What goes on an authentic Philly Cheesesteak?

What goes on an authentic Philly Cheesesteak?

this is what filthadelphians use

Thin sliced ribeye, grilled onions, provolone.

Cheez whiz if you're a fucking tourist.

Are green peppers okay?

NJ native who lived in Philly:
1) the OG is steak and American white deli cheese (get this BULLSHIT American = Kraft singles meme out my fucking face)
2) steak with Wiz
Toppings ?
Ketchup, mayo, and fried onions is the ghetto steak
Most people just have plain or ketchup (onions optional), with American white cheese or provolone

PS only plebs think it has bell peppers. You can have fried long hot peppers or picked peppers on the side

>tourist
no, cheez wiz is authentic, but provolone is just better. also use mushrooms and green peppers

If you're wanting completely traditional/authentic, no.

But personally, I like onions, peppers and mushrooms on mine.

Bacon

Well the authentic philly way is to put shitty cheese wiz on it, but the correct way to do it is just steak, onions and provolone

banana peppers are way better choice than green peppers, though not 'authentic' whatever the fuck that means

Do people in philly really put fucking ketchup on their cheesesteaks?

gotta have this

Once visiting a friend in Philadelphia and ate cheese steaks after a day and night of drinking

gotta wiz on it

wiz and fried chopped onions

According to the wiki the sub appeared in the 1930's and cheez wiz only appeared on the market in the 50's.

So if you want to go full blown "muh authentic sammich" it's provolone and not cheez wiz.

Technically you should drop the cheese, because the first guy to make it served it without cheese, provolone was only added later by some other faggot.

We should harvest his body after his death to create a super antibiotic

Cheese wiz and onions for me on a toasted roll. I had a great cheesesteak when I was like 15 at a Philly Quiznos and the roll was seasoned with parsley or something, was 10x more awesome.

>that unbroken eye contact as he eats it

Some covert federal agency will probably whisk away his body before us and militarize Jack's gut bacteria into some super-weapon.

10/10 briefly raised my pulse

Yeah. It is no different then ketchup on a burger. The only diff is the texture of the meat, which isn't great quality anyways.

You know how you make the provolone/ peppers/ onions/ mushrooms cheesesteak even better?

French dip that fucker.

A lot of place's cheese whiz is melted american

Jim's is fucking amazing

Ishkabibble is overrated

I didn't even bother with the meme places on Passyunk Ave

Speaking of Passyunk, am I correct in pronouncing it Pass-ee-yunk?

>tfw no ghetto Puerto Rican gf from North Philly

On a related note, I was randomly in Fairhill and some Puerto Ricans were having a block party, I wanted to go but it's not public of course

yeah, no

>peppers
>mushrooms
>even better
I enjoy steakand mushrooms as much as the next guy, but not on a cheesesteak

Jims is okay. The (yes pas E) passyunk places r good. Pat's has better steak, Geno's has better bread. Also I dare anyone to try Geno's Hot Sauce. It is beautiful . 10x hotter then anything I've had short of the 250,000 scoville sauce

yeah you don't want the cheese steak to be too busy. Onions and cheese is all it really needs.

Any recommendations from Philly natives on where to go?

I thought Pat's and Geno's were meme places

And I refuse to give Geno's my business, the owner is a xenophobic city hick retard

Fuck that, I like my steak sandwiches piled up and dunked in jus. I don't give a shit what's authentic. You've got that crust of the bread, the soaked interior like dipping your bread in soup, a little crunch from the peppers and onions, the gooeyness of the cheese, you can't fuck with that.

I'm not hating on it, it just sounds too busy

Chinks. In Philly.

But ur better off crossing the bridge and going to Chicks in Cherry Hill. Even though it's NJ they have won best cheese steak in Philly before lol. Also ran by a family I went to HS with and has been around for 30-40 yrs. Great deli. Total hidden gem.

Is it still called Chink's?

Ironically, one of the best cheesesteaks I had was at a restaurant in Hamden, Connecticut.

I bet you're mad bernie dropped out of the race, beta orbiter

I don't really care about politics anymore, but Trump supporters are shitkicking retards

I bet you're terrified of not being manly, aren't you dontard?

How is this guy allowed to have a youtube account and call himself a chef?

The patty isnt even close to being done. Cheese isnt melted, bread isnt toasted. Why?

Hmm it was forever idk maybe it closed. But I can't say enough to go to Chicks in Cherry Hill . It's 10 mins from the Ben Franklin bridge

what is your recommended topping combination?

I hear those bodegas in Kensington and Fairhill have good cheap cheesesteaks, is that true?

I'm not an authenticity autist but this is what my friends and I came up with:

Thin sliced ribeye
Provolone is tradition, Whiz is for tourists, white American is acceptable. Some people are trying to make sharp cheddar a thing but I think that is too much of a departure
Grilled onions. I literally don't know anybody who orders one without onions, I think it must be a meme or something not to
The only other acceptable toppings are optional: mushrooms and green peppers

It's weird how people get about their regional foods. Like Chicago's autism about ketchup on hot dogs. Nigga just get it how you want it

American cheese, fried onions. If your a sauce guy, the only acceptable choices are ketchup and or mayo. I rotate between plain, ketchup, mayo, both regularly. Hot and sweet pickled peppers on the side.

I feel like the authentic philly autists all use wiz, but provolone is way the fuck better, and if you are looking for a good cheese steak, philly is one of the last places I would go

No I don't like ketchup or mayo on steak, so I would go with American and onions.

But what are your thoughts on the whiz that's really just melted American like they have at Jim's?

None of the places I've been to even serve the literal cheese whiz

But Jim's sells melted American as "whiz" and it's good as fuck

If you are really in doubt about the authenticity of whiz then this is your daily reminder that the philly cheesesteak predates the invention of whiz by 20 years. The temporal evidence doesn't add up even if it tastes fine

Now dis here, is a real Italian Beef Sandwich.

There is no melted American Wiz secret. I have said many times most cheese steaks use melted American white deli cheese.

Wiz used by Philly is nothing like jar cheese product. It doesn't congeel and is very thin and non viscous.

Just had one cause of this thread:
Toasted roll
Extra American cheese
Fried onions fried extra

No it's not. You won't find that in Italy. It's pure American.

It's not a secret, I'm saying that some places use literal Cheez Whiz while some place's Whiz is melted cheese of some sort

Chicago, how does it feel to know that LA's French Dip is a far superior sandwich?

Like all your food, the Italian Beef is underflavored and oversized.

next thing you're going to tell me French fries are actually Belgian and Russian dressing is from New Hampshire lmao gtfo pleb

Why is Chicago so flyover?

It isn't really apart from the pizza and hot dog stands. It's much too big to be properly flyover

:^)

Veeky Forums thinks anything that isn't new york or la is flyover.

ketchup obv