Are Wood-fired ovens worth it?

Im about to pay some wog tradie 200 dollars plus 500 dollars for supplies to build a woodfired oven in my backyard. Is it worth it? Does anyone has experience with traditional wood fired ovens?

You'll get tired of it and then be too lazy to clean it when you do want to use it

For me, it's worth it to me.....but if you are having to ask the question if it's worth it on a chinese frog posting forum, you'll probably use it 10 times the first 6 weeks you have it then never touch it again....

They look nice.

Senpai has one, pic related

You have to understand that using a wood fired oven is a process. Have to build the fire, let the oven heat up, clear the coals to the side, etc.. Generally, it'd be a good idea to have one person just maintaining the fire while another actually works the dough and makes the pizzas.

I'd expect to spend at least an hour working up the heat before you even get the pizza in there, but once you do you can easily have enough heat that it takes like 2 minutes to cook. Can easily get to ~900 F if you build a big fire, at which point your pizza is done pretty much instantly.

One complaint I have is that the mouth on our oven is pretty small, so you can really only get personal sized pies in there.

wisdom

As for the actual pizza, of course ingredients are critical but So far I've found it to be way better than the majority of mediocre 'Italian' pizza parlors in the area. You will get a genuine wood-fired crust, not that cardboard gas oven type you get on a $1 slice.

you already took your decision to let build one.. so why asking here?

700$
let say you use it during 10 years ..

how many pizza do you eat in one year?
do you make your own bread weekly?
do you use it commercially? or just privately?

Yeah I was thinking that too. What else are you doing in a wood fire oven? That's a LOT of pizza if that's all you intend to use it for.

>Senpai
Retard.

Looks Terrific!

My dad recently built one in his backyard, but he's retired and likes having people over to eat so he gets a chance to use it a lot.

>what is chat filter for senpai
Oh dear f a m

Best salmon I ever had was cooked in tin foil in a wood-fire oven

agreed

fuck man nice work

I don't want those mushrooms.
Otherwise looks pretty pretty pretty good.

>I don't want those mushrooms.
Faggot, go away.

looks good i would suggest lightly drizzling olive oil on the top right pizza before baking, so the herbs aren't so dry

Build one out of a 55 gallon drum that previously stored a foodsave material.

Build a mound of dirt around it. Imagine a hobbit hole.

Cost me $20

>pizza
that's a greek flat bread pastry

If you plan on partying with a bunch of people, they're worth it, but if not, you can make damn good pizza in a regular oven just using your broiler.

My folks polish neighbor built one, it's an oven/smoker combo, I've only seen it from a distance but the smoker component looks like one of those where you hang the meat (just an educated guess based on general knowledge of EastU culture). Other than a 'cool' piece of decoration on the patio, that'd be more useful to my mind. That said, if you've the scratch, do it m8

please do not do this. wood smoke is very noxioius and you will piss off your neighbors every time you fire that thing up.

Just bake pizza in the oven like a regular person. There is nothing special about wood fire, except there's a great chance of your pizza having ashes and carcinogens in it.

Is summer over yet?

What the actual fuck...

>carcinogens
CSB. How did you manage to type that between sucking all those dicks? Do you even grind the peppa, or are you just the kind of faggot who lazily licks the tip with a half hearted tongue?

>What the actual fuck...
Man I hate this phrase so much. Just say what you mean

My man. Mushrooms are shit-tier

Would have scalding sex with those pizzas

keep watching jamie at home reruns for inspiration. he's always cooking really nice food in his wood oven out in his garden. looks like a nice way to cook.

Where I live there's maybe 2 weeks every year when the weather is nice enough to cook and eat outside.
So wouldn't drop 700 bones on something I'd use 3-4 times a year.

Question is: Why don't you build it yourself you lazy useless fucker!

pics? Sounds pretty cool

mate given your vernacular you are Aussie and as such YOU KNOW that we have enough awesome summer days to warrant it

im getting one when i move into my new joint. roast lamb, rib of beef, pizza, bread - bring it

mate given your vernacular you are Aussie and as such YOU KNOW that we have enough awesome summer days to warrant it

im getting one when i move into my new joint. roast lamb, rib of beef, pizza, bread - you know it makes sense