I'm in the market for a blender that can do green smoothies and basically I'm looking for the most powerful one up to a...

I'm in the market for a blender that can do green smoothies and basically I'm looking for the most powerful one up to a 450$ price range. What should I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifeisnoyoke.com/ninja-vs-vitamix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You'd be a retard to pay that much. A nutribullet or Ninja bullet blender are 120, tops. They do the trick perfectly.

The price you're looking at is that of a high quality juicer. Juicing =/= smoothies.

Get an Oster and a 60lb tub of agar agar.

My roommate had the same blender as original picture and it made smoothies pretty well but it wasn't powerful enough to completely blend everything. Sometimes bits of wheatgrass would be left in the smoothie unblended. You're saying those products can blend everything perfectly?

costco sells jamba juice blenders for ~400. And they ACTUALLY do the job for anything with more volume than a can of soup like most tiny ass blenders. i'm Veeky Forums and 2k of my 4k daily calories come out of this jamba blender and it's fuckin dope, even has a heating element for making soup like a lazy fuck.

Get a vitamix, /thread

get whatever vitamix you can get for your money.

vitamix blenders are indisputably *the* blenders for making green smoothies as they can get the particle size smaller than anything else. You get a smoother end product. You can feed in whole aloe leaves and shit.

nutribullet etc absolutely cannot blend fibrous products smoothly. you have to spend 400+ and get a vitamix.

my girlfriend uses a nutribullet and it does get things pretty smooth but the end product is not enjoyable to drink to me. vitamix smoothies come out like a commercial smoothie.

can somebody explain this joke to me

I appreciate the response. So can you tell me what this guy is talking about then?

are you trying to get the best or get the job done?

nutribullet will get the job done for 100.

the quality of a vitamix smoothie for 400 is not the same thing. you can vitamix and then strain out any remaining pulp and what you're left with is actually a beautiful homogenous product. you will never get past having some small particles, even of stuff like spinach, with a nutribullet.

lifeisnoyoke.com/ninja-vs-vitamix/

this is probably a perfect comparison, showing how the vitamix categorically outclasses the cheaper products.

one is a piece of professional equipment one is a kitchen gadget, it just depends what you really want to spend

I was under the impression that the pulp of a green smoothie was the most nutritious part.

I disagree, Blendtec is superior to vitamix for several reasons:

-the control panel is easier to clean (more sanitary)
-Vitamix's jars/blades explode. No, really. Look it up. There have been several recalls for this. Blendtec actually makes a version of their jar that fits Vitamix to correct this very problem (that's what we use at work since all the vitamix jars crapped themselves)
-Vitamix has a limited choice of jars. With Blendtec you can get various sizes, including very handy smaller ones that are optimized for making thick pastes, etc.

>>You can feed in whole aloe leaves and shit.
Any commercial blender will do that. Vitamix, Blendtec, Robot-coupe, or any of the commerical lines from Oster, Waring etc (though those same brands also make cheap ass walmart tier blenders).

IMHO the best thing going is the factory refurbished Blendtec, which comes with a full warranty.

the pulp is fiber and has zero nutrition. you can't digest it.

but as you see in the image above dietary fiber is granularized into a vitamix smoothie while it remains in nasty clumps in a nutribullet, ninja etc smoothie.

This is the only acceptable blender user, and right around your price range too. Absolutely worth it, you could blend other blenders in these bad boys. The ninja is fucking garbage compared this this blending god. I literally use my every day, sometimes more than once because it makes blending so easy and convenient.

it should be said not to confuse op that "get a blendtec" and "get a vitamix" is basically the same thing

the argument is between those high-end devices and low end devices like ninja nutri etc.

i would recommend blendtec at the same level probably i just have experience using vitamixes in a commercial kitchen. never had one explode. lol. stuff like that isn't going to happen to you in general. come on man

See

>"get a blendtec" and "get a vitamix" is basically the same thing

Oh, I agree that either one will stomp the shit out of 99% of blenders out there.

But if OP has the choice between those two, I think the decision is easy in favor of Blendtec.

I've used both at work. They're equally powerful and do the same job with the actual blending. But I find that Blendtec has numerous advantages which I listed above, so that's what I'd suggest.

Thanks for all the information. I'm leaning towards a blendtec.

>drinking green smoothies

I hate calling anything food-related a meme but seriously, is this a meme? Does it actually make you feel good?

That was literally all biased as shit. I've never used a blendtec so I won't dog it, it looks like it would be a great blender.

However, what you failed to mention is that there was 1 series of vitamix recalled, in which they're replacing them. My vitamix(pro series 500) has never "exploded" or had any at all with daily use for over a year.

>vitamix has a limited choice of jars
Also wrong, there's multiple different series and you can get attachments to fit bigger/smaller sized jars. The jar that came with mine can fit 2 liters of blended material, which is more than enough for the average blend-fag.

>Control panel is easier to clean
To clean vitamix step 1- 1 drop dish washing liquid with water Step 2-Blend water. Step 3-Pour out water.

While they are certainly good for you, green smoothies are indeed a meme.

Buy a refurbished vitamix, long warranty and is just as good as a brand new one.

>>containers
I stand corrected. Sounds like they finally got around to making some new sizes. That's a very new thing; when we bought jars about three months ago all they had was the 32 oz and 64 oz. The grains container didn't exist at the time.

>>to clean vitamix
What part of CONTROL PANEL didn't you see? I wasn't talking about the jar. I was talking about the front of the blender base itself.

If you spill food on the vitamix it's a bitch to clean because it can get behind the speed knob, or in the little gaps in the on-off switch.

Blendtec has a gap-free touchpad. There's no knob for food to get behind, or switch that the food can leak into.

The latter can be a real issue. We have vitamix at work, and they've had to go back for warranty more than once because liquid gets into that switch and shorts it out. Now, a careful home user might not run into that issue as often as a busy restaurant kitchen does, but given that the performance of the two brands is the same while Blendtec has various advantages I think the choice is pretty clear. If someone already has a vitamix or got a really good deal on one? Keep it! There's no point in replacing it if it isn't broken. It's a damn good blender.

Since you work in the food industry professionally I assume you're familiar with different models. If you were to recommend a vitamix and a blendtec for daily green smoothie use, which mode would you recommend from both brands?

>Actually missed the part about the CONTROL PANEL.
But, on my 500(I just went upstairs to look) there is no gap between the speed knob, so liquid won't be getting in it, or either one of the other 2 control switches, so idk if that's a problem their older models had but mine sure doesn't. Also as you mentioned that's not a problem a home-user will likely encounter.

To me, it sounds like the Vitamix and the Blendtec are neck and neck, I absolutely love my vitamix and when I bought it I hadn't heard of the Blendtec brand so my choice was easy, but literally everything about them is comparable so I don't think you can go wrong either way, especially with a warranty on them.

nothing better than a vitamix with a blendtec wildsides jar.

i think you might be looking for pic related

a gigantic study was just released from tens of thousands of adults in the UK

they found that after about 18 months of eating 8 servings of fruits/vegetables a day, people exhibited huge changes in happiness and anxiety, they compared the difference to the difference in happiness of someone before and after losing their job (in reverse)

it's an extremely important study and is barely being talked about. it appears we are programmed to specifically want to eat the combinations of nutrients found in fruits and vegetables

i have a bachelors in nutrition and i would've thought the body was totally agnostic to the source and combination of nutrients as long as they were basically "correct"...it seems this may not be so.