How can something so simple be so fucking good ?

How can something so simple be so fucking good ?

just tomato with coriander on hard bread?

it's basil

Life's simple pleasures.

I like picking one of my grandma's tomatoes, and lightly sprinkling it with salt. One of the best things to eat.

a single basil leaf is on the plate, but coriander is on those tomato

The tomatoes are coated with olive oil as well. OP's picture was probably done for some photo shoot so instead of doing the actual dish they made something similar looking for presentation sake.
When I make bruschetta I side Roma tomatoes with the gelatinous insides removed, finely chopped garlic, chiffonade some sweet basil then mix in olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I'll add pecorino or Parmesan.

whats so special about your granny's tomatoes?

That's cilantro. Coriander is the seeds of the plant.

Homegrown tomatoes are unbeatable.

overbaked bread with raw tomatoes and basil?

>I like picking one of my grandma's tomatoes, and lightly sprinkling it with salt
why the salt, are they bad or do you just not like tomatoes?

actually it's parsley

cilantro doesn't go on bruschetta

i never understand the salt on tomatoes meme, tried it but it just taste better without salt

Not the same poster, but salt and pepper on tomatoes is good sometimes. Plain is best though. I'll add a little sugar on them once in awhile too.

needs mozzarella

>He pronounces it >broo-shett-arr

I think it's a way to salvage watery, bland tomatoes. Not every tomato is great on its own.

I've eaten 4 of these this week.

Good god yes. Grill the bread, sprinkle with Garlic Oil, spread some mozzarella-basil pesto on the bread and make sure the tomato is blanched and chilled. Simply god tier.

hmmm...

there are 2 sandwiches there. did you have 4x2=8 sandwiches or just 4 sandwiches

4*2

that's a lot them tomatoes must be on point

is this the next evolution of 'za?

Pretty much the god-tier snack food. Tiny bit annoying to dice the tomatoes to make them though.

In some places cilantro is called coriander

>hurr durr seasoning is a perversion

this is why no one will ever pay you to cook

No. It's 'za's kawaii little sister ;))

Slightly different but why do southerners put salt on their watermelon? They say it's simple and delicious and I almost puked from trying it.

maybe you wouldn't have if you didn't know it was there

salt on sweet things can often work if you don't know it's there

That is an interesting idea and you may be on to something