So what the fuck is "American Cheese" aka "Kraft Singles" or "Processed Cheese" or "Plastic Cheese"

So what the fuck is "American Cheese" aka "Kraft Singles" or "Processed Cheese" or "Plastic Cheese"
and what the hell is it good for aside from making food crappier just to cut costs

Other urls found in this thread:

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/09/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-super-melty-cheese-slices-like-american.html
seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

American cheese is good and used all around the world. Nobody cares about your cuck country, yurocuck.

American cheese is not the same thing as those. Good shitpost, butthurt yurocuck

It's like 50% cheddar plus some other milk product shit. Also get fucked. And try google.

Fuck you americans and your disgusting processed food

Well that was something.
>not the same things
Actually the process used in all of these was invented in America in 1911, and the name was taken from the early popular blend of mozzarella+cheddar often referred to as "american cheese". The process creates a blended and more stable cheese.

Google says it IS cheese but the oils don't separate since it's been blended with stabilizers.

So it's like the Chicken Nuggets of Cheese.

Doesn't answer my question:

What the hell is this stuff good for other than cheese dips?

lol yeah, process and chemical is evil bro

>What the hell is this stuff good for other than cheese dips?
anything where nice melting is desired

No one here buys the shit because it's 8 dollars a pound vs 4-5 dollars a pound brick cheese.
You really think we want to pay more for food?

I love american cheese.

best cheese for burgers,
makes quick / easy / delicious nacho cheese sauce, (mix cheese, with milk, butter, and flour) It's great on sandwiches. great on crackers,

>What the hell is this stuff good for other than cheese dips?

Burgers.

You can also make melting squares with better cheese, people just rarely bother.

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/09/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-super-melty-cheese-slices-like-american.html

>Europoors in charge of reading

Fuck off Sven. Shouldn't you be filming your wife getting fucked by Muhammad?

See, the sad thing is that /pol/tards not only think anyone gives a shit about what they say, but also that what they say is important and relevant.

>MILK, WHEY, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MILKFAT, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SALT, SODIUM CITRATE, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SORBIC ACID AS A PRESERVATIVE, CHEESE CULTURE, ENZYMES, ANNATTO AND PAPRIKA EXTRACT (COLOR), VITAMIN D3.

Like a modified type of cheese, manufactured to be saltier and malleable.

America is a crime against cuisine.

Fuck off back to r*ddit, you sack of shit.

Koreans mix it into instant ramen right at the end to make the ramen creamy. This actually tastes decent (for a meal costing under 50ยข) and will not work correctly with real cheese because of the way the plastic cheese breaks down. It's a way to spice up poverty food from after the wars when they had rice, noodles, spam and plastic.

Oldfag actually, and was here since the Angie days. Fuck right off now, you newfag piece of crap that can't even boil water.

Just because your an oldfag, doesn't mean your not a cuck

I way prefer cuck over U mad. the other ones in between that and this current cuck trend werent so nad.I wonder what going to replace cuck now that's it's in the dieing days of its meme lifespan.

Another oldfag here, I regularly get called a "cuck" and to go back to the redit because I don't fit in with the /pol/ invasion hivemind

Maybe it's time you realized that being an internet racist hasn't been countercultural since like 2005. It's just for losers now

It means I'm not coming here from reddit, you dickless wonder. Now fuck right back over to /pol/ where your kind finds enough numbers to sadly not an hero as you should.

Yeah, it was originally a "omg I is breaking taboo" thing.

Now it's just the same sad sacks that always wind up as skinheads - uneducated whites with no education who couldn't get on the HVAC gravy train

been here since 2004 does that make me old or medium fag?

American cheese is not the same as kraft singles. You can go to the deli and get actual American cheese which is still melty, hardy, great. It doesn't come in plastic and it has no plastic in it and is one step above kraft singles or velveeta singles. The main reason is like what said. It melts without a roux and making a sauce which makes it great for anything from poverty pasta (like half this thread if you get where I'm coming from) to grilled cheese (not on a grill) to burgers and ramen and nachos. It does not go on pizza, fish, milkshakes or potato chips.

Oldfag

seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html

It is primarily used for its awesome melting factor. It isn't necessarily trash tier when used properly.

>has no plastic in it
Neither do Kraft Singles

Nice dubs. It's just baby cheddar. That's it.

What is the "American cheese" that you can get sliced at the deli? As far as I can tell it's totally different but goes by the same name.

Shitty American Cheese meme started in England.

They'd make shit tier cheese and label it as american cheese so they could charge extra for it,

Kraft singles, which are american cheese, is way better than deli american cheese.

Mexican brands of American Cheese are terrible, they don't melt right and taste really bad when melted.

You both sound so, so so much like mid-twenties 2009 era newfags trying to fit in that it physically pains me.

No one cares about your new age enlightened fresh-out-of-university opinions, fellas. This is a thread about american cheese. Get over yourselves. No one cares about how morally superior (read: opinionated and offended) you feel because someone called you a cuckold.

I'm only announcing my sage (I assume you two "Oldfags" are saging too?) because moot removed our nice blue font.

>What is the "American cheese" that you can get sliced at the deli? As far as I can tell it's totally different but goes by the same name.

It's a mozzarella blend, like a colby cheese if you melted the cheeses into a consistent blend.

