Why isn't Veeky Forums complaining about these? Have they not hit the Starbucks/Jack In The Box/Dunkin Donut tier yet?

Why isn't Veeky Forums complaining about these? Have they not hit the Starbucks/Jack In The Box/Dunkin Donut tier yet?

I figure by the time Keller is selling them next to his upscale $5 Oreo Cookies and $7 Ho Hos, it's a sign that they're fully Americana Tier and yet, no indignant butthurt from the flyovers of Veeky Forums

What's going on, guys? I'd be shocked if they weren't on television by now. I don't own a television so I wouldn't know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-CiS6LSNGfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like some kind of shitty bland cake. Let me guess it costs $12 and hipsters post it on their Facebook's?

It's a square croissant, it's nothing new.

youtu.be/-CiS6LSNGfI
looks like lots of effort to make em, but they're probably delicious

Every 2 years, some hipster faggot comes up with another basic bitch idea for sugared up laminated pastry. Anyone with any actual cooking knowledge doesn't give a shit.

Citation:

Hawthorne, David G. "Chapter 3: Recurring Trendy Uses." A Brief History of Laminate Pastry. 3rd ed. Vol. 1. NY: Mifflin, 2012. 58-102. Print.

Why would anyone, much less flyovers, get butthurt about some bullshit that hipsters do every 2 years? This is just fucking same old, same old.

Who cares if someone wants to sell this in their shops for 12 bucks. Let the millennials go broke with their hipster shit.

>Family has loved Kouign Amann for years.
>Haven't been able to eat one since we left France.
This is bittersweet. I love the damn things, but I don't want them to go full meme.

Why the fuck would it matter to you?

Because if I have to see it get completely ruined, it'll make me sad.
[spoiler] It's more nostalgia than anything at this point, I'm scared they won't be as good as I remember.

Kill yourself you fucking retard

>I love thing
>oh no, people want to make thing now, it's not my secret anymore
>my past enjoyment of thing is now retroactively ruined
No, kill YOURself

It won't be my past enjoyment, it's just seeing it bastardized and generally made into something it wasn't.
And it'll make it harder to find legit Kouign Amann at places that have it.

Nah, that's dumb. You're dumb

Maybe so?
But if I start seeing Nutella stuffed, bacon topped, Sriracha drizzled Kouign Amann, I'll be sad.

I guess at the very least I can just get the basic one.

You really need to reexamine the things you let emotionally impact you

Seeing as a philosopher wrote at length about how the mere smell of a Madeleine made him re-examine his childhood, I think Americans need to reconsider how disconnected they are from what they eat.

>complaining about a pastry
Why? They're absolutely delicious when done right, and completely horrid when mass produced. Just like anything else good. Just eat what you like mang.

Tfw Canelé are forever safe.
Aquitaine > Breizh.

I'll still never get over the whole cronut thing

>hipster motherfucker in New York makes a donut out of croissant dough
>"THIS IS MINE AND NOBODY CAN CALL THEIRS THIS NAME BECAUSE IT IS MY NAME AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT"

sounds pretentious, who the hell is Madeline?
philosophy? like deeepak chopra? I'm a STEM major, enjoy your unemployment

Butt blasted flyover is mad that he's never had a cronut

You can call your gross Dunkin donuts thing whatever you want but it's not the same

Croissants are shit in flyover land too, but you wouldn't know that either because you actually think that's how croissants are supposed to taste

You are trying too hard

Are you fucking retarded? It's a little cake thing