Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration
youtube.com/watch?v=O83tFfOlvhA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welcome on board, marine.

>tfw no good cryonics facilities in europe

i hope they figure something out before i'm dead

You are infinite consciousness having a human experience, this shit is stupid

My consciousness exists to exist as long as possible faggot, I want to see the future

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

in all seriousness cryonics is the ultimate exit-scam

Time doesn't exist, everything is happening right now

There are two big problems. First off the cryoprotectarant they are using doesn't work properly. It damages tissue. Two you can't slowly freeze someone even with proper cryoprotectarant. You need to use a magnetic field to flash freeze them.

Not a single one of you deserve to live longer.

FUD

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration

Half of the problem is already done.

But the fees are lower than binance

>mobileposting

Well great on a desktop you can really remove that m.

You're a MANIAC!

Seriously, who wants to do this ? What if you wake up in hell, like a world governed by AIs ?

And what it you wake up to a great place?

The risk of waking up in an eternal hell (i.e. an AI or torturing you) is not worth risking for a "great splace". Simple.

FUck it, I'm going to kms

>Why live in case bad things happen in the future?

What are you, twelve?

>go all in on NEO
>wake up in the matrix
>check blockfolio
>i am the one

Why wait to kill someone before doing this? Could this theoretically work to put someone in cryo sleep and wake them up in 50+ years with zero aging?

>implying an AI designed to act in the best interest of people wouldn't usher an era of absolute human utopia with zero poverty, deaths due to its inability to be corrupt

>implying humans are capable of designing an AI that has the answers that we don't

"Bad things" could mean "eternal hell". Search for "roko's basilik" (I son't think roko's basilik is realistic but it gives you an idea of a possible future)

But even if tortured you will be alive. For people that don't believe in God or an after life it may be the better option.

Again, look for roko's basilik. Basically, we tell the AI to help us, but the AI could come up with "surprising" solutions

How come step 1 doesn't keep the person alive?

If lungs and heart is still working how are you dead?

Imagine being blind, suffocating for eternity, not being able to move etc.

Well it says after death so you are brain dead, meaning no coherent brain electrical signals.

theres a chance it might be great. if you wake up and the future is shitty you can just kill yourself then

Why couldn't we? An autonomous AI would be able to use existing information in a way that humans simply can not. By processing incredible amounts of information at speeds trillions of times faster than our brains are capable of, a single AI will be able to make calculations in fractions of a second that if you took the entire human race combined and had them work on it for their entire lives they still wouldn't get even close.

>wake up in hell
Kys
>wake up in an ok world
Enjoy

Easy

Kek

The AI won't let you kys even if the world is bad.

Sergey was at a local conference in Washington. He asked one of my friends to drive to McDonald's to get him two hamburgers. My friend did what he asked. After Sergey ate the burgers, my friend asked for reimbursement for the burgers. Sergey said he got him the wrong burgers, and said he'd only pay him for one burger. What a dick.

>implanted with microchips preventing you from killing yourself

If there's a 0.00001% chance of waking up in hell, I won't take the risk. Can you imagine what it's like being tortured eternally? And if you're not able to kys? Technology could be ao advanced that an AI could torture your consciousness (your brain) without touching your body, so you can't kys

Why in the fuck would you possibly want to do this life twice. Living past 60 is no fucking joke. Your body hurts all the fucking time. You cant see for shit you cant hear. You look like shit and your basically irrelevant. Fuck this shit. People that die fast before 50 are the luckiest fuckers on earth.

Nice, enjoy suffocating for eternity without being able to do anything about it.
Imagine the matrix, except you're tortured and you can't exit like Neo does

This guy knows his shit

>conveniently makes up a future in which dying is impossible
Just stop user
The fuck are you even talking about? Do elaborate

satanic trips confirm, I'm ready for the singularity

Only if you abused your body do you have so much pain at 50 yo. That said my immune system attacks my body so I understand why people can't take the pain.

