What can you make in this?

What can you make in this?

Its a steamer. Typically for dumplings of any and all varieties. I suppose you could technically do vegetables in it but that's not what its meant for.

dim sum, dumplings, cook fish or seafood , steamed vegetables, etc

Why not use a metal steamer that comes with a pot set, or a varoma?

Bamboo steamers are really nice feels to use. I cook vegetables in them all the time. They're good serving dishes too. Steam your brocolli, few drops sesame oil, shake, put the steamer on a plate. Looks nice.

There's no technical advantage over a metal steamer but wooden stuff is just really nice to use.

True, it would probs be better than metal for steaming buns. Sesame oil in the water or on the broccoli?

Wash your brocolli, wet your steamer so it doesn't burn, put it in the steamer, lightly salt your brocolli, give the steamer the ol' shakeah shakeah with the lid on to disperse the salt, steam brocolli, season with a few drops of oil, give it the ol shakeah shakeah again to season evenly, then sprinkle over some toasted sesame seeds. Put the steamer on a plate and serve out of it.

That's my way anyways.

I personally find there is a technical advantage. Bamboo steamers let steam from the woven lid, and some through the sides, which means less condensation. This makes a large difference when making buns, breads, or cakes in a steamer.

You can't steam absolutely any dumpling - typical water dumplings won't work because of the combination of gluten development but no leavener. It just makes for a hard skin.

Nice man. Been looking for a better way to make broccoli. I love soy sauce on it.

babies

You can absolutely steam dumplings. The skin won't be wet, but it's definitely not hard.

this shit

Kief.

Siomay?

I wouldn't recomend steaming water dumplings as he said for the very same reason. There are different types of dumpling. The steamer basket is great for xiaolong bao though

Huh?

Sure there are 'water' dumplings that aren't meant to be steamed, but steamed dumplings are made with the same flour/skin as far as I know.

There are steamed dumplings that are made with the same flour, such as xiaolongbao, but it's different. Xiaolongbao skins are made with hot water to retard gluten development.

u could make sum dim