Besides being over priced, is there anything else wrong with them?

Besides being over priced, is there anything else wrong with them?

It's the best coffee on the market. What the fuck are you talking about?

The fact that I have no idea what they're trying to be. They're not creamy enough to be considered a milkshake, or as satisfying as a milkshake. Milkshakes are great because they're full of fat, and you can feel it coat your mouth as you drink it. Frappucinos are basically flavored ice, with a bit of dairy. Yet they still have a ridiculous amount of calories. They aren't worth the calorie count, for as unsatisfying as they are. I'd rather buy an ice cream cone or milkshake or malt, and fork out the additional 100-200 calories, just so I can feel like I enjoyed it.

Being an unhealthy milkshake?

The fact that their completely devoid of nutrition? These things have like 70+ grams of sugar. How are you okay with drinking that slop?

I drink unsweetened flat whites. The burnt flavor of their coffee really shines through without the sugar and flavorings to disguise it. If my friend really wants to go there, I get a mini matcha frapp.

I'm talking about stabucks in general, not the fucking drink you dense motherfuckers.

Then post a picture of their logo if you want a Starbucks general thread, you fucking faggot.

Then maybe you shouldn't post specific pictures and describe them with generic pronouns. You dense fuck.

I just think it's wrong to call their bevereges "coffee" when the coffee is simply one of many ingredients that make up their bevereges. Like calling spaghetti bolognese a "steak" simply because it contains meat.

They may use coffee as a base for their drinks but it's not a coffee. It's a coffee scented milkshake.

Are those cups BPA free? Need to know.

I buy their stuff if it's on sale and I think it's really the only "gourmet" brand I've liked. The single origin stuff is good and my first bag of pike's place is emptying quicker than my bag of peet's. I think I dumped the gevalia out to make room for the sb. I suspect it has a lot to do with the coarser grind that's better suited for my meager equipment and even more meager skills, but even the finer ground "better" stuff I've run through a drip machine (kuerig, kek) tastes bad.

They seem pretty consistent as a brand but it's too expensive for me to buy at regular price and their stores are cancer.

I don't care for teenage girl-tier frappes or other stuff they serve.

They don't pay tax.

They have been able to give themselves a reputation for being for the people despite campaigning for all to pay their fair share.

Their drinks are little more than salty syrup and sugary syrup and are now the teenage version of McDonalds.

dear god no, mcdonalds coffee is about 10 orders of magnitude higher tier and its still shitty.

The one thing they do right though is water filtration to get a consistent product.

> gourmet
gevalia, starbucks, keurig
nah bro. you've been shilled on hard.

Well then...I like their cold brew + sweet cream. Anyone else like it?

They don't call that beverage "coffee," they call it a "frappe," or "frappuccinno," if made with steamed milk. You can order any normal coffee or espresso drink at Starbucks, these are just not those.

Gourmet in the supermarket sense, hence the quotations. I know keurig is shit, my mom uses it for tea, but I hoped it would do better for the ultra fine grind off some the other brands.

>The one thing they do right though is water filtration to get a consistent product.
>to get a consistent product.
Pro tip: Softening the water (via filtration) is all about preventing scale build up inside the machine, which can be expensive to clean and causes long term damage every time that cleaning process is undertaken.

I will buy their ground coffee to make in my drip machine at home sometimes. Their coffee isn't bad but every time I get it in store it's incredibly burnt.

Plus their marketing is annoying and so is everyone drinking those disgusting sugary frappes.

>over priced

Can we end this meme already?, it's not funny nor true, starbucks is tje top qualitt in both service and the products they offer.

Get real starbucks is trash
It's fast food coffee
They even sell it through a god damned drive thru
If you don't care about coffee go to a dunkin donuts or a fuckin gas station
Don't pay 6 bucks just to look like a fag

Think about all their locations
How could they honestly serve a quality product at all of them

>being an asshole to someone who's made to say stupid shit by their manager

the only tip people like that douche are the ones from their fedoras

McDonald's coffee is better ever since they did that "McCafe" rebrand
Less sugary ridiculous frappes though
Half the frappes don't even have fucking coffee in them

I've never heard anybody say "let's go to the McCafe" though

I wouldnt say its overpriced really. Maybe if you get that super crazy shit but I get a venti black tea lemonade like twice a week and its less that 4 bucks, definitely worth it too those shits are delicious

in many US states, mcdonalds isn't some hangout joint, it's full of poor people, and some of them panhandle you at your table.
And they cause fights, and nobody wants to be around that shit.

starbucks prices are JUST high enough to keep away undesirables

To be fair the girl could've just accepted large as an order.