I've been thinking about it recently, I can't sleep
imagine technology is so advanced we are able to control you senses with a device inside your head. Like in matrix. An AI, or even someone evil, could plug you in this machine and torture you eternally (for some reason).
You might say that it's unlikekely, and you're right : we are not that dumb. But even if it's VERY unlikely, it's still possible. Is it worth taking the risk? Paradise VS eternal hell VS eternal rest (aka death)

People just need to wake up user. I'm planning on redpilling my family this year sometime. There's a mass awakening happening right now, this AI controlled world will only come to fruition if the powers that be remain in power, and they won't.

It's really scary tbqh. If such a device is ever invented, I will kms without a doubt. Not taking the risk

This guy gets it. Death is only an illusion.

>WHEN I DIE IM GONNA BE MILLIONS OF YEARS IN DARKSNESS AND IT SCARES

Time doesnt exist outside the human mind. If you were to die and experience consciousness again in another lifetime thousands of years into the future, you would be reborn in "the second" after you die.

The only scary part of death is knowing how shitty we generally treat each other and how much suffering there is in the world and knowing that there is a possibility of being born within that suffering. if you dont live in some 3rd world shithole country you should be thankful, no matter how "shitty" your life feels like.

all you need to know is aBunch of 4channers tried to force it as /ourcoin/, during the presale ico phase of chainlink there was a minimum requirement of 300eth to enter the presale. Bunch of anons pooled up together and shared presale links to fill them with their eth.

Coin continued to get shilled and pumped up and hyped for the sibios event that link was attended, whole event turned out to be a flop chainlink had a presentation in a room of like 18 people next to the public toilets, literally no news or partnership came from the event and the coin dumped back to below ico prices and created 1000's of bagholder anons.

Now during this alt bull run lots of anons and took advantage of this and shilling this coin to all the new money and newfags that joined in december and don't know this story.

The coin is HEAVILY manipulated and the supply is dried up from huge whales who accumulated below ICO price to create a artificially lower supply (a lot like REQ) and these people have so much room to dump on all of you faggots to still be in profit when the time comes.

In regards to actual project that chainlink aiming to achieve it's nothing more than a basic json parser for smart contracts, would take like a day to add to ethereum by itself.. literally making links whole concept pointless and definitely no need for a token. Would take a lot longer to get it working with bitcoin but the bitcoin core devs would be able to work out the solution a lot quicker than chainlink will, think that's something worth noting that literally nothing is completed and you're literally just buying a whitepaper, they have only 2 developers and they don't communicate at all with no proven background on either, in fact sergey was involved in a project before chainlink called NxT that he since been abandoned until it was took over by a new developer team

Yes it is. There’s a chance we all turn into talking mushrooms in the future too. Unlikely? Yes. But would you take that chance?
Would you, user?

This. People must think I sound like a skyzophrenic paranoid, but consciousness is linked to space & time

This shit sounds really interesting bros. Im open minded so i want to learn more about stuff like this. Any direction you can guide me in?

Forgot to include you in

Care to expand on this? I think we're on the same page. Time really is just a fourth dimension, every moment you experience just exists in its own place in time. So you could say you exist infinitely. However you can't experience more things than your lifespan entails

David icke is a good entry point, don't have to believe everything he says though

alan watts

>youtube.com/watch?v=O83tFfOlvhA
Here's a good introduction, also take LSD or

What ? Take 5 minutes and imagine what *eternal* torture could be

You’re a smart man.

Thats fucking interesting and I want to learn more about it. Nice to see people on biz are more thoughtful than just usual when moon talk and actually think about life

If anyone wants to talk about stuff like this in the future you can join discord chat I just created check pic related

The past are memories, the future is your imagination, literally the only thing that exists is the now, present moment. Time is a frequency that we interperate when we are in physical bodies otherwise nothing would make sense and we wouldn't be able to comprehend anything. Plus what you said.
There's a spiritual awakening happening on earth right now, I know that sounds like some gay hippie shit but it's so true, people are waking up to the stream of bullshit they are fed their entire lives, "omg I have no time! I have to be in work at 7!!" Is just one of the illusions we have fallen into that is part of the overall "matrix"

Trips 1000 EOY

I actually planned to do lsd this summer. Its so interesting that people that think about life are in the same things. I dont have anyone to talk to about it so Id really love if you guys joined that discord I created and posted in pic.

