Did I undercook my steak? It tasted good but I'm worried about stuff like mad max disease

Did I undercook my steak? It tasted good but I'm worried about stuff like mad max disease.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JB1x0O-bhrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks fucking disgusting

>image.jpg
Sleep tight porker

You will be fine. Next time set the heat on high and leave your pan for five minutes (or until it starts smoking) then add a bit of oil (not olive oil. Smoke point is too low) If it's a thin steak like in the pic, do 1 min one side, flip and then 45 sec. Add butter in the pan along with garlic, thyme and rosemary and baste the steak on low heat for about 30 sec. Be sure to let the steak rest for 5-10 mins. Cover it loosely with foil during this period. After resting it, slice it against the grain (against the lines that you see on the top of the steak).

Cook raw meat for 1:45?
Are you fucking retarded dude?

no u

1 min + 45 sec + 30 sec = 2 min 15 sec.

but everyone knows it takes a minimum of ten minutes to properly cook meat

You're fine
You cooked on to low of heat.

Preheat your cooking surface. If you're scared of rare or med rare.
Cook on each side for about 4 mins, but the cooking surface temp needs to be hot enough to hear a sizzle.

Or use the fucking internet and not 4 Chan to learn to cook..WTF

>mad max disease

lol

Sfw board fuckhead

>or until it starts smoking
If your steak doesn't start smoking as soon as it hits the pan, the pan isn't hot enough.

This if it doesn't look like a 3 alarm fire b/c of all the smoke you don't have a hot enough pan.

youtube.com/watch?v=JB1x0O-bhrw

Looks great but your asshole might turn into a fury road later.

It's fine and cooking has no effect on mad cow.

If you dont know how to cook steak do this
>Set oven to 200-250
>cook steak for 15 minutes
>Turn over once
>Remove from oven heat a pan over medium heat
>Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes each finish with butter

Reverse sear makes me think America's Test Kitchen doesn't know shit.

I read every month them cutting corners on classic recipes for convenience sake, where they shouldn't, then they insist on this bullshit instead of just paying attention to temperature control.

Finish in oven 4 - 5 min at 500 degrees

nigga the only thing you gotta worry about is poo in the loo places for shit like that

Store bought shit is safe just make sure and cook the outside entirely to cleanse the ecoli bacteria

hamburger is a different story, cook that shit.

[spoiler]blue rare is my preference[/spoiler]

Nice raw meat lad :^)

>where they shouldn't
it's because they did a controlled experiment and can't tell the difference when you do it the longer/harder way

Sometimes, which I disagree with but that's beside the point, but most of the time it's just written into Cook's Illustrated or Cook's Country that they did not want to go through the process because it either "took too long" or "too much effort."

Op here. Witness me.

If your house doesn't catch fire then your pan isn't hot enough.

Real OP here I suck cocks

Wtf u cook it 2 mins each side and its done u can eat raw beef u dumb fuks