Does Veeky Forums echo this sentiment?

Does Veeky Forums echo this sentiment?

Even though the photograph itself is likely shopped on, I get the feeling that the woman in question is adding sugar to tinned spaghetti, which is already filled with sickening amounts of the stuff.

Adding sugar to tomato sauce, if you have bland tomatoes, is fine.

only if you fuck up the acid in the sauce and have to balance it out

if you just add it right away then you're white/black trash

No, I have never put sugar in my spaghetti.

Jesus, not like that.

I've used a pinch in a full pot to take a slight edge off the tomato acidity.

Unnecessary, tomatoes have fructose.

It doesn't matter if /ck echos this statement or not. /ck doesn't have a fucking clue how to make spaghetti sauce.

Classico is one of the most acidic spaghetti sauces on the market and even it lists sugar in its list of ingredients.

All cooks, who actually know what they are doing, will put sugar in their spaghetti sauce - and more than just a pinch.

>Unnecessary, tomatoes have fructose.

>lemonade need sugar?
>Unnecessary, lemons have fructose.

retardation, the post.

You can't get sweet tomatoes everywhere.

There's a middle ground between a pinch and six cups. Also where are the pseudo-inellectual fucktards that think they can magically cook Italian food better because they're Italian? I don't see them yet.

This is unrelated but don't you pair fat and acid together? Or do you fix fatty foods with acid, and acidic foods with sugar? I assume you fix sugary foods with a little salt, but then I don't know where to go from there.

>this thread

>not putting your spaghetti in one bowl and the sauce in the other to let everybody have their own perfect personal sauce/spaghetti ratios and being able to save the leftovers

If you don't agree with this get out of my spaghetti house

Yeah, this has to be in my top 20

It's a jarred sauce, which has to keep a shelf life. Sugar is a preservative. Your argument is fucking idiotic.

That seems like a lot, but most of the jarred pasta sauce I buy is so acidic so I usually add some sugar (or ketchup.)

>All cooks, who actually know what they are doing, will put sugar in their spaghetti sauce - and more than just a pinch.
i prefer using caramelized onion, carrot, balsamic vinegar, etc. instead of just adding straight sugar. adding sugar seems like a cheap shortcut.

I lol'd

I make tomato sauce in 15 gallon batches, and it only requires 64 grams (~1/3 Cup) of sugar to sufficiently cut the acidity.

For anyone who's interested, honey works out much better than granulated sugar in my experience

Well joke's on you, I only eat by myself.

>my spaghetti house
Underrated kek.

I always add a pinch of sugar to spaghetti. But I boil it with salt like everyone else. Not sure how that affects it.

Sugar does go in spaghetti. About a tsp to feed four people.

>Sugar is a preservative.
only of the sugar level is over 40-50% like in jam or preserves...

>All cooks, who actually know what they are doing, will put sugar in their spaghetti sauce
t. diabetic murican

You seriously need no more than a teaspoonful, though.

>It's a jarred sauce
It's seen some shit?

I have been known to put salt on plain boiled noodles and eat it

SYRUP

No, it's just not a door.

>be american
>not content with normal diabetes
>try to evolve super diabetes

We just made spaghetti and my gf put some super in the sauce, she said it is good for reducing heartburn that we sometimes get from the tomatoes. I don't know if it's true, but it sure tasted good and no heartburn

that's the american way. we don't do things half-assed.

See, what's happening here is a culling of the population. Those who can't handle the sugar die.
Those who can, breed healthy offspring.

Americans are paving the way to genetic superhumans who laugh in the face of high blood sugar. By 2030, urination fetishism will become mainstream, as the majority of American women coming into age will have sweet tasting urine.

This American specialty product will then find its way into European and British stores, seldom in stock at the end of the week.

> Underrated post

>sugar is the preservative in sauces

Because the canning process has nothing to do with preservation. Sugar has nothing to do with preservation in this context.

Lel, nice example