What's the consensus on Boars Head products. Usually considerably more expensive...

What's the consensus on Boars Head products. Usually considerably more expensive, but all the stuff I've had has been of good quality.

Are they just slightly above average and overpriced? Or are they justified.

Average food that's very overpriced.
Grab the schnucks brand/local butcher shop for your meats and cheeses.

I prefer boars head over the prepackaged deli meats in the refrigerated section. To me it just seems to have a better taste and no chemical taste to it. As for the price, I don't mind paying the extra for it.

Obviously a local butcher would be better, I've noticed they are carrying a lot of imported goods now. Looks like good stuff desu

They make some tasty mustard also

Gross CAFO crap for people who need to be told what's good, and are too uninformed to know whether it's true or not

The Starbucks of deli meat

lol okay enjoy your cancer from buddig

I don't know what that is. You sound poor

They make really good stuff. If you don't mind the price then go for it.

You sound like a fag and your shit is all gay

They're better than most pre-made brands of deli meat, but they're not as good as something which is actually made & cured the old-fashioned way.

Best thing to get at a grocery store. A local butcher is obviously better, but boars head is a good substitute if you don't feel like making a second stop. Their condiments are bretty good as well.

That doesn't make any sense. If he thinks Boar's head is crap, then surely that stuff would be even lower down the list.

saying it is the starbucks aka elitist of the bunch and not worth the money. Can you not comprehend english?

>>Can you not comprehend english?

I'd ask you the same question, user:

>Gross CAFO crap for people
...do you know what this means? He's saying it's factory-farmed mass produced garbage. What you posted is even worse.

>>Starbucks
That's not "elite", it's highly corporate.

Your reading comprehension is horrible.

>buying deli "meat"
for what purpose ? do you hate yourself ?
if you're a poor flyover surely it's must be more economical to shoot and preserve venison ?

>starbucks
>elitist
>laughinggirls.jpg

>chemical taste
no meaning

What kinda faggot doesn't like sandwiches.

Plus the only time turkey actually taste good is when it fried whole or sliced extremely thin for turkey sandwiches

Let me explain in Autism-friendly mode:

When someone complains about a "Chemical taste" they don't mean that it literally tastes like chemicals. That ought to be obvious because everything in the world is a chemical. Therefore, in this context, a "chemical taste" means that there are flavors present which are difficult to identify, but clearly don't belong in the food in question. These usually come from additives put into the food which traditionally shouldn't be there. They could also come from artificial flavors which don't quite match the natural flavor they are attempting to copy.

People use the phrase "tastes like chemicals" because that's a lot more succinct than writing out a whole damn paragraph.

Does that trigger you less, user?

Sandwiches suck dick. They mask the flavor of good bread, good meat and good cheese. If you have quality products they'll taste better separately.

>being so culturally impoverished that you thought "Starbucks" means "fancy"
Are we still allowed to use the F word or do the mods here get triggered now?

Water is a chemical
I have a 156 IQ and majoring in engineering
You are a suburban soccer mom who thinks vaccines are scary
I'm done with you

>These usually come from additives put into the food which traditionally shouldn't be there
Thats still just an idiots way of describing things
if I lemon juice in food, but called it a citric acid compound, would you call that an additive
It's all just a shitty way for people to explain that they care about what they put in their body, but not enough to learn about what they put in their body

t. Junk food addict desperately trying to justify his addiction to HFCS

Citric acid is one specific chemical. Lemon juice contains many chemicals, one of which is citric acid.

>>Thats still just an idiots way of describing things
Are you trying to say that normal people use words in conversations that aren't 100% literally correct per the dictionary? Wow! Better stop the presses, we've got a new first page for the newspaper!

what local butcher

and yet posts keebler townhouse crackers and wheat thins lmfao

Huh?

I believe most of us respond to 14 year olds on a daily basis and wonder why this board sucks so badly.

Global rule 2 isn't enforced anymore
Last week I got a ban for "trolling" in response to a post claiming to be 16, my post was deleted and the underage wasn't

Na man. Read about them. I read an article way back they have msg and additives in there. Its bad dude. I personally use columbus pre packaged meats or go to my local butcher.

Dude Dietz and Watson is wayy better that all this shit.

