Let's discuss steaks today Veeky Forums

What's Veeky Forums's favorite steak dinner?
What cut of beef? How do you prepare it? What doneness? What preferred seasoning? And finally what side do you take with it?

I'll start with rib eye on grill with salt pepper and garlic at medium rare with either garlic mashed potatos or rice.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
lmgtfy.com/?q=fallacy fallacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like a well done prime rib with special sauce (A1 and ketchup).

I like filet mignon [spolier] yes i know it's over rated but fuck you I like it [spoiler] grilled, seasoned with salt and pepper, topped with lump crab and bernaise sauce.

>spolier

God I'm retarded

You know, I keep hearing its overrated, but at the same time you can't deny how satisfying it is to tear into a tender chunk of mignon. Definitely a steak for special occasions!

People says it's over rated because it's pretty expensive for not a lot of flavor. But I think seasoned properly it's one of the best steaks.

Sirloin/strip steak.
I like it better than fillet steak because, though not quite as tender, it's also considerably more flavourful. Rump is even tastier, but tough as fuck unless you tenderise it.
I like it pan-seared. Rare. Just salt, though I add parsley and pepper to the red wine jus.

Sides: a green leafy veg, a non-green leafy veg and a starchy carb.
Last time, that was garlicky spinach, crisp-fried mushrooms and buttered dumplings.
Having steak tomorrow. Gonna have it with stamppot (fulfills both the leafy green and starchy carb requirements) and buttered carrots.

Well-done wagyu with fries and bbq sauce

I'm not that impressed with steak, regardless of the quality. It's not the season for it, but I prefer a slow roast or braised cut. Short ribs or a sliced beef shank is my pleasure.

My dad is the same way. He doesn't really like steak and prefers pork.

It's boring as fuck

It's like the pizza of the meat world

Least favorite is ny strip

I will never understand the meme of "filet mignon really isn't that good" or "filet mignon doesn't have flavor"

Unless you are buying the worst of select, filet mignon still has tons of flavor and lets pretend it doesn't. You could simply cook it in oil and rendered beef tallow.

1 1/2 inch thick bone-in aged ribeye, cooked to 126-128F. Usually don't want any sort of sauce, but occasionally I like a bit of compound butter or Stilton butter (not very often, though), and I don't mind some sauteed mushrooms in a dish on the side, so I can nibble on them with the steak.

My nigga
I really enjoy fillet mignon as well, not overrated in the slightest imo.
Seasoning: Salt and Pepper
Method of Cooking: Iron Cast Pan coated with butter
Doneness: Rare
Sauce: Pesto
I usually eat it with a side of rice, but occasionally pasta or homemade cheese sauce.

>bone-in ribeye
>medium rare
>mashed potatoes
das it mane

>people are spending too long in restaurants, how can we speed up table turn around?
>Hey why don't we convince people that raw beef actually tastes better? Americans are such wannabe sophisticated sheeple, they'll buy into anything!

oh look, fresh b8

Perfect timing, im going fishing in 3 hours

>I'll start with rib eye on grill with salt pepper and garlic at medium rare with garlic mashed potatoes
Make that rare and add some asparagus and we're golden.

Heavily salt an pepper 1 inch filet mignon on all sides
Sprinkle 1/3 tsp of msg on one side

Bring peanut oil up to 475F where it is smoking a bit
Cook on each side for 90 seconds.

Place filet on a knob of butter and but a knob of butter on top

Let rest for 45 minutes, yes, I said 45 minutes.

While resting, render raw beef fat into juice and keep at 155 degrees; pour into ramekin to be used as dipping sauce.

Then eat.

Bone in ribeye, quick sear on both sides, finished in the oven to a tasty medium well.

Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper is all you need on it.

Side, mash or baked potatoes and any steamed vegetable is good.

>tasty medium well.

sirloin, seared in pan and finished in oven. well done. salted overnight, then a pan sauce made with drippings + onions, mushrooms, cream, and black pepper.

steamed broccoli and mashed potato for sides.

>inb4 "omg you eat steak well done? you need to prefer your food the way i prefer my food. you might as well be eating leather because i don't know the difference between cooking a steak to well done at 160F and overcooking it to 180F. i'm literally going to spend hours of my life talking about how eating well done steak is objectively wrong."