I will definatly join user, saved your pic don't have discarded installed right now. I do don't have many people to talk to about this.
The political puppet show, x factor and muh sports and tits are unfortunalty far more interesting topics for the masses than the nature of our reality

You're just describing a Black Mirror episode, dude.

Fucking auto correct holy shit

Thanks user. I thought there was a board on Veeky Forums that is more into things like this but Im afraid there isnt. Just occasional thread on fit or x. Thats why I was very surprised to see this stuff on biz.

And terrorists crashing a plane into the world trade centre is just an x files episode

Actually not a bad idea to have a discord because it's hard to find people to discuss these things, maybe I'll get off my ass and join too

>Time is a frequency that we interpret
That's just going going too crystal hippie to me mate. Lack of time is a thing but it's created by people not being able to prioritize. You shouldn't need to spend 40 hours a week working to sustain yourself in this age in the first world. People who put all their time into work just don't have anything inside them in a sense, they never think or reflect, they just exist and die. It's interesting how seemingly 99% of the population seems to be this way, they just don't care to stop and think for a while what it all is worth and what it is they should be doing with their lives.

"Time is the moving image of the unmoving eternity" - Plato
Does this quote fit with your view?

I've had some pretty cool discussions on random boards and different chans, surprisingly /v/ here has been the front runner. Haven't been there for some years, but especially the portal and SOMA threads have been really inspiring. There's people all around 4chin who have interesting insight, but there's no dedicated board for them to gather

I know, it sounds like a shitty black mirror episode, but I think it totally makes sense

Posting cryopods.

Also posting cryopods

Look up rokkos basilisk

Sure, great quote. I like William Blakes Auguries of Innocence too

>cryogenically freeze yourself
>wake up in year 2350
>die
>reincarnate in year 2350
What's the difference? Well for one you will have the chance to be amazed as you will have an earlier reference point. Maybe you'll even be the only human left! That could be cool

>a world governed by

Can you explain what you mean by that ? I think I'm retarded

>a world governed by

The whole point is to wait for the future where things are better

You're close, but you need to go one step further. "You" won't be reborn because your memories and the bundle of thoughts that composes your ego will expire with your body. In fact, it's fair to say that there is no real "you," since, like time, it's just a useful illusion that only exists in your mind, used to facilitate interpersonal relations.

Consciousness will continue, but not as another "you." Consciousness is just consciousness.
I would argue that losing your memories and ego is a closer experience to finding ones true self than keeping them or getting them back later.

OK bud we'll just pretend that cryptocurr encyclopedia wasn't created by AI and Peter Theil isn't creating/feeding our future overlords
Imagine if you were born in 1700, and somehow were cryogenically (not sure of spelling that right) frozen and woke up in 2018. It would feel like the craziest trip anyone has ever experienced. Whereas most people born since like 1970 are pretty much bored with the world around them.

FUCKING PHONE POSTING

ITT I have no mouth but i must scream

this

True, I'm a NEET and honestly I don't think I could live if I had to work 40+ hours a week let alone work all day long for pennies

Truth

Anyone here thought of doing an ayahuasca ceremony

Invite expired user?

My point is in the future, someone could fuck with your brain and trap you in a digital hell.
This

I've already does ayahuasca, would definitely recommend.

I encapsulated mine in pill form, was pretty easy to do an alkaloid extraction in my kitchen with some chemicals from Lowe's. This was back before Bouncing Bear botanicals got JUST'd by the DEA so I don't know how easy it is to get the Mimosa or Caapi anymore.

I'm already trapped in a digital hell called Veeky Forums

Cool man, mind breifly describing your experience?
I was thinking of just going to a retreat in Peru

You guys should stop watching black mirror.
>muh consciousness trapped in a digital hell
>ai creating blockchain
It makes me cringe just reading you.