3 isn't enforced at all either, sadly.

I like food lion for D&W brand stuff and that is my go to when I can't make it to Publix for Boars Head

Yeah Dietz and Watson is good I go to Costco or Handy Mart in Burbank. I live in CA. I take it your a PA local? Foodlion only shows up in York PA.

South Carolina. There's a Food Lion on Augusta road then like 10 miles down there's a Publix. Their website may be screwy. They are southern after all.

I worked in a deli in highschool in a rich neighborhood full of snobby old people that thought boars head was made by Jesus or something. It's just as bad as anything else. Processed meat compacted in to fun shapes with a metric fuck ton of salt. Only thing worth a damn is the plain roast beef. like 60 mg of salt per serving(lower sodium turkey has 360) and each piece of meat comes from 1 cow.

It's a testament to the power of marketing. People will buy anything if you throw "natural" all over the place while you're slurping down your wad of a few dozen pigs smashed together. Used to get some interesting questions, almost daily.

>Is this 10+ lb. hunk of turkey from the same breast?
>Is this meat/cheese gluten free?
>Does this cheese have sodium nitrate?
>I'm trying to be healthier. Would you recommend me stuffing my face with white cheddar over yellow?
>Oh, I don't like yellow cheddar because the dyes in it made my kid autistic.

the condiments are GOAT though

I work at a deli that serves Boars head products along with our own stores. According to my manager, Boar's head is actually really picky about where their items are sold, which is why our store is the only one in town that serves their products.
Generally speaking, it does seem like higher quality products, and they offer a lot more variety then do.

Sounds odd to me. I see Boar's Head everywhere. Every supermarket I have ever visited in the USA has stocked it. It's far from rare.

Do you people realize boars head has products that aren't deli meat? Why is everyone so hung up on that.

>worked in a deli in highschool
>authority on deli meats

Do you realize several people have mentioned them already or did you not read the thread and just want to be Wonder Woman and save the day?

To be honest, our only other "competitors" are Wal-Mart and some Mexican meat markets, so that would explain the exclusivity. I live in a small town.

>Why is everyone so hung up on that.

Because they're known for their deli products. Nobody really cares about their other stuff.

Yes indeed.

As far as this board goes? That makes him a goddamn expert.

When you're exposed to something daily and are regularly quizzed on these things for a few years you pick up some basic knowledge such as whether or not it's a quality product worth your money.

Yet your knowledge is also limited to that of a supermarket deli, which in my experience rarely if ever have actually good deli meats. They just resell various brands that are all industrially produced crap. Working at a supermarket deli and then claiming authority on cured meats is about as silly as taking a middle school math class and then calling yourself an nuclear engineer.

Holyyyyyyy fucking AUTISM

>whether or not it's a quality product

If it's sold at a normal supermarket then no, it's not a quality product.

This is what quality deli meat looks like.

Oh no, user. This is a thread specifically about boars head deli products. If you go back and read my original post right here CAREFULLY you can see that I only opined on the topic at hand:boars head deli stuff. I only claimed to be an authority on boars head, specifically.

>resell various brands that are all industrially produced crap.
Thanks for your insight on how grocery stores work.

>Boar's head is actually really picky about where their items are sold
Lol, the skeezy bodega down the street that sells K2 and weird sex pills has a big boars head sign, your boss is gullible as fuck

He's actually right though....assuming one is talking about having ingredients of that quality. The trouble is, most of us don't have access to that, nor can we afford it even if we have access.

>weird sex pills

If it is available to you, Dietz & Watson meat is insanely higher quality than boar's head and usually about the same price or less.

He's right. It depends on the store's location. Also stores don't just get big frozen boxes of it. BH representatives personally come in and restock for the store and check the displays to make sure that the lighting hits the meat and cheese just right. It's pretty dumb but I guess there's a reason why their shit's so overpriced.

>Also stores don't just get big frozen boxes of it. BH representatives personally come in and restock for the store and check the displays to make sure that the lighting hits the meat and cheese just right

er no. this might have happened at your store but here it is stocked like anything else.

It happens in our store too. We personally never maintain their display but it always looks clean and well stocked.

Oh alright. I didn't know. I'd assume it was a pretty high profile location because I've never seen another store with more variety. Good ol snooty stores.