>caring whether or not someone cooks their meat to 160* or 180* if it remains moist ( or even if it doesn't )
wyw lad it's just energy you need to survive. eat if you need to, idc if you throw a tantrum b/c it's not what you like

With your logic, if someone tells you they thoroughly enjoy eating dogshit, it would be wrong to make fun of or criticize their poor palate...?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

just because an argument contains a logical falllacy, that doesn' mean it's wrong.

lmgtfy.com/?q=fallacy fallacy

Christ I meant medium rare.

I said that because I was berating someone earlier for eating their steaks medium well with ketchup like the fedora wearing faggot I am.

What basis do you have for mocking the dogshit eater? Because you don't like dogshit? Is being different reason to criticize?

Or is it because the majority of people don't like dogshit? So it's only okay to eat things as long as a certain number of people like it?

no, it just means it isn't sound dumbass

who cares what it sounds like? you wouldn't eat a piano, would you?

here is your (you)

Huh?

has anyone ever made a beef cut teir list? I'm legit curious about this.

Would strip loin be top teir?

Ribeye, medium rare, salt & pepper only, 1 flip, raw horseradish on the side.

Occasionally drop some crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola after flip.

The most overrated pretentious food there is, it benefits a lot from marinating it yet the pretentious douches that "enjoy steaks" will try to say you cannot improve it's favor. It has more flavor the more you cook it as long as you save the fat, yet the pretentious douches who think this is some kind of special food insist on just eating the thing raw and flavorless. All in all a disappointing and overpriced food especially if you "cook it right".

Hard to do unless you're accounting for cost as well. Is a prime flank steak at a great price better than a choice ribeye at a high price?

>it benefits a lot from marinating it
>i.e. I want to taste salad dressing instead

Jesus, stop buying shitty steak

What a dumb post

>discover how to make steaks at home
>make them every week for a month or two
>no longer find them delicious as I used too

I don't like this feeling.

Jesus Christ. You only marinate flank and skirt steak, in either buttermilk or some citrus. If you marinate rib or strip you're buying your meat from a poverty grocery store that's probably selling you prime cuts of dog.

Sir, kindly chill and like the previous user said, stop buying shitty steaks.

That was me once. My dad used to make steaks often, but after a while I was getting sick of them.

Now i'm living on my own and surviving off eggs and chicken and lord do I miss my dad's steak

NY Strip, pan, a little past rare but not quite medium rare y'know, salt and pepper, twice baked potato

Filet mignon mid rare salt and pepper garlic mashed potatoes.

Filet mignon infused with serrano peppers In a tamarind sauce on a cactus bed.

I love NY strip. Great mix of flavor and fat content. I pound it out first, marinate in evoo, layer seasoning with garlic salt, lemon pepper, oregano, parsley, and finally red pepper flakes. Vaccum seal for 2-3 days. Sear on a smoking hot cast iron directly under high broiler. For 5-10 min per side depending on thickness for medium rare finish.

My favorite has to be a prime rib eye from the chuck end of the rib with all of the fat cap left on, pan fried, finished in the oven and served with a side of seasoned, pan fried potato slices.
Second place would be a juicy, rare hanging tender, marinated right with mashed potatoes on the side.

You're the human error that's added to cooking. "garlic salt", "lemon pepper". You're the reason people buy flavoured garbage that has nitrates and nitrites cryogenically sealed in to garbage beef. Lemon pepper.. for fuck sake.

It would be constantly changing and hugely up to opinion.
Different cuts go in and out of popularity and people constantly find new ways to cook cuts that were once considered trash, into delicious steaks.
Also, the list would be highly dependent on the cooking method, as some cuts are amazing pan frying and shit or braising, some are great for dry roasting and shit for grilling ect.

here's a simple answer to neophytes. if the beef folds directly over your hand when you pick it up, it's a great cut. It will open up and show you all of the fat and leaders before you grill it. Relaxed beef.

Please go fuck your pretentious hipster mustache grease spilling in your nonfat soy latte little cunt rag.

Cooked this filet the other night in my cast iron. I was amazed at how tender it was. I paid $15.00 for it, and I was not disappointed.

sirloin tip, pan fried with shallots then deglazed with brandy

try it and weep

>Let's discuss steaks today

You mean just like yesterday? And the day before? Actually all week already?

Leg of lamb steak, shallow fried to medium rare. Served with mint sauce, peas and new potatoes.

OR

Ribeye, cooked as above, with horseradish, fried mushroom and tomato.

Jesus dude, go outside.

To be fair, some of us have lives outside of the computer and are only checking in now. You also don't need to engage in the conversation if you have no interest in it, you're only making yourself look silly.