So I finally did it, I went to the Japanese market and got pic related

So I finally did it, I went to the Japanese market and got pic related.

What should I use it on first? I hear it makes great sauces, so I guess dip some fries in it?

baby

Live in Hawaii and see this stuff from time to time. I hear it's saltier than regular mayo. If I ever buy it, I'll probably start by putting on a BLT or something.

theres a baby on the mayo

>hear about a mayo that is saltier than normal
>proceed to combine it with bacon

that's Veeky Forums, folks.

>dipping fries in mayo

You are the worst kind of scum.

Make egg or tuna salad with it.

kyooo-Pie

It's more vinegar, not salt.

Should have bought some Takoyaki and Okonomi Sauce while you were there OP.Those three make an absolutely glorious combination.

Apparently Japs slather that shit on everything. Like post-war Japanese patriotism.

Seen people do it with chicken fingers or kara-age. Mayo is apparently a must on yakisoba, takoyaki, and okonomiyaki. Saw a fucking asshole put some on natto. Of course he was sitting in front of a camera, so that made sense. Surprise, Jap mayo is suited for Jap food.

Mussels dynamite is also pretty good.

I should try making Russian dressing with Western and Kewpie mayo. Put a little of that on thinly sliced lettuce.

Now that I think about it, the only way mayo served that makes me gag if it's just there on a sandwich or something. Gotta mix it with something else.

Where's your sense of adventure user-chan

Fries and mayo are a match made in heaven

Mayo as a base and not purely that.
Personal favorite is mixing it with horseradish, vinegar and spices. Pair that shit with potato wedges.

I saw a Jap put it on bananas.

I usually see it as a dressing for salad (that splotch of green iceberg on the plate) when I order Teriyaki.
It seems a bit sweeter than mayonnaise to me.

You sound Dutch.
I mean that as a compliment.

Oh I love kewpie and do plenty with it but just making egg and tuna salad with it is just one of those comfy meals for me and easy to do.
Only thing I really like using Hellmann's mayo for is deli sandwhichs otherwise all other mayo applications go to kewpie.

For sure. You can't beat simple and tasty.

Most of the deli meats and cheeses I like on my sandwiches are on the saltier/spicier side, so a more subdued mayo with dijon mustard is usually what I go with.

It's very good on greens - the fresher the better. I particularly like it on cucumber and broccoli.

Mixed with wasabi and a dash of fresh lime juice on anything

Personal favorite of mine is making a hash out of leftover potatoes, some type of protein, whatever vegetables I can scramble around, topped with some parsley and a couple of over easy eggs. Then I lather it up with Kewpie and sriracha but any good vinegary hot sauce would do. Hearty and GOAT breakfast imo.

the dutch aren't so bad

where to cop?
t. flyover

Central Texas here. My local supermarket carries it in the import isle. The local asian market also stocks it.

If neither of those options work for you then just mail-order it.

Now, maybe I'm a retard, but how is that answer not obvious? If your local store doesn't carry it, get on Google.

Get tonkatsu sauce, add them to you're katsu sando

OP here; I ended up doing some stir fry and putting it on top.

Creamy and delicious with a slight rice vinegar/lime tang that went great with the garlic and ginger in the stir fry. Would recommend.

I really like it in sandwiches since it's so eggy tasting.

it's at my local international market.
I didn't know this mayonnaise was any different from other mayo so I didn't pick it up. it was 10 dollars and the bottle was so small.

Westernized Jap here, kewpie is the shit.
Awesome on any fried food (meats especially), jap potato salad, and pairs really well with ketchup and Tonkatsu sauce.

Basically I was wondering if any of the major chains carried it. It's a rural area, so we don't have chinaman markets.

It would make more sense to call your local store and ask. Chains don't stock the same thing at all locations, they adapt what they sell based on the demographics there.

For example, I live in Texas. We have 4 HEB supermarkets in my town. They are radically different depending on which one you go to. The southernmost one is mainly boxed meals & pre-prepared food. Their fresh food selection is not very good (and they don't carry kewpie). The next one has a massive selection of fresh foods, produce, etc. Cheese selection is god tier. They carry Kewpie in the international isle. Next one is in the poorer part of town. Produce section is the best I have ever seen. Cheese selection is awful. No kewpie. All sorts of specialty Mexican stuff though...and so on.

If you want to know if your store has it, call them and ask. Or check the next time you stop by.

>westernized jap
You mean American weeb, right?
:^)