WTF? Frappuccino isn't made with steamed milk.

Starbucks is . . . . well, OK. Their beans are shit tier, they overroast so they can get a consistent product from mediocre beans.

They do

>starbucks
is it possible to even get good coffee in america?

The local coffee houses by me are already much cheaper and higher quality than Starbucks. I have no reason to go there anymore.

fat and sugar in highfuck quantities? gee

you must be fucking joking

Yes, but only in the parts of the country that matter.

Coffee is one of those things that are overpriced in any café so I don't really see why the criticism should only apply to starbucks. With that said I have no idea what they have to offer above any other place that made them so globally popular. Although I will admit I sometimes use starbucks for wi-fi when I'm abroad and unsure whether other places have wi-fi.

starbuck's coffee has a weird ass aftertaste

I quite like frappes I find them pretty refreshing. The latte one is good I think its like 350 kcals so that isn't that much.

oh I just cant start my day without my coffee
I'll have one tall glass of milk with sugar swirled in.

theyre a milk shake op. its a milk shake for breakfast. a good one, but still a milk shake.

>is there anything else wrong with them?

Not at all. Those look like nice desserts.

>drinking a frappe for breakfast
You're doing it wrong you autstictc fuck

starbux coffee is on about the same tier of quality as tim hortons, except a large coffee at tims is less than 2 bux (CAD).

also
>buying coffee from coffee shops
just ground the beans yourself at home you lazy shits. fast food coffee is a huge waste of money and you have more selection otherwise. the only excuse to really get them is if you're running late or something

*autistic

>implying I want cold as fuck coffee by the time I get to work 45-1 hour after sitting in traffic

Nah, I'm good. I want fresh shit from the coffee shack right by work. Also I feel bad for plebs who live outside of Washington State, where every brand and kind of coffee imaginable is on every street corner, and all of it is amazing.

>not getting up early enough to enjoy a cup a coffee before commuting

kek

>losing out on sleep just to drink coffee at home

Or I can have coffee AND extra sleep! Doing your life wrong, broski.

im a morning person, feels good man

Price.

I wanna wake up early just so I can drink coffee, for some reason that seems fun.

Why would someone use a Keurig for tea? It's not like it's markedly easier or more convenient. Tea is hella easy to make. Microwave a cup of water, plonk a teabag in there, wait a sec, and sip. If you're a bong and have a kettle, it's even easier. Fuck.

One thing I'd advise anyone against: if you have a Keurig and have one of those refillable K-cups, DO NOT put fine-grained espresso in it. The K-cups will overflow and the Keurig will leak water from different orifices and make a mess, and the coffee itself will come out weak and bitter.

Tbh any kind of coffee can be served through a drive-through, and it would be a great thing to have gourmet, high-quality coffee from a drive-through.

This. Currently the US is ahead of Italy in high end coffee.

BUT

you're only going to find that stuff in specific spots - Seattle, Portland, Austin, NYC, San Francisco, etc.

Flyover land just turns everything into milkshakes. So you get the Frappicino.

So, are we talking the border, which matters because of the hard work the customs people do to keep about half of the Joses and Pajeets out,or the Midwest, where Americ's food is grown, or the west coast, where major tech companies milk hipster twentysomethings for their tech skills, or the east coast, where businesses and finances and the federal government are based, or the central north, where there are more farms and the auto industry is doing their thing, or the south, where industry thrives and major ports bring in oil and commodities, along with tons of seafood?

Just wondering which of those pieces don't matter.

Large Frappuccino

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (24 fl oz)
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22g 34%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 300mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 96g 32%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 88g

DESU its not really worth it, senpai

The only Starbucks product I've ever had are those milky coffee drinks you buy in the glass bottles at the store. No idea what they're technically called.

I like them but they're almost $3 a bottle so I don't buy them too often.

Their passion tango tea is pretty good. I usually get it unsweetened.

>less rushed morning
>enjoying hot drink at your own pace
>fully awake when arriving to work

it's nice

They're called "frappicino", but they're completely different. Starbucks just used the name to capitalize on the other's popularity when they were released, but it's just milk sugar and iced coffee.

>They're called "frappicino", but they're completely different.
>it's just milk sugar and iced coffee

Explain to me what a normal frappucino is, then.