"American Cheese" is not cheese. It's coagulated vegetable oil. Disgusting shit.

It's not fit for human consumption, American or otherwise.

I hate it cold and pretty much only put it in grilled cheese sandwiches or on hamburgers.

>what the hell is it good
Best cheese for burgers.

Also good for grilled cheese, nachos, jalapeno cheese fries, and chili dogs.

Actually it's upwards of 50% real cheese. If it's not called "cheese" then it's below 50% by FDA, but it still has cheese in it. The rest is basically filler to make it consistent at all temperatures and shelf stable for much longer.

Once you discover that "restaurant quality" involves frying bread in what is either vegetable oil or straight mayonnaise, not butter, then you realize that "American Cheese" is pretty damned ingenious.

In the same manner that Taco Bell doesn't use 100% beef. Oh no, filler. God forbid the meat be consistent, uniform, and well seasoned. I've actually used "Taco Bell" imitation adding fillers and such for Taco night for years now, there's a good reason they do what they do.

>Disgusting shit
Implying generic real cheeses are expensive. You could use real cheese if you really REALLY want to, but like bread fried with mayonnaise, some things are done for a reason.

>old-fags
>fresh out of university

Son, I had a mortgage before Veeky Forums left SA

>It's coagulated vegetable oil
>first ingredient is "milk ingredients" (Canada)
>no gelatin, so all dairy protein
Fuck off, retard. This stuff is cheap "cheese", just protein as a base. The reason they sell it so cheap is because a) they don't have to produce and age it and label as actual cheese, and b) stabilizers and preservatives increase shelf life compared to regular cheese.
>lb (24 slices)/$3
>5g diary protein/slice
>40g/$dollar
Literally no "real" cheese can compete.

>"Taco Bell" imitation ground beef

Dude ground beef with fillers is fucking amazing. I've been mixing mine with flour, and splitting the actual Meat meat content with TVP for some time now. I actually get compliments on the ground beef. There's no gristle, it's not grainy, and it tastes like a contiguous substance rather than like you're eating rubberized granules.

100% ground beef is disgusting.

I have a American cheese story if anyone would like to hear...:

>be 17
>be kissless hand holdingless virgin
>be very very poor
>be invisible at school
>some how by a miraculous random series of events, become very popular senior year
>Previous year prom queen who is super rich ASKS me to start dating her
>live alone (long story)
>goes well for a week and for some reason she wants to come over one morning for me to cook breakfast before school
>She wants sausage, bacon, eggs
>I prepare breakfast the only way I knew how at the time due to only watching my pathetic parents cook
>Microwave eggs in a bowl
>Microwave sausage patties
>Microwave bacon (still limpy)
>Make dipping "sauce" in large ramekin from 2 slices of cheese and large squirt of ketchup that is then microwaved
>She's horrified
>....somehow she still likes me
>ends up her family brings me in and teaches me proper etiquette as a whole and teaches me how not to be white trash

It's just mediocre Cheddar with citric acid used to stabilize.

That's adorable user
and fucking disgusting
but still kind of adorable.

>That's adorable user
>and fucking disgusting
>but still kind of adorable.

so many other embarrassing horror stories where they should have mocked me but instead helped me....heres some more:

>I vehemently insisted that Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas were the pinnacle of food....and was 100% fucking serious.

>before I was 18, I had only been to a sit down resteraunt ever once at 13 and it was Golden Corral and I thought it was exclusively for rich/very classy people)

>Her father took me to a $100+/plate restaurant a few times and first time I ordered a very well done filet and asked for not just ketchup an A1....but also mayo....did I mention I was white trash lol

I pretty much only use it for grilled cheese and cheeseburgers

>ketchup
>on steak

Honestly, since it's mostly vinegar, I've never understood the "socks with sandals" reaction people have to this.

I wouldn't put vinegar on steak either

>Vinegar
>Steak
Main ingredient in steak sauce

I wouldn't put steak sauce on steak either

Fuckin' hipster

kek

A good sauce is what makes a good steak a great steak. Whether it's a demi, pepper or butter is debatable but dismissing sauce is just pleb tier.

I was dismissing vinegar based "steak sauce" sauces, not all sauces

It tastes like plastic. It is blasphemy among the true cheeses. It is plastic that poses as cheese, the ultimate sin.

there is literally nothing wrong with kraft cheese on a burger

>kraft shit
>burger
thats what you get when you are americans
you developed shit taste

They're worse than just vinegar, they're ketchup style sweet and sour

>what is food processing

Fun fact my aunt work for kraft in the 80's when they were creating much of those powdered cheese products that go into boxed mac, chips, etc. They had to test the product every 30 mins, she didn't work there too long.

Kraft singles aren't american cheese

>Kraft singles aren't american cheese

here you go caveman

>American "cheese"

>cheap as fuck
>easy to transport and store
>keeps for ages

"Economy" is not a dirty word.

>>easy to transport and store
>>keeps for ages
it's no better than cheddar

American cheese is similar to cheddar. The things you posted aren't the same.
The only thing what you posted is good for is grilled cheese sandwiches.

Come down here to Louisiana bro, I'll make you eat your words.

And when I say Louisiana I mean South Louisiana, we have good food unlike those inbred shits in North Louisiana AKA western Missisippi/southern Arkansas

American cheese is made from cheddar, it is processed to make it easier to store and cook with