What's the best food city in the USA? My vote goes to New Orleans, but I'm open to suggestions

What's the best food city in the USA? My vote goes to New Orleans, but I'm open to suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_New_England
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go about 135 miles to the west, and you'd be in the right spot.

Uh and where might that be? Nowhere LA?

Depends on what you're into.

Portland has some great food going on (or HAD, the californians have turned every other shop into an artisinal salt distributor)

Otherwise the south for bbq, the SW for mexican, the midwest for casserole

Lafayette, the best city for food in LA.

Quiet Houston, real cities are talking. You're not even the best in your state.

NOLA, NYC, LA, San Diego, Chicago.

Sadly have to add Vegas there as well, they've really stepped it up the past 10 years.

Austin and Portland both do the small city thing well, but have a problem with populations that just won't go past a certain price point.

>West

San Francisco

Wait... OP here. I've always thought Houston had excellent food. In addition to good Texmex, their Vietnamese and Chinese scene is excellent. It's not on par with New Orleans, but it's pretty damn good.

Hey, dumbass, Houston is much farther than 135 miles from NOLA. Lrn2geography.

Kansas City is underrated. Obviously the BBQ is great and well known but also a lot of great farm to table restaurants. Some really good chefs starting to move in. Influx of Vietnamese and Thai immigrants starting good restaurants. I'd say it's the best city not on the coasts. NOLA and NYC as others stated are probably the best overall

>Kansas City
>the BBQ is great and well known

Yeah, slathering ketchup onto meat isn't great barbeque

tfw NOLA is 350 miles from Houston like wtf they even talking about

It has good food, but it's not in the same class as the others listed. For Mexican and Chinese I'll take California.

Confirmed for having never been to Kansas City

New Orleans > SF > NYC > DC = LA > Charleston > Boston > Seattle > Chicago

Farm to table...where else??

This would be my soup for a last meal.

Memphis for pork BBQ, new Orleans for French/Cajun, Chicago for Pizza, Dallas for beef BBQ, Charleston for crab and traditional southern, Houston for tex-mex, new York for matzo balls

>all of these flyovers

>tfw it's too hot out for soup

I'm gonna have to try this with gator once it cools off a bit.

san fran, seattle, protland. LA if you want mexico. then texas if you want anything else. East coast in new england isn't bad either, but for the most part you wont find anything on that side you can't get on the other. If you really like cheese though, milwaukee and new york move up on the table.

This is best for overall food. quality, veriety, and quantity averaged. this is why west coast is better, it's not based on exclusives or the 'best' restaurants' but what you're actually going to probably be eating,.

new orleans has good food but it's not worth going there and getting raped or shot up by fundies and dragged from the back of a truck, most of it's food can be had forther northeast or in pockets on the west coast. At most you're missing some french but its just not enough to tip the scales.

Pinko west coast tranny detected

>durr I'm a fucking hard core deliverance redneck
good for you, the rest of the world, however, has already acknowledge and understands that a melting pot of cultures without racial and social hatred produces better food as foreign cuisines find foot holds and actually feel comfortable and confident enough to put down what they eat for your enjoyment instead of general tsaos and spring rolls.

If you wanted to be the most religiously pure and conservative state, you are damn near succeeding, no need to bitch that your food is suffering as a result. That is literally just math. Most of the food in the world isn't made by people who think like you. A metric fuck ton of that food is amazing. theyre not going to move somewhere full of mcarthy era crack pots who get upset by differences from themselves.

>projecting this hard

Don't worry, the rest of the world is pretty happy they arnt San Fransisco. Moreover, migration beyond what economics naturally brings in is generally undesirable; but beyond this if having a lack of barbarian Somalians in my city means I don't have access to Somalian food, it's a trade I'm willing to make. Maybe I should be more gluttonous.

Or are you just the type who thinks that because something is cooked on the west coast it just tastes better? I'm from the East Coast and have never even been to Louisiana, you're just a faggot desu senpai

>if you don't live in california/oregon/washington/texas, you live in the Midwest
See, this is why people hate west coast fags. Your head is stuck so far up your own ass.

Gentlemen, I don't give a shit. Your arguments about which is better should be related to food.

Portland has had a large population of Somalians move here over the last few years and I enjoy Somali restaurants, they have amazing food. You're missing out

>diversity is great, just think of all the great food and music we get!
>just ignore the crime rates and decreasing societal togetherness
Sounds like there are more cons than pros. Thank god for amazon being willing to ship me strange ingredients and the internet for inducing me to various recipes without the need to destroy my place of residence in the name of diversity.

I'm actually pretty fine with this list

Charleston is usually tremendously underrated

it's very good, I normally hate seafood soups but I love turtle and alligator.

>NYC

I hear extremely good reviews about turtle soup

>>diversity is great, just think of all the great food and music we get!
>>just ignore the crime rates and decreasing societal togetherness

Real diversity is fucking great. Indians, chinks, japs, bring great food and are more productive than established Americans.

Niggers on the other hand, destroy and fuck up anything they touch.

Please stop using the SJW definition of "Diversity" where it only applies to lowlife niggers.

k. thx. shie shie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_New_England

To be fair, the Union Oyster House is a meme. Take care to avoid, except maybe in winter at lunchtime on a weekday.
Also, Maine is actually Massachusetts clay.

I have to agree.

Where's that delicious looking muff from, OP?

Also some dank looking turtle soup

Thank fuck for that

well what type of food are we talking about?

if its anything, you could check out "Jaxon's ice cream parlor" down in here in florida.

their food is great, but this place is widely known for their ice creams and deserts.

especially their famous "chocolate suicide" sunday

damn it OP, i lowkey want to KMS with Chocolate right now

Chicago

>I'm a fucking moron.
you're the idiot up your own ass making a generalization. the problem with the east coast isn't ignorance, it's being on the other fucking side of a continent where as the west is pointed at asia and is next