Anyone here from Philadelphia?

Anyone here from Philadelphia?

If so where are your favourite places to eat?

My house. :3

His house

I live in Philly

None of my favorite places to eat are in Philly

As a fellow philadelphia bloke, me favourite is the "pizza pie".

It is a favourite tucka among me m8s and fellow philadelphians.

Didn't we just do this in the cheese steak thread. Go to cherry hill NJ. The chicks cheese steak won best in Philly even though it's out of state. Best sandwiches you'll find.

Philly has an amazing mid range price point restaurant culture so just google

Jones

Are you gay or a woman? That place was down the street from my old office. The only people I know who raved about it were women and malewomen.

East Washington Ave. has a lot of Asian strip malls. Best pho senpai.

be nice

the fat ham. its good if you don't mind being surrounded by hipsters

Eulogy for bucket o mussels and belgian beer

Brauhaus schmidt for sausage and kraut and german beer

Fette Sau for brisket and beans and american beer

any of the million no-name corner pizza and steak shops for pizza and cheesesteak, pats and genos are both trash

Oi me n me blokes go for tommy blimpkins and a rasher of knob kettles up on the high before taking a step on to Churchhills for a gob wallow of pickled eels and a pint. Fucking foinest fucking eels in the fucking city of bruthaly luv m8. Den you head ova to the Cockgoblin for the ol' age'd badgeriedoo in aspic, George Gibbins finds the fucking cunts on the side of the motor after they've got'n the old hot n tenderbug treatment, dat old cunt has a damn skill for using his sniffle he does. Fuckin heavenly m8. Top it of with tiddlywink of donglickers and you've had the best of Philly ya have.

Morimotos or Le Bec Fin

Bring money

The papi store, duh

Saad's Halal

I like a good 'eese 'eak wit 'iz

>Anywhere being better than Chink's/Joes

NJ and even NYC are some of the only places outside of Philly to have good cheesesteaks, but the king is Joes with honorable mention Jims

provolone > American >>> Wiz >>>>>>>>>>> Swiss

do those bodegas in North Philly have good cheesesteaks?

Swiss? I have literally never heard of anyone putting swiss on a cheesesteak.

Sounds like something europeans would do.

Kanella
Prima Pizza (The taqueria that doesn't make pizza)
Jamonera
Vedge
Ting Wong
Pho ga Than Than

I had really good Mexican food at a food court in Philly, I forgot where it was though

Jim's? Get the fuck out. Stringy meat and ridiculous amounts of liquid dripping from it

I enjoyed Jim's but then again I only ate at 3 cheesesteak places

>Philadelphia

The only thing philly is good for is heroin. That's literally it

Uncle Oogie's.
Steak and bake fries on every order.

They're on par with Chink's and aren't in the middle of nowhere.
>implying wissinoming isn't the middle of nowhere
It fucking is and everyone knows it. It's literally at the end of the line (IE, the last EL stop) AND THEN another mile beyond that. Unless you live in Wissinoming/Bridesburg/Tacony, there's no reason to ever go there.
And if you do, then that's the only place you should go cuz that's one of the few areas of the city where cornerstores don't make good cheesesteaks.

Le Bec Fin's been closed for years, fampai.

Yes and no. They're good and they're cheap ($3.50) but they skimp on meat. You have to order extra meat to make up for it but when you do, it's still cheaper than the dedicated cheesesteakeries and better than all of them but Chink's and Phil's, with which they're on par.

>prima pizza
Only in the summer when they're cooking outside on the plancha.

Probably the mall at the Bellevue. The Mexican consulate's in there, next to the bathrooms. No joke.

This. One on the boulevard's even worse.

They're no better than any other pizza joint in a Philly area strip mall.

If you don't mind less pleasant areas, Hyon's (pronounced 'high-on's' by the local 'groids) has good fried chicken.
On the opposite end of South Philly, there's a park on 5th and Wolf wherein Cambodians and Hmong/Lao people make and sell various foods. You can get Khmer iced coffee, papaya salad made Lao/Khmer style (tom muk hung/bok l'hong, respectively), Khmer barbecue (saht, related to the better-known Indonesian sate, but seasoned differently), Lao barbecue, including grilled eggs (ping khai, egg shells are carefully opened, the contents beaten with aromatics, poured back into the shells, steamed to set, then grilled until the shells crack/burn off a little) and Italian sausage from Aldi. Dunno why, but Khmer fucking love Italian sausage from Aldi. They buy it by the cart full.

this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. How far up your own ass is your head

Not from Philly, but I've been here for just over a year.

I second Brauhaus Schmitt's. Their restaurant is great if you're into German food and bier. Their stand at Reading Terminal is pretty good too. Always get the schnitzel blt when I'm there.

As you can tell from previous posters, there's no consensus on cheesesteaks when 3 places in a square block make them.

My personal favorite is Oregon Steaks, but that's probably because it's down the street from my house and it's open 24 hours and is across an alley from a bar I frequent.

You're seriously better off just using Yelp on suggestions if you're just visiting than asking a bunch of Philadelphians on a Cambodian mahjong board. You're not going to get a straight answer.

Oh and if you're into craft beer, check out The Foodery in Center City. Bottle shop with a great selection, and draughts. Seating inside so you can just pay for a bottle and seat yourself. 10% (or 20%, can't remember) once you buy a 6 pack. Don't worry, if you pay with card they'll keep track for you, not sure how that works with cash. They actually have pretty good sandwiches too. Not a huge menu but the stuff they do have is really good.

Tell me what cross street you think prima pizza is on...

Foodery is 10% a mixpack and 20% off a 6pack of all the same thing.

Probably my confusion then. Sometimes I'll go in and mix and match to try new stuff, other times I'll just drink a 6 pack of Flying Fish Dubbel because it's one of their cheapest. Thanks for clearing it up.

I remember one of the primary candidates in 2004 or 2008 tried to order one with Swiss on a campaign stop and was heavily ridiculed in the news for it.

>Shitty cheese whiz is the "right" way to do a steak and cheese

When will Phillycucks learn?

This dudes house.

anywhere that doesnt have a bunch of jungle bunnies running riot

which is nowhere

This user's house is probably the best if you want a cockmeat sandwich

Literally the only people that get wiz are tourists and people from Northeast

John's Roast Pork in South Philly off of Snyder. It's a locals only kind of joint.

That's Bullshit . Plenty of natives get Wiz wit. Just not at their fav spot, it's mostly for late night drunken Geno's/Pat's runs.

The Wiz their is thin and doesn't congeel when it's cold.

Wiz is some shit restaraunt owners came up with in the 80s because its far cheaper than real cheese. Nobody with sense gets it and its nowhere near as popular as provolone and American

Pats and Genos are both garbage and the only reason to get wiz there is because they're so busy slinging out crappy cheesesteaks that they don't properly melt the cheese. They just put the cold cheese on the bread and throw the steak on top. Shit doesn't melt and is terrible

quit fuckin' around

best cheesesteak by far is Daleasandro's but it's way north west of center city

then go to pizza brain in fish town

thats so gay

Pietros pizza had the best eggplant parm I've gotten in the city.

That's Lancaster and Ephrata buddy

D I N I C S'
I
N
I
C
S
'

>roast beef with sharp provolone

Best sandwich I ever ate, and I LOVE cheesesteaks.

Philly's getting up there, too. Lancaster still has Philly beat when it comes to meth, though.Obviously.
And nobody cares about Ephrata.