Am I the only one that likes to eat his pancakes with cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice?

Am I the only one that likes to eat his pancakes with cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice?

Only when I run out of maple syrup though.

No. Sugar & lemon juice are an absolute classic. Why would you think you're some sort of unique snowflake?

I've never heard of someone else do it.

Aren't those crepes? Aren't pancakes supposed to be thicker?

as I understand it pancakes is just english for crêpes

they're the same to me

The entire UK do it. What country are you from?

In the words of rodge oleprosy

"Pancakes should be eaten with sugar and lemon. Everything else is gay and against Ireland"

Quebec

Quebec isn't a country.

The country it's a part of happens to have very close ties to the UK though, and I'd be surprised if the habit of putting lemon juice & sugar on pancakes hadn't traveled to Canada, too.

Depends where you're from.

In the UK, what Americans think of pancakes we call 'Scotch Pancakes', we we call pancakes in America and France you call crêpes. I'm guessing in France crêpes it just a generic word for pancake too.

In the UK on Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day we make crêpes. Eat with sugar and lemon.

However American style scotch pancakes have become popular here with maple syrup but its less ubiquitous as we normally have fried breakfasts anyway.

to be fair you are just ignoring the cinnamon part

I only eat those with a savoury filling (as ground meat or minced chicken), tomato sauce and cheese.

The cinnamon won't be particularly noticeable in the face of lemon juice, to be honest.

that makes it a pizza, no?

it actually is

mix 50/50 cinnamon and sugar, powder your crepe with it and then drop some lemon juice

i make a honey, lemon and cinnamon hot drink whenever i'm sick, it's a nice combo

no, it makes it a burrito

Going on a tangent here

but

CHOCOLATE CREPES

I don't even mean the fancy french ones but the ones you get from the supermarket in plastic packaging.

Yuck

Neither... all three doughs (crepe/pancake, pizza/bread and flour tortilla) are different. The ones I eat have the same dough as crepe/pancake, but they're savoury. Pic related.

oh, you mean a calzone!

Now you're trying too hard.

those ain't no pancakes, those are panqueques.

Add some peanut butter next time too, legit good

condensed milk!

>not eating your pancakes with strawberry jam and whipped cream
i shiggydidiggydi

Crêpes are even thinner, these are pannekoeken
Dutch pancakes, you eat them as dinner

>Europoors so broke that they have to eat flour for dinner

I use apple sauce.

>not using a tortilla
stop appropriating my culture

God you Americans are a cancer.

Pancake is a generic term. (Like cake. There are many kinds of cakes.)

Those do happen to be crepes. But they are also pancakes.

But lemon juice and sugar is how you eat pancakes.

>crêpes it just a generic word for pancake too.
no. crêpes are always thin. an american pancake is a pancake (but nobody eats pancake so it's pretty irelevant)

is that some sort of mexi co' za'?

Those are crepes.

Raspberry jam and good malt vinegar. No other jam or vinegar works. Spread surface of pan/crepe/cake with thin layer of jam, few drips of vinegar over. Sweet and sour. Sounds like arse but it are awesome.

thats way too much jam