Advice on spices

What kind of spices are good on what? So far my go to spices are salt, oregano, basil, and crushed red peppers. I use them on basically everything. I'm trying to branch out a bit in the wonderful world of spices

You should try the egg method

Spice master in no time

Egg method ?

My general spice blend is equal parts onion powder, paprika and ground garlic.

what is the egg method

am I the only one that hates rosemary?

shit tastes like soap

taste the spice nigga

Thats like 99% of the job done for you

What does this go good on?

MSG is best spice.

Not him, but I'm pretty sure it's making eggs with one spice at a time, to taste and experience the spice by it self / with eggs. Get's you used to each spice and get a good understanding of their flavor.

Saw someone talking about it in an egg thread a few days ago.

In college I used Oregano on most things, was the first spice to go empty on my spice rack, so I replaced the container with cinnamon sugar. The container still said Oregano on it though.

Came home from class one day, and my room mate had made RAMEN, and added a bunch of cinnamon sugar to it, thinking it was Oregano.

the end.

what a dumb fucking foodmeme

Veeky Forums is a dumb board isn't it

Chicken, beef, pork.

Not spices, but if you're making 'asian' food, soy sauce and brown sugar will cover 1/2 of all recipes.

only time i like rosemary is with those little red potatoes. Roast them in the oven with some rosemary...very nice

And the other half it's either fish sauce or oyster sauce.

Just put cayenne pepper in everything that'll work.

experiment my friend. just remember with some spices less is more.

black pepper in tomato soup with a bit of milk or cream. for other soups like vegetable or chicken etc, if it's available where you like try adding some vegeta (not dragonball it's a real thing), it's also good in mashed potatoes.
pretty much everything i cook, I try to add a tiny bit of curry powder (you only need a little bit because the smell gets in your food) and i really like ground cumin with beef.
if you can, try not to use onion and/or garlic powder...it's convenient, but it's so much better if you use the fresh stuff.

Asians use turmeric, ginger, coriander powder, basil and lemongrass too if they are more southern. They use a good amount of aonori, sesame, and bay leaf, peppercorn and chili powder for northern asians countries too.

same poster here, I forgot to say that coconut milk, fried crisp onions, star anise, and 5 spice is used frequently too.

Tomato soup with heavy whipping cream is fucking GOAT and divine

are u chef john from foodwishes by allrecipes tm

thyme on everything
fish sauce on everything
some dried rocoto for a nice kick
idk what else
tons of garlic
also cilantro and parsley

>salt
mineral
>oregano
herb
>basil
herb
>crushed red peppers
vegetable

You're dumb. None of those are spices.

>vegetable
It is a dried and crushed fruit.

the egg thing is a joke

the original idea is to make a fried egg and then spice every quarter of it differently, to find out how spices taste

you can also do that by just tasting the spices themselves

it's not a meme we did this for 2 weeks in culinary school. You wouldn't know because you're not a profesional chef.