How will housing prices develop over the next 20 years...

How will housing prices develop over the next 20 years? It is my understanding that a lot of the older generations hold multiple homes entirely for the sake of investment. However wages aren't increasing to produce enough middle-class workers who can afford these houses at their high current, and increasing, prices. What is going to happen when these people can no longer afford to maintain these investment homes and can't find anything to buy at the prices they are looking for? Will housing prices eventually come down, or will the gubmint intervene in some way?

NINJA loans will come out to play

we will have to live in tents

ok I've read about these.
assuming I have 100k and great credit, with no "active income" on paper, how ones one acquire a ninja loan?

Uber housing

that's called airbnb.
it already exists.

Literally any credit union

Our construction work force has been gutted since the recession. We aren't building at a rate to keep up with population increase. Market inventories are way down. This will only get worse as we kick out more and more illegals. I seriously don't know who we are going to get to roof houses and hang drywall.

Seriously? I used to love my credit union. Huh.
Does this pertain to home loans or business loans as well?

Also how do I even bring this up? Just have money in a credit union account and mention that I want a ninja loan?

Most likely is we're facing another housing crash. People will leave the keys on the counter on houses underwater, and banks will sit on them, and they'll decay and be pulled down, the land sold at auction for pennies on the dollar, and the whole cycle starts over, just like it did already. Or, the entire country is like detroit, where entire city blocks of housing was demolished, and the lots are still empty.
Oh, and it all takes down wall street with it, because those mortgages are still being sold as investments.
That's the big one lurking offshore everyone is afraid of, and there's no way for it to unwind without pain. Too much wealth was parked in real estate, and it's too top heavy now. The lower income people can't afford anything, and the middle class are having to buy lower class dwellings and rehab them. That's why there'sso many tent cities in big cities now, the poverty level housing was all gentrified so real estate douches could sell ex-flop houses/meth dens as "fixer uppers" for $500k.
I give it another 5 years, max. Something has to give, and it will be real estate. When it pops...it's going to be really fucking ugly.

When the boomers start dying in substantial numbers and the inheritors start putting all the houses up for sale that no one wants to buy it'll crash pretty hard. Or the Chinese end up owning more property in the US than Americans, one of the two.

None of this is true. There's an oversupply in a lot of areas, but at prices nobody can afford. Especially in rentals, there is a TON of new apartments coming online in major cities, but it's all top end "gourmet" shit. Construction is doing just fine, it's just being hired to build the wrong stuff.

You actually have to do a ninja move on your loan officer. Steal their watch off their hand or steal the candy out of their pocket without them knowing.

They'll approach you with the loan

The Chinese already pulled out, who do you think drove the Canadian housing boom?
My ex-coworker is a real estate agent in Northern California. She said that 2015/16, all of her clients were Chinese couples. Now, she can't sell anything. She hasn't sold a single thing last year and this year, so far.

Unless you have some type of alloidial title, the state owns all of the property already. It will soon become apparent.

Communism™ It was the goal all along®.

There were obviously pockets where this is not true. Where I live it is true.

I own a home that halfway paid off.

Im going to sell it next year, still have some shit to do to it. The writing is on the wall and I dont want to be caught with my pants down. The value of this house has skyrocketed in the last 10 years and I want to sell the top. Ill buy a better house for cheaper when it does crash.

Just like buying and selling shitcoins

Same here. I live in a part of FL that has a very limited amount of buildable land, and not enough housing. Banks are still sitting on foreclosures from 2008. I guy I worked with bought a house in 2016 and in 2017 it had doubled in value.

I'm looking forward to finally being a homeowner.

Goys with worthless degrees that figured out they Could Be making 50k a year doing "degrading Mexican work"

This guys gets it.

And then is a good time to buy?

I hope so. Impossible to hire a carpenter right now.

Yes. If the housing bubble pops, if you have cash, you are king, and you can get houses/land for pennies on the dollar. IF you still have a job, because if you were around for the last one, housing bubbles take everything down with them, when they pop.

Sounds like perfect timing for us cryptofags, if the market keeps growing we will have nothing but cash to put in

People without family ambitions....who also make up a large part of tax paying revenue... Don't really give a shit about a large freestanding house or even freehold invest in different things. Mostly their own personal development as opposed to raising children. Those who don't breed, read...

I was thinking the same thing.

time for my mansion on 1000 acres

Supply and demand.

As demand drops (first time buyers can't afford) and supply grows (as more houses/apartments are constructed), price will drop.

Australia will be completely fucked as a country when it's finally our turn. No recession for over 25 years, we have dumps 100s of kms away from Sydney selling for $1 million. You would be a fucking moron to buy now. The writing is on the wall, it's starting to finally slow down. First-home buyers cannot afford houses here. The only people who can afford houses here are:
>Chinese
>Kids with loaded parents who buy them a house
>Politicians
Everyone else I talk with is stretched at their limits.

You're poised to make a bundle if you've been good at crypto. Imagine jewing chinks out of their homes.

The monkeys that chose to not pay attention in school. Hardest part is getting them to do something on a hot roof for the next 40 years. Unless smart enough to start own business and manage employees that make all the money for him.