I got a black tea mango lemonade yesterday and it was really fuckin' good, but I just know I could go to the store, buy mango black tea and lemonade, and make way more of the same thing for less.

Sort of the same - it's a coffee concentrate mixed with condensed milk and flavorings/sugar syrup (crap comes in liquid in a bag, stinks forever if you get it on you), and then blended with ice cubes.

yes

It's all milk and sugar

Those teas are really good, yeah.

Target (other groceries too I'm sure) sell the Tazo tea concentrate. Go buy a few boxes of that and make your own at home.

/thread

I like the nitro cold brews.

I buy them when they're on sale for 1.5$ per bottle at grocery stores but that's about the max price I'd pay for them.

I've never seen them that low. I just mix my own coffee, milk, creamer shit together in the bottle and leave it in the fridge overnight.

So you obviously never drink it black.

>Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Cream, not even once

Why does their cold brew taste so good? Their regular coffee tastes like crap but this stuff is great with a little bit of milk added.

Cold brewing ensures that the coffee doesn't pick up the most bitter chemicals, which are only extracted at certain temperatures.

>at certain temperatures.
Ok that makes a lot of sense. People usually say that regular Starbucks coffee tastes burnt.

DD is better than the hipster bullshit you care so much about.

What's the food like there? Overpriced and mediocre? I realized I've never actually had any of their sandwiches. Usually just get a cookie or something small like that with my coffee, but I hardly go there when I can go to Tim Hortons or a locally owned business instead.

Tastes burnt if you don't have them dump fistfuls of sugar into it. It's pretty much Dunks for yupsters. I'd rather just not have coffee at that point.

>tfw you work at Starbucks
At least my store is a reserve store and gets not burnt tier coffee

>post yfw you've never tasted anything from Starbucks

If you're ever curious, melt a chocolate bar into a cup, pour in half a cup of milk, then drop a splash of coffee in there.

That's 90% of their menu.

It's loaded with sugar.

You're not missing out on much.

>of the hard work the customs people do

Look, I get you hate brown people, but you don't know shit about the country, and less about ICE. They make the TSA look noble and helpful. So stop making shit up.

>wow this actor in a movie was such an asshole to an actress in the scene why didn't he just ask for a change in script

Shit quality like everything else fast food.

Everything tastes bad

that is when most people drink starbucks, so no, you are wrong. as evidenced by the fact that the people who are making this shit and depend on people buying them to stay in buisness all drink it at hours you don't agree with.

Ex-starfucker here.

Most business is in the morning, but that's almost all drip coffee, red-eyes, and lattes.

Frappicinos don't really start selling till about 10:30, after the morning rush. It's moms and fat secretaries pretending it's coffee at that point. Men generally order them afternoon.

>fat wimmen
>men
i order these frappe's and im still considered a man, yes.

Keeping drinking those things and you won't be able to see your dick anymore.

This bait doesn't even rate a picture of a fish and a hook.

The best way to judge coffee quality is by ordering an unsweetened iced americano. Good coffee is palatable on this form. Excellent coffee is fucking delicious this way. But the same order from starbucks tastes like the little bit of water you get in your mouth when you siphon water from a fish tank.

Actually for tastings they do either pour over or french press.

But I'm sure the drink that you happened to like is just something every coffee judge and roaster in the world just never learned about!

Fucking idiots thinking they're experts on shit they know nothing about . . . .

Another sbux barista here. Laughing at this entire thread.

Calorie count if anything.
I go to Starbucks once or twice a year just for one of their fall/Christmas-sy drinks.

they WILL give you the beetus if you drink them on the reg

All these replies answer your question you stupid fuck.

Worked for sbux for almost 8 years. Coffee isn't bad just don't order retarded shit. Also the caffeine content in all of those fraps and other shit is minuscule. You're getting Jew'd if you pay $6 for "coffee" with no caffeine.

>a Starbucks is usually open until 8 PM but most people order at 8 AM
>that means they sell everything on the menu at that time
What the fuck do you think the other 12 hours are for

This. I thought Starbucks was ok until I ordered a black one. It was a mistake.

>starbucks prices are JUST high enough to keep away undesirables

Which is actually key on their success.

[spoiler]And pretty much the main reason I like the place.[/spoiler]

Keeping the water somewhat hard allows the oils to detract from the bean better. Also, hard water makes the best dough.