How big are the portions in America?

I have a stopover in America for two days and I was just curious as to how big the portion sizes are at places like Dennys and iHop and whatnot. I assume places at McDonalds and KFC have the same size as where I live but again just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NeqYyvRbHws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends entirely on the restaurant/what you order. What kind of question even is this?

Also Denny's/IHOP aren't exactly quality before we see you in a week going "HURR ALL AMERICAN FOOD IS SHIT XDDD"

this. you can order a small amount or a large amount of food. it's not like you just get thrown mountains of food in america. Now yes some items are quite large but you know what you're getting.

where are you from?

use yelp, look at photos of food. answers your question

youtube.com/watch?v=NeqYyvRbHws

In the US, the general rule is the finer the restaurant, the smaller the portions.

The places you mentioned are primarily breakfast. But things like Cheesecake Factory and Applebee's (shit tier shit down restaurants) have insanely huge portions.

IHOP already has huge portions senpai...

one plate, 2 pancakes
another plate, 12 oz chicken fried steak, 2 eggs, 3 bagon, and hashbrowns

patriot size

America. I'm going from Boston to Boise and have a layover in Atlanta.

Pretty much this. If a restaurant has garbage food, they make up for it by giving you more of it.

FREEDOM SIZE

One other thing OP - I know plenty of Euros get here and order appetizers, entrees, deserts, and are really amazed by the size of portions.

That's because we don't do that. Appetizers are usually ordered as a snack for the table, something with drinks if you're not eating a meal, etc.

Likewise, desert is usually not ordered unless it's a special occasion or something.

Is it true that there is a McDonalds in every hospital in America?

No, I can't think of one hospital I've seen with one, but I wouldn't be amazed to hear it does happen somewhere.

It's finally backing down, but there was a 15 year period where it seemed soda machines were everywhere. They went from being banned in schools to being mandatory at every school level it seemed.

Quantity over quality is all you need to remember OP. Portions are big so people feel like they're getting their money's worth. The standard of the "average" meal is on a particular with any other developed nation's "poor".

lolwut

Please don't go to these places and say "I tried American food". Literally go anywhere else.

If you want crazy portions, I suggest
1) Cheesecake Factory
but for other chains, regionally, there tends to be more of a list depending where you're going. I wouldn't consider Dennys to be huge, though you can keep ordering.

>Is it true that there is a McDonalds in every hospital in America?
I've seen them closeby but not inside, but it might be interrelated in that McDonalds "House" charities provide free hotels for family members who are taking a loved one for cancer treatment. It keeps people closeby family getting care without running up a daily hotel bill, especially important in expensive cities. To eschew a place from the greater hospital complex would be stupid, and not all of their food is bad. It's your choice to order the salad or the big mac, and their breakfast is normal. Though hospitals do have a bit of food court complexes around campus (many are teaching hospitals with students, researchers and other businesses all closeby), but I do know 2 out of the big 3 in Miami have them close. At Jackson Hosp/UM, the county hospital in Miami, about 2 buildings over from the E.R. had a McDonald's. It is very popular for breakfast coffee. I worked in a research building nearby, and if you went there for a coffee or something, you can be sure there would be at least 1 person in line rolling their iv pole with them, and maybe flashing their ass in their hospital gown. Since indigent and other free kind of patients do long term care, I think it's nice for them to get a craving handled. This being a place that has a delicious cafeteria, but kind of too gourmet pricewise and maybe not somewhere you want to go in your gown, LOL

>their breakfast is normal.

lmfao breakfast in America

No. Burger Kingnowns hospital rights till 2020.