Anyone else thought this was our only chance?

Anyone else thought this was our only chance?

We didnt make it.. only the autists pre-2017 did but no one will really care about them.

Shorters / wall street and governments ruïned the only get rich scheme in our lifetime.

Feels bad man.

Feels terrible.

fuck yourself latefag
i'm in since autumn '16
i'm all in until 2020 you should be too.
don't be a pussy

Boo hoo you'll only make x3 instead of x300

Still outpreforming literally every other asset class

> Price of Bitcoin and all alt coins spikes right before January first.
> January / February we see a 80% drop in value.

Owe more in taxes than you have. Government wins this round guys. Its pretty much over at this point. Suicide not off the table.

there are still coins out there that can make you filthy rich.. REN, WAN, JNT or EXRN for example

Yeah, sorry.
If you're lucky, you might be able to get another bulltrap and the chance to short it to the ground.
Hodling doesn't work anymore and most shitcoins will die.

I hope this rope will hold my weight.

Imagine buying cheap bitcoin in 2016...

Fwiw, I have been in since 2013 and still didn't make it. You would have had to still make 1000 correct decisions along the way, and most people didn't. You would have bet on the wrong horse, or sold too early, or too late, or not bought much in the first place, etc.

start shorting faggot

You just needed to buy a decent amount of the most popular coin and do nothing at all.

>in since '13
>I missed 100's of x100's last year
>You would have had to still make 1000 correct decisions along the way, and most people didn't
>most people didn't
>100's of shitcoins blew up
whew.
and I thought I was shit

Same I had 800k and didn’t cash out. Now I’m just above 200k and I can feel it in my bones that I’m heading to sub 100k! Can’t believe how much of a greedy cunt I was. Even when it dipped to 500 then rose to 750 I still didn’t t consider cashing out any. I’m a lost cause

So close.. so close
I really thought I was gonna make it. 5x would have set me for life on my expenses. Oh well

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU MAKING MONEY SINCE JANUARY

Dude people have been making it one nasdaq for decades and the s&p for centuries. Yes people that kept their bitcoin from 2009 with the strong hands made it but that has nothing to do with you. Just do your best you’re doing fine. We are creating a better way to do business. That alone should make you happy.

People like to gamble on their losses but take a sure gain.

Been trading my ass off and getting very lucky. I don't think even that can save us now.

would you mind sharing more details?

Fuck. I went from 110k to 25k.

Let me guess. Been in crypto less than two months? Give up now and FOMO later

You are correct. Sick of newfags not understanding this.

Doing nothing is a decision, and a pretty hard one

Pure gambling. All in (or as much as possible) on shitcoins at just the right time then selling the bounce. Wash rinse repeat. Not even kidding. If I had just started 365 days sooner..

Can't you just deduct your losses? Why do you owe so much in taxes?

I bought btc during the dip and sold when it was 11k

wow if you'd just bought bitcoin you'd be set you unbelievable cuck... stop fudding because you're a failure

Another way to look at it is this - if you had bought bitcoin and held, would you be better off than doing your 1000 decision daytrading bs.

In the same way that most people would be better off putting their money in an index fund than trying to daytrade stocks.

don't worry fellow user

i made money off the internet poker boom
i made money off the crypto boom

im 30 and in my adult life i've seen two goldrushes where anyone with a brain could make huge sums of money

i'm sure i'll see a few more in my lifetime. wish i knew what they were so i could get in early, but alas...

Holding without taking profit for 5 years is not as simple as you make it sound

People here will be right back to moon and lambos the second things turn around, which they always do

>HURR DURR I'M GIVING YOU ADVICE
>BUY MY BAGS

I really do think it's over this time. It just feels different. The fud, the regulations, futures. I think we've gone way past the point of diminishing returns. How high can bitcoin market cap even go? And where bitcoin goes, alts follow especially regarding price stagnation. We had our day. It might be time to cash out and move on boys.

whatever my man.
It really wasn't hard to buy any number of alt's sub 20 sats last spring. XRP, ,XRY, DGB, XVG Bitbean even fucking RDD was shilled sub 20sats
only the truly lazy didn't park *some* of there stack. $100 worth was enough.

enjoy them later fucko

They snapshot what you had on January first and consider that your earnings for the year. They don't give a fuck if it dumps to zero 5 seconds after that.

I do the opposite, was buying all the shitcoins while I was up. Now I’m terrified to cash out as it means lowering my stacks

>All over in less than 4 months of somewhat mainstream exposure

>you only need to double $500 once a month for 11 months to become a millionaire

>double 500 every month for a year.
Yeah, tell me how that goes after July or so.

>decision 1: buy 2 btc at $500 (2013-2014)
>decision 2: buy 1000 eth at 0.002 btc per eth (2016)
>decision 3: buy 100 btc at 0.1 btc per eth (may 2017)
>decision 4: sell btc at $10k = $1MM
$1,000 to $1,000,000, one move per year, none of them anywhere close to the top or the bottom
you fucked up. majorly

You're the perfect kind of short sighted impatient retard that makes the bulk of gains for everyone else, most of current Veeky Forums is like that

Go ahead and sell all your shit at a loss so you can keep piling up more regrets in your life when 2018 ends

average Veeky Forums poster

i know the feeling user

had similar luck, fucked around on bitmex without really having a clue and turned 1 BTC into about 8 BTC by dumb luck, just opened positions semi-randomly and it went in my favor.

Also bought random shit coins at random times and just so happened to be right near the bottom

Some of us get lucky once in awhile I suppose, but I have no doubt the luck won't last forever and I'll get fucked if I keep gambling this way.

>you only need to find 11 2x's.

Fucking kys and I mean it

w-what happens in july?

the market often runs out of steam and gets pooped upon

user I got in may 2017 and bought a bunch of shitcoins right at the fucking top
it took me 6 months to see some gains. SIX MONTHS faggot you hear me? and my portflio was actually going negative for a while
what Im saying is stop being a little bitch and have some patience

If it's so easy, you should have the trade history to prove it. I'm not saying flipping $500 the first few times isn't easy cuz it is. I've done it pic related. But, let me see you make it all the way then successfully get out of the last 2 or 3 2x's on the way to $1000000. That's the hard part.

Always lock in the price of bitcoin on your ledger after the IRS snapshot, else you are fucked

Oh damn. At least you can deduct it from next year's taxes. Do you have any way to defer your taxes until then, so you don't get completely JUST'd?

buying crypto was such a pain in the ass that it turned me off, I actually tried to do it in 2016 but the sheer amount of hoops you had to jump through turned me off, it's very depressing

>crypto market will just keep going up and up forever
Nice meme brainlet san

By then the damage is done. Reduced to a no coiner. deferring would be awesome though. Put it off a year.

This dude is right. All these faggots are Monday morning quarterbacking.

are you really this stupid or just pretending?

its clearly going down now moron, its called cycles

If you seriously need me to spell it out for you a second time you are a lost cause

Your mother should have swallowed

what the fuck are you talking about? only trades are taxable events, new year is not a taxable event

Guys, what you dont realise is that a big crash is good for us
The bigger the better, we need to stay out of the media for a big time so we can accumulate good projects. Normie money is just like a pump and dump.

All are shitcoins.

You owe what your stack was worth January first.

You're a fucking moron if you truly believe that is how taxing crypto works.

Do yourself a favor and google 'credit karma how is bitcoin taxed'

>the absolute state of burgers

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck you. You're making money and still complaining.

You still started with .5 btc, I don't even have .1 btc

If you paid 1k 4 years ago and the stack jumped to 100k in december. You basically owe 40-50k

I'm just meming. Crypto isn't going away and you guys are gonna make it.

at most you would owe 20k.

bullshit.