I want to expand my seafood skills, specifically monkfish. I've cooked a lot of white fish, some shark, salmon...

I want to expand my seafood skills, specifically monkfish. I've cooked a lot of white fish, some shark, salmon, tuna steaks, and mahi-mahi. I've got no real clue where to start on these weird bastards. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wdI9xnEH5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>specifically monkfish
Why?

Seems interesting, and I like trying to cook new things

youtube.com/watch?v=-wdI9xnEH5E

Good choice, user. Those ugly fuckers are really tasty.

Best bet with them is to cook them in a court bouillon (don't overcook them, the flesh needs to be firm).

It's quite a meaty fish and goes surprisingly well with the kinds of sauce you'd use on steak (like bearnaise, pepper or blue cheese).

For a bit of extr oomph, get some monkfish livers (usually dirt cheap) slice them and pan fry them with a bit of garlic and parsley.

Serve with new potatoes and spinach

Food of the sea kings.

I saw them in runescape and want to heal 18

>It's quite a meaty fish and goes surprisingly well with the kinds of sauce you'd use on steak (like bearnaise, pepper or blue cheese).
>goes surprisingly well with the kinds of sauce you'd use on steak (like bearnaise, pepper or blue cheese).
>kinds of sauce you'd use on steak
>sauce on steak

I think you're missing the point of my post.

I don't clean fish in the first place. That thing in pic related looked like it crawled straight out of my ex's vagina during my nightmare.

Do you really think I would want to fuck with that thing?

You don't put sauce on steak?

Ah. I see, thanks. That explains a lot.

It is ugly as sin but the best tasting fish often do.

And if you're fucking it, you're not doing it right. The idea is to cook it.

Depends on the steak and how it's cooked. Tenderloin is pretty bland and needs sauce, but rib-eye has plenty of flavour. You might as well eat something cheaper if all you want to taste is the sauce.

I'm the user that made the joke about putting sauce on steak.

But no, I normally don't. Not because of some meme or social standard. I just actually enjoy the taste of steak.

I can sort of see the point. Smothering the taste of the steak would definitely be bad but if you choose the appropriate sauce for the steak, it can really enhance the taste.

So for instance, with tenderloin, you could go with a stronger tasting sauce like foie gras or roquefort but with rib eye, a very light bearnaise would be better.

Great to cook with, as no bones once you've got the fillets off the tail.
I use it in Thai green curry (just cube and toss into the sauce for last 5 mins of cookie) or put it on skewers with peppers and onion and grill while brushing it with herb/spices in oil. Classic recipe is to wrap a fillet in Parma ham and roast

>meme
You're a fucking idiot, son.

Lose weight

>sauce
>fois gras
Retard.

Never had foie gras sauce?
You don't know what you're missing, user

He probably thinks foie is too precious and it should only be eaten on its own so you can fully experience the once-in-a-lifetime experience

There should really be a separate board for poor people

I guess having lived in France where even mcdonalds put foie gras on their burgers kind of distorts things.

He saw his waifu butcher and cook one in Shokugeki no Soma

Monkfish heal 16 you jackass