I recently found myself in possession of 4 rabbit livers and 8 rabbit kidneys. what do i cook?

I recently found myself in possession of 4 rabbit livers and 8 rabbit kidneys. what do i cook?

If I'm not mistaken, you're not suppossed to eat summer rabbit.

If they're good and fresh I'd just fry 'em up in a skillet with a little salt and pepper.

If they're of questionable quality then I'd go with something more thoroughly cooked & seasoned, like Dirty Rice.

It's true that the rabbits are more likely to be bad in the summer than other months, but OTOH you can easily see if the organs are any good or not once the rabbit is butchered. Don't see any weird signs inside? Eat it.

pate

kidney is horrendous dont eat it.

i can handle any organ meat except kidney

boil them and give them to your dogs

livers and kidneys are offal, don't eat them unless you're stuck in the wilderness.

These rabbits are from May, but they've been sitting in a freezer, until they were given to me. I'm cooking the rabbits but i dont know what to do with the origins

>livers and kidneys are offal
So? You don't like offal?

liver and kidney pie for sure

I generally like offal. I like tripe, heart, tongue, and gizzards, but i've never had liver or kidneys so i don't know what to do with them.

That sounds like a brit-bong dish. How do i make it? Google is only turning up results for Steak and Kidney

The same way as steak and kidney, user.

same way, just with liver instead of steak :)

Thanks friends. These were only 5 pound rabbits so I guess i'm going to make Liver and Kidney hot pockets.

some potatoes would make it go further, pies are good for that kind of thing

Ok cool. I'm new to this "Savoury Pie" business. Where I come from pies are sweet, like the lord intended.

you could try a liver and kidney pudding as well, made with suet :p

They are organs used to cleanse the body. There's all that shit that gets accumulated in the liver and kidneys over the course of the animal's lifetime that you're putting in your own body.

they don't store the shit they filter it out, and when you think about it the rest of an animal is just cells and that's just as disgusting.

Liver is the one part of an animal that you realistically eat raw.
I drank the blood of a freshly shot deer once, that was an awesome experience.

Are they delicious? Yes
Will they make you sick? No
So what's the problem?

It's not even a "filter". The liver secretes enzymes which literally destroy the things that it separates from the blood. It is by no means a "filter".

>separates from the blood
>destroys what it separated from the blood
>not a filter

Does the liver look like a sheet of fine mesh to you, user?

if you looked at it on a cellular lever you might find some membranes

>cellular lever

I seem to have typed lever instead of level, I do apologise.

I thought celluar lever was a scientific term, sorry man.

oh well now I feel like an asshole