I've gone vegetarian because I think it's lazy...

I've gone vegetarian because I think it's lazy, hypocritical and evil to let someone else do the dirty work when it comes to slaughtering animals.

I, personally, would be very uneasy with the idea of killing animals myself to eat. And so I detest the idea of hiring out the work to these animal hitmen.

What right does anyone have to eat the meat of an animal that they're too cowardly or lazy to kill themselves? I totally respect hunters and any other meat-eater that knows how to kill and prepare an animal. It's just the entitlement of the people who don't that makes me sick.

What do you think, Veeky Forums? I've noticed no health benefits or improvements to my quality of life, apart from the fact that I feel happier and more comfortable with what I'm eating.

I think you're a fagu

I agree. It is hypocritical to eat meat and not be prepared to kill. My culinary goal is to buy a small pig, slaughter it, clean it, gut it, build a fire pit, and roast it.

I eat meat based on the fact i will one day look this piggu in the eyes and slit its throat.

Not having many friends is the only thing stopping me.

I agree, user. These days people don't know shit about how to grow their own food, or raise/hunt their own animals, and as a result they can have funny feelings about those things. It's one of many problems with our current industrialized food production system. Loss of quality is another.

>Not having many friends is the only thing stopping me.

Why would that stop you? Just because you can't eat the meat all at once doesn't mean you can't store it for use later. This is a great opportunity to learn about curing meats, making sausage, and so on. Not to mention there's always the freezer.

I've gone complete carnivore because I think it's lazy, hypocritical and evil to let someone else do the dirty work when it comes to growing produce.

I, personally, would be very uneasy with the idea of growing vegetables to eat. And so I detest the idea of hiring out the work to these botanical assassins.

What right does anyone have to eat the flesh of a plant that they're too cowardly or lazy to kill themselves? I totally respect farmers and any other gardener that knows how to grow and prepare a plant. It's just the entitlement of the people who don't that makes me sick.

What do you think, Veeky Forums? I've noticed no health benefits or improvements to my quality of life, apart from the fact that I feel happier and more comfortable with what I'm eating.

difference is, i don't think anyone is too cowardly to kill a plant

I do.

I want to spit roast all of it, that sort of rules out processing some of it. I could do it for myself but that just seems sort of greedy and lonely i want to cook this pig at a big ass party and share it with lots of people. It's half about the spectacle of roasting a whole pig on a spit, I want to do it justice.

If my life goes downhill eventually i'll just say fuck it and do it anyway lol, but hopefully i get a better chance one day.

I've gone clay tablet because I think it's lazy, hypocritical and evil to let someone else do the dirty work when it comes to building electronics.

I, personally, would be very uneasy with
the idea of soldering something myself to use. And so I detest the idea of hiring out the work to these taiwanees workers.

What right does anyone have to use the electronics of an taiwanees worker when they're too cowardly or lazy to solder themselves? I totally respect electrical engineets and any other electronics-buildet that knows how to solder and build electronics. It's just the entitlement of the people who don't that makes me sick.

What do you think, Veeky Forums? I've noticed no health benefits or improvements to my quality of life, apart from the fact that I feel happier and more comfortable with what I'm posting.

Around 8000 BC we moved from hunter-gatherer societies to agricultural ones where the surplus of food made it possible for people to specialize in other tasks than food production. I have a farmer who raises my meat, a trucker who transports it, a butcher who prepares it and a grocer who sells it to me. A single steak supports four people and their families directly, ensures the survival and quality of life for livestock and through taxation countless more. Feeling good has nothing to do with it, I don't need a daily dose of feelgood to justify my existence.

So you're basically saying if you aren't some hardcore badass tough guy you don't "deserve" to consume meat?

meh, that's not a great analog, considering there's no killing involved in creating electronics. ideally, anyway.

Who said anything about badass and tough?

It wasn't all that long ago when everyone (except, perhaps, the ultra-rich) were involved with raising, slaughtering, and cooking their own food. Being able to kill a pig wasn't "bad ass" or "tough". It was normal.

Haven't you ever talked to your grandparents or other older people about this kind of thing? Both of my parents literally grew up on farms. They helped out with raising the animals, slaughter, cooking them afterwards, etc.

>there's no killing involved in creating electronics.
There's plenty of it, if you consider the slave labor & environmental damage that comes with mining the metals used to make computer chips.

i did qualify that statement with the word 'ideally' for a reason, mate

So should we stop wearing clothing because we didn't hand-make it ourselves? What even is your point here? Are you aware how infantile your logic is?

>should we stop wearing clothing because we didn't hand-make it ourselves
Yes, but that's not as realistic or easy as eating meat you killed yourself. And there isn't any death inherent in making clothes.

(you)

It's called reductio ad absurdum, you mouth breather.

He's criticizing OP's way of thinking by taking it to it's (il)logical conclusion.

>So should we stop wearing clothing because we didn't hand-make it ourselves?

No, not at all.

>>What even is your point here?

That you don't have to be "baddass" or "tough" to kill your own meat, and that it's an easier and simpler process than many people seem to think it is.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it user. I'm saying that if you choose to do it yourself that doesn't make you a "badass" or anything special--instead, you'd be doing something that countless people have done before you. It's not special or rare.

And what do you specialize in? Where do you fit into this grand circle of life you've imagined for yourself?

>i know the names of arguements so that i can use their names in arguements

I'm not criticizing OP at all, I was replying to 7938212.

I was questioning how on earth he's associating the terms "Badass" and "tough" when it comes to slaughtering animals, when in fact it used to be a very normal thing that everyday people (e.g. not badasses) did.

A Cheese Burger is a Murder Rape combo.

Animals want to live life, they don't want to be murdered, enslaved, and raped for our taste buds. Meat is bad for you, and it does not taste good. We have been brainwashed into thinking that meat taste good.

>Being a well rounded and educated person is a personality flaw.

I've gone completely omnivore because I think it's lazy, hypocritical and evil to live in this world and not take advantage of all possible calorie sources.

I, personally, would feel dirty and wasteful for not consuming everything that Mother Nature allows us to eat. And so I detest the idea of eating only certain foods, while literally everything can give me sustenance.

What right does anyone have to throw away any food that's offered to them? I totally respect people who have issues digesting certain foods, and thus only eat things that won't kill them. It's just entitlement for the rest of us to ignore and throw away any food that they "don't like" or think they're "above eating" something. It makes me sick.

What do you think, Veeky Forums? I've noticed no health benefits or improvements to my quality of life, apart from the fact that u feel much more at oneness with the entire universe, since I now eat everything set out on Mother Nature's dinner table.

Using latin words is a personality flaw. Confederacy of dunces is cool though, you get a pass.

I don't disagree with you per se but this isn't really the write place for the argument