Is this aesthetic?

Hey guys, complete newb here. Made this curry fried chicken with bananas in brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon sauce.

It tasted completely awesome, but how would you improve the presentation? Am I at least on the right track?

People are probably going to say to use a plate that's completely white.

looks good but cook the carrots. dont put it on the plate if its not intended to be eaten

Needs cream. White cream.

was there any left over sauce from the bananas? if so you could have put some of that under them.

I ended up drizzling the rest over the carrots and eating them that way. Would recommend. Next time I'll prepare it that way.

Yeah it looks nice!
Personally I would have laid out the carrots to look like grass and spread them in the shape of a Chinese hand fan thing lol, then I would have done thin lines over the chicken wth the sauce and as far as the bananas i like them the way they are

Not enough contrasting color. The meat is basically the same color as the banana slices which are the same color as the leaves on the design on the plate. Plus the light tan/brown/yellow looks even more washed out on a white plate.

I think it needs green. Also it looks too 'i tried to be fancy'. Lay the banana coins on each other overlapping in a line next time maybe, make an angled nest of carrots instead of plopping the chicken on top or somethingn

it looks like a giant man being half buried in some kinda orange sand while 5 peons watch.

For 1970s looks fantastic

Needs more colour, and maybe I'm just clueless but why are you serving the bananas with the chicken? They both sound good but it just seems like a weird combo, especially with the bananas off to the side like they don't belong.

caramelized banana slices with sliced chicken served on a bed of julienne carrot? not something i would order in a restaurant desu

I really just wanted some bananas desu. Also I don't eat enough fruit so I try to incorporate it where I can. Train of thought was like "curry is vaguely exotic.. frying with coconut oil.. tropical foods... Bananas?"

Fair. Just wasn't sure if it was something I was missing like I said. It sounds like it would taste well together.

Who cares about presentation? If it's good I'll eat it

do you think you can't eat raw carrots

i really dont want to bash you, but this plate looks horrible.
I thought those were scallops since you put your bananas over half of the plate while the chicken should clearly be the center.
but yeah, if you didnt mash up your chicken and arranged it in the middle it wouldnt be horrible

I think theyre just assuming that no one wants to eat cold carrots with hot tender chicken. it's an odd combo for sure

OP biggest problem with your plate is there are no vivid colors. make some kind of red sauce or add greens.

My friend has the same plates user.

make it more symmetrical

I see the giant man lol

ITS FUCKIN RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

needs greens. Your chicken I would have arranged differently too, looks too haphazard, but that' being nitpicky. Your scallops are in the right direction but the angle is a bit off in relation to the vertical design on the plate (also being nitpicky).

I would have added greens with or beneath the carrots, and then a bit shredded on top of the chicken unless you did something to improve the placement of it. I believe it stands out so much to me either because of the simplicity of the whole dish, the relation of the haphazard chicken pile to scallop arch, or a combination of the two factors.

That being said, I would still have gladly eaten that dish and would have complimented you on it.

>scallop
>banana

they're basically the same thing right? excuse my blunder, I read that they were bananas but still thought of them as scallops