Its a budget thread now. Post all ways that you feed yourself with empty pockets. Pic related...

Its a budget thread now. Post all ways that you feed yourself with empty pockets. Pic related. Throw a few chunks of leftiver meat in with a bowl of this and leftovers last damn near twice as long

That's...not budget friendly. Buying a bulk bag of rice and cooking up a pot of it is far more cost effective than paying for the convenience of single serve rice containers.

They're like $4.50, pretty unacceptable.

Too obsessed with the order of the exact same quantity of rice each time for that.

This! If you make too much, throw it in the fridge and make fried rice the next day.

Fried rice is just heating oil, putting rice in it, putting cut veggies in there and maybe some meat, and then scrambling an egg or two and cooking it with the food until ready.

Buying raw food rather than packaged stuff is ultimately cheaper, but it just takes some practice to learn what to combine and how.

dumbass, fuckface, idiot, moron, use a god damn measuring cup? theyre like 1 dollar at dollar general. you always will get the same ammount of rice.

>claims to be poor
>buys expensive individual precooked rice packs

I guess poor people really do cause all their own problems.

I love the clearence rack. Although not today. Slim pickins. Could risk my free living lifestyle with some discounted condoms a guess.

> packaged single portion rice
No wonder you are poor

Is that Albertson's/Acme/Jewel-Osco?

>bulk rice
>dry beans
>eggs
>potatoes
>kale

I'm not 100% sure but this covers most of the nutrients the body needs and would probably cost like $10 a week.

Oatmeal saved me when I was poor. Stuck to you all day.

Well, let's see.
4lb bag of dry mixed pinto/kidney beans costs $2.79 at Save-A-Lot.
Provides 64 servings of beans.
Under 5¢ per serving.

20lb bags of rice cost $6.99 just about everyfuckingwhere.
Cooks up into 100 servings.
Under 7¢ per serving of rice.

Eggs are $1/dz.
Provides 12 servings.
Under 9¢ per serving.

Shitty potatoes are 5lbs for a dollar.
Good ones are $3 for a 5lb bag.
Provides about 9 servings.
That's under 12¢ per serving for shitty potatoes and under 34¢ for good ones.

Kale is $1/lb.
1lb provides about 6 servings.
Under 17¢ per serving.

Need to eat three meals per day.
Say each meal is made up of one serving of each of those components, then that would be $10.50 per week. Pretty close.

>Eggs are $1/dz

Where

1.29 for 18 here in Oregon

I love the discount section, I get so much posh cheese for so little and freeze it. I got a giant brick of Stilton for a little over a quid. I had to cut it in half just to fit it in the freezer. It was so beautifully creamy.

It was a shaws in south portland maine. I do a run through 1 or 2 of them on my home a couple times a week. That was until recently as my chest freezer is now full of discount chicken and other stuff people don't end up buying at grocery stores.

I hope your discount section has a fridge or something,.

america

you should never reheat rice. People have died from it.

We almost never ate fresh rice when I was growing up and I'm still alive.

is this bait?

Google "Bacillus cereus" and come back once you've schooled yourself

Where are you from? Or how sheltered are you? Legitimate questions, I'm curious.

Yes porridge is a miracle food for the poor, if you are extra poor it can be made with water instead of milk and in a microwave if fuel is expensive in your country (it is here). I have done it with both of those when forced. It's not very nutritious by itself but as long as you have fruit and veg with your other two meals it is a cheap and filling way to have one of your daily three meals.

There are three discount shelves in my local supermarket and one is a fridge one yes.

California 2.50-5 per dozen

That's only if you leave it sitting out for a while without refrigeration. If you keep it cold until you reheat it, you should be fine.

>it can be made with water instead of milk

Who the hell makes oatmeal with milk.

rice is cheaper than bottled water by weight. Why would you take the chance with your life?

It's not just rice, it's pretty much all leftovers.

I add a dash milk for my winter oatmeal.

lrn2shop

no. read up. rice is a particular problem.

I buy all my fresh fruits and vegetables on Saturday evening when most of it is 50% off or more. Of course this only applies if you live in a country where stores are closed on Sunday. I buy 20 bananas and freeze half of them.

When I buy them 50% off, the price per calorie for fresh bananas is actually lower than potatoes, that's nuts. At least 3 of them a day

just throw it away when it starts smelling bad. Rice usually lasts me like 3 to 4 days before going bad.

Quit being a clown and troll. No food is unsafe to eat if it is handled and refrigerated correctly. Conversely, all food will eventually be unsafe to eat if it is not refrigerated correctly. And rice is particularly easy to refrigerate correctly because you can just run cold water over it if you're so scared.

No it isn't. It's just one of the most common foods to leave on the counter for days.

You cannot smell bacillus cereus but that's besides the point anyway because rice will always keep for 5 days in an proper cold fridge.

I would make the Israeli cake with sunny d

I keep a big bag of No Name perogies and a loaf of frozen bread in the freezer. A can of beans and a box of pasta. Usually have pasta with butter/garlic oil. Beans and toast. Perogies with whatever sauce I have or can make. I used to steal food for my girl friend and I when we were really poor, but I got caught once and almost went to jail. Cheese is expensive in Canada, and I didnt know it at the time, but it is the most commonly stolen product in a grocery store. I used to put a big box of chicken burgers underneath the cart in the carridge and wheel through, paying for a few small products in the cart. Wheel the fuck out of the grocery store and make chicken burgers when I get home with stolen cheese, lots of onions and lots of mayo.

MFW I bought the buns but stole the burgers

>he thinks there's cake in there!!!
lol
It's literally just crumbs. You know: like breadcrumbs? There's no cake.

How often are you tired? Your diet sounds like it consists of nothing but empty calories

I am often quite tired, but I drink and smoke a lot so it could be that. Never really thought about my diet really.

>my girl friend
>and I

It's "me" or "myself".

Have you never had a girlfriend before?

Not him, but my god, you're both halves of a whole idiot, ain'tcha fella?

yes

I'm neither one of those other two faggots, but I'm going to give you a grammar lesson.
When you write something that includes yourself and another person you want to make the wording so as if you take their title out the sentence will still make sense.
Examples are
>My girlfriend and I went to the movies
>I went to the movies
>I stole food for my girlfriend and myself
>I stole food for myself
"I stole food for I" doesn't sound proper to them there grammar Nazi faggots.

i like you

My dumb ass dad thinks it's cheaper to buy the processed stuff because you use more electricity cooking raw stuff.

I survive on cereal and dry pouches of mashed potatoes. And condensed soup. I don't know how I'm alive desu.

Milk before water in errything. Instant pancakes, oatmeal, hot cocoa. Makes everything more awesome.

Legumes, rice, seasonal veggies, offal

Someone's a scared little bitch about life.

Or 5 dozen at WinCo for like $4. I love it here.

I get annoyed by people who complain about having to eat "cheap" or "budget friendly" when they're buying shit like this and fast food.

I paid 70 cents for a dozen at the supermarket

Who in the fuck eats porridge made with water? That's extreme poverty tier.

Big bag of rice
Big bag of lentils
Big budget tubs of salsa

everything the body needs

To most North Americans, oatmeal is something that comes in a little paper sachet in convenient single-serving sizes already mixed with sugar/corn-syrup solids, flavourants and powdered milk, so all you have to add is water then shove it into the nukebox.

While unflavoured oats are sold, too, most people only buy them to make oatmeal cookies or to mix with glitter and throw on their lawns around Christmas as "reindeer feed" for Rudolf and the rest of Santa's team.

>science literally says rice can be dangerous if stored incorrectly
>""hurrr never did me no harm durrrrr"

top being angry

Who's this science and why do you disrespect her by not capitalizing her names.

I've eaten reheated rice left out for 2 days more times than I can count. Still alive.

>"hurrr didn't do me no harm me gran smoked 40 a day she's 103 absolute proof smoking causes 0 damage to anyone"

kys retard

He's right though
Poor people lose a lot of money on sickness and on stupid financial decisions because they think short term and try to 'save' by acting stuipd

>eating reheated leftover rice that sat out is the same as smoking two packs a day

Yes, follow the other user's advice and kys retard.

Gasp.....im soo doing that this christmas. I never heard of that.

Not American myself but it's something some American friends of mine do/have done.
Several of them come from families where, as kids, they were given baggies of reindeer chow on Christmas Eve to toss onto the lawn. As adults, they continue this tradition with their own kids. If you're American and have never heard of it, I would guess that it might be regional. I live in the northeastern US.

Oh, and the glitter is edible, so leftover reindeer feed that's not sprinkled on the lawn is used to make, you guessed it, oatmeal cookies.

Incorrect. Eating reheated rice that sat out is far more dangerous than smoking 2 packs a day. The first cigarette you smoke will not kill you within 48 hours. The first mouthful of rice you eat might.

Sorry to have to school you like this, but bacillus cereus is no joking matter.

People who have lived comfortable safe lives think that deliberately acting like a retard and assuming small but non-trivial risks for no actual benefit in return makes them "strong self reliant pioneers"

This usually works out fine and this is proof that they were right and everyone else was wrong. Except when something goes wrong, then they sue because there oughtta be a law, why didn't anyone warn me.

Frozen chicken livers

Really? It's just a dumb little thing to get your small children to do.

They usually enjoy it, and it's even cheaper than leaving out some cookies for Santa.

I live in the southeast and it was a thing, though I never did it.

>throw it in the fridge and make fried rice the next day.
Or, you know, throw it in the microwave.

Where I'm from stores work all week.

OATS
SPLASH OF WATER
MICROWAVE, NICE AND HOT
HONEY
LOVELY
DASH OF CINNAMON
SLICED BANANA
PERFECT BOWL OF PORRIDGE

user, I've been eating various sorts of porridge for breakfast for most of my life and I can tell you this: the only kind of porridge that doesn't taste genuinely sad when made on water is buckwheat.

This is almost as retarded as Jack Scalfani's mistaken notion that milk has to be disposed of when it reaches room temperature.

I'll bet he doesn't even look at his power bill.
Where I live electricity is the most expensive in the US, and it's still only 35 cents/kWh. Unless you're oven-roasting a turkey for every meal you're generally not gonna use more than 50 cents of electricity.

I was just gonna mix regular glitter, edible glitter sounds much more wonderful and safe for little kids and small animals.....and to make cookies with the left overs! yaaaassss!

Thank you for telling me this, I have a little bit of christmas spirit in me now.

that's a steal for those magnum johnnies
>what's the matter kiddo, ain't got a magnum^tm sized dong?

Does anyone know what the ingredients are for the Campbells Imperial Stormtrooper Soup?

Portland is ok in my books. Went there with the gf for spring break to eat lobster and shit.