Is sushi a meme?

Is sushi a meme?

your shitpost is a meme

Fuck off with calling foods "memes"

Everything is a meme.

yes, absolutely
>deze japan niggas stole burritos

Do westerners not understand it's just shitty fast food?

ya

Yeah, well, any culinary is a meme

You're thinking of ramen

Everything is a meme. Nothing is not a meme. Realize this and be free.

>tfw people in your country are retarded and consider sushi and indian food classy and distinguished to the point where it costs 3 times as much as chinese/vietnamese food.

That's probably the only word that makes me hate a person instantly.

There used to be a place here with cheap sushi and really good tofu soup. I'd order the sushi unsliced because I've always been a special snowflake. I think that whole strip mall was eventually demolished. My fourth grade teacher got a super-thin-and-crispy pizza from there every day for lunch. He mixed half a can of cola with half a can of diet cola and gave the half cans to students as prizes. That was after already having kidney stones.

Pretty much.

Eastern europe?

I guess? Anything culturally relevant could probably be considered a meme, but I can't say for sure because I'm no memelord.

Sushi tastes good, though, so it's cool with me.

"Meme" is a relative term, enjoy whatever the fuck you want.

food is a meme
a forced meme

I don't like sushi, or seafood in general. There's something about seafood I find repulsive. Maybe I'm sensitive to certain compounds in fish? I dunno.

Anyway, I fucking love wasabi and pickled ginger. If there's any other foods with these two ingredients, please let me know.

shibbolethed a few memefooders

coat a bullet in them then shoot yourself

sushi = vinegared rice

Make some sushi without stuff you don't like.

is salt a meme?

Biggest meme of all time

It's probably because in both the East and West fish prices are going up and being expensive makes it "fancy". Other than originally being cheap food, I will say that it is possible to make sushi gourmet. There are definately places here in Japan that can make it taste noticebly better than others. A lot of poor people food becomes gourmet and fancy over time as people realise that it tastes good. Take boulliabase for example.

This question should be a bannable offense.

Reported

Because China has too many food scandals. Deal with it.

Also, Vietnamese food is pleb tier. It is a cuisine meant for people to survive during wartime conditions such as the Vietnam War.

Are memes still memes?

When I was younger, I used to think of sushi as health food...just because it's so far removed from American "BBQ-Fart-Triple-Steak-Bacon-Slop Burgers"...and yeah, it is, compared to that salt-slop-shit combination...kind of...

But really most common sushi is white rice wrapped in salted seaweed, with a smidge of something healthy inside. Dipped in soy sauce (or other bullshit sauces, just like we do over here) and consumed just like burgers and fries. Sure, it tastes great--just like french fries.

But to Westerners, (popularized) Japanese food looks so clean and lean...so we scarf it down, not realizing that it's basically the same difference. Jasmine rice/Russet Potato...high salt, minimal nutrition...sushi just looks way better visually. Even the pickled ginger has lost it's nutritional value...

Imagine a watercress, and quinoa mix, served with sliced avocado and mini-cucumber on the side. Light salt, pepper, garlic. Raw ginger slices as well. No sauces. That is health food...

it was shitty fast food in the Edo era but has clearly evolved past what it used to be

imo get the fuck over yourself

>t. triggered weeb