What is the culinary term for that stuff leftover in the pan from braising pork chops that is used to make a sauce?

What is the culinary term for that stuff leftover in the pan from braising pork chops that is used to make a sauce?

It is harvested using water.

Fond

though Ideally you'd deglaze with something tasty, like stock or wine, rather than flavorless water.

Thanks! I used water + lemon juice.

Suc

>wine
>tasty
Maybe if you're a 40 year old woman or a beta orbiter cuck. Men use beer.

gaaaaaaaay

Real men use whatever liquid is appropriate for the dish: wine, stock, beer, whiskey, vermouth, just some examples of what you can deglaze with.

Your comment is objectively retarded and makes me yearn for Nazi Germany, where retards were executed

Fond. Here's a good tip. After your pork chops are done, deglaze your pan like this:

pour in just enough worchestershire sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Stir in a heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard. Stir until thick. Now, pour about 1/4 cup of Cognac into your pan, and using a grill lighter, light that shit on fire. Flambe! Take the pan off heat at this point and let the flame burn out. Now, stir, and scrape that good stuff off the bottom. Add in enough creme to thicken your sauce, and serve over your pork chops, or maybe as a gravy in some mashed potatoes.

>muh macho attitude
>i like meme drinks
>muh beer
Is your name, by any means, Tyrone?

>heating lemon juice

>implying any self respecting German would use wine for anything
I too yearn for Nazi Germany, where untermensch like yourselves are cleansed in de-lousing chambers

please stop, i can only cringe so much

Are you fucking insane? Germans love wine.

I suppose it's a coincidence that the states full of Germans drink beer.

You have to go back, Juan.

Germans have quite a long tradition of wine, but only in those parts of Germany that were part of the Roman Empire, like Rhineland-Palate or Baden-Württemberg.

K
Look at this fag only does things if for social approval like some 15 year old girl.

> self declared.

Beer contains many materials that increase the production of estrogen in the body.

Beer as a favourable nutritional profile for females and beneficial hormones for them. Not for men, thats why beer drinkers have bitch tits

so the shit parts?
Also, surely it has more to do with the french influence than Roman influence

except thats not true at all

>US
>Germans

They may have German heritage, but they're not Germans. I should know, I come from a long line of German immigrants, and grew up in a town where everyone still spoke German up until the 80s and 90s, when the old timers started dying out. My Dad didn't learn English until he started school, and he was born and raised in the US.
That said, where I grew up, it's heavily wine-centric, people come from all over the country to vacation there and there's a whole "Wine Trail" of vineyards that get bus loads of people visiting. There's also several breweries in the area, so there's no lack of beer, but wine is big business. Very big business.
That said, my ancestors did come from Rhineland-Palatinate, so of course they made wine.

>Germany
>French influence
Retard.

>the shit parts
Oh look, someone who thinks Bavaria is the best part of Germany. How cute.

+1 advice user

this...

Fond is wrong .. Fond==Stock/broth

when you deglase the "sucs" with a liquid (water, wine, beer, alcohol) you obtain a simple "Jus"

Romain's bring wine grapes to Germany during the conquest / colonial time (and in France too) so you find wine in Germany since 2000 years and German Riesling are top tier

>Reisling
Pleb as fuck, you must be female

You must be an idiot. Any wine expert knows there's great Reislings.

>wine expert
You mean the people who can't even tell if it's red or white?

Nice appeal to authority though

It's called glaze.
Your pour wine into it to deglaze

I see the estrogens are having their intended effect on you by making you overly emotional and argumentative.

Different fag - but if you're claiming that all wine taste is totally subjective, in that case, Reisling can be great to the person drinking it.

>le self reported ethnicities

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week

nice meme pic grandpa

I once deglazed with soy sauce. Wowsers. Does that get you some salt.

use stock, reduce
add same amount heavy creme, reduce
add a shot of cognac, then maybe some green peppercorns

in china they put retard newborns under bridges with the other discarded girls

thats the dumbest thing posted today, delete your life please

GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU FILTHY CHILD.

>my taste is better than your taste
you're definately a human.

Yes, for the usage being described sucs is a more accurate term but fond describes the resulting solution, usually the beginning of a sauce

>Men use beer.

Manchildren think using beer to cook with is manly. It's just childish.

Found the transpersyn

Hops contain phytoestrogens just like marijuana. I would just avoid overly hopped beer if I was worried about that sort of thing.