, so that we can have fat fucking cows.

why is it the US's responsibility to feed the whole fucking planet?

kill and eat the poor hungry people. that will free up some land and lower polution.

I cannot live forever. Thus, the world should die with me.

>world hunger: we can solve it

>feed a billion niggers
>10 years later there's two billion niggers demanding more free food from you
>20 years later it's four billion niggers demanding food from you

if they cant feed themselves then they can fuck off and die

These threads are fucking terrible, and full of apparantley psychopaths.

Why does it have to be so black and white? And why are people having such a hard time understanding basic facts?

Fact: Climate change is real and is at least partially caused by humans by pumping up trillions of tons of carbon that hasn't been in the carbon cycle naturally for millions of years.
Fact: Agriculture causes a lot of climate gases
Fact: Meat is healthy for you, but you probably dont need as much as you are consuming

Conclusion: Dont be a fucking asshole, eating less meat and more veggies is good for both you and the planet, and your'e not making any major life changes

I'll take "stuff edgy sixteen year olds say" for 200 Alex

>helping 3rd worlders who rape and murder and mutilate eachother

Thanks for this thread OP. People should know the consequences of their actions so they can better make decisions

Oh noooooooooo not turkey! Anything but the turkey!
You don't even give a fuck that an animal was enslaved, tortured and murdered for your appetite, do you? It's a horrible, cruel process. Watch earthlings.

but this guy speaks the truth

Overpopulation is literally the cause of every modern-world problem ever
>climate change
>poverty
>hunger
>crime
>animal cruelty

no, of course they will be independent and take care of ecosustainability. look:
gen.ecovillage.org/en/node/8885
for example.

I think it'd be more effective if America stopped attempting to eat the planet. We can all still eat our burgers and keep the dindus alive.

Then again, you probably don't want to give the dindus food without education, lest you create another India.

does 'world hunger' really exist or is it just another way for 'charities' to extort money from the naive masses in a capitalist economy?

So because you are alive on this planet you might as well fuck it up as much as possible?

What the fuck.

Jonathan Swift pls go

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
DURRRRRRRRRRR

THAT'S AMORÉ

No

>Believing the global warming meme
Global warming doesn't exist idiot

>Don’t be a dick, go vegan. Or vegetarian or something.
>or something

Okay. I'll be an omnivore.

I posted something like this a few months ago and got a 30 day ban, I'm surprised this thread is still up

>vegetables are for hipsters

fucking mouthbreather

>meme
Opinion discarded, shitcunt.

did you forget to take your b12 this morning? you seem even more anemic and irritable than usual

There's no reason to conserve when cultures tha5 don't care are exposing in population and exporting the excess to better cultures.

Preech to the chinks and indians please. Aka the real planet killers, instead of Veeky Forums

if black and white taught me anything its that when you increase the food supply people will fuck more thats all well and good for the western world that have womens lib and no qualms about using condoms and IUD's

but all those over crowded places where hunger is the issue will cause the already impoverished to have more children which means more mouths too feed.

limiting the food supply is good for this reason.
though dying of starvation is one of the worst ways to go.

My chickens eat kitchen scraps and yard, woods stuff. I refill the water feeder once a day so 300 gallons a year? Less because I use the extra water when I replace it ever morning.

This is the real issue. We spend billions feeding starving Africans, and all it does is let them create more starving Africans. And Africans or not, it's ridiculous to think a constantly growing population can just be sustained forever.

I say this as a vegan, btw, and agree the West is far too wasteful and destructive to the planet. But we're not the ones breeding so irresponsibly.

>This is the real issue. We spend billions feeding starving Africans, and all it does is let them create more starving Africans.
Looks like we have a foreign policy expert on our hands, why not take a flight over to Washington, DC and tell those amateurs at the state department how it's done

I guess kids these days have never heard of realpolitik. They unironically believe that the USA is an economic, military, and diplomatic heavyweight the likes of which the earth has never seen before, because people everywhere genuinely like Americans and want to please us instinctively everywhere we go

Meanwhile we "help" third world countries because we're "nice" and have literally nothing better to do

Birth rates go DOWN when standards of living reach a certain level, dummy. The best way to guarantee uncontrolled population growth is to limit or reverse decades of modernization taking place in poor countries

Great blog OP, where can I follow you for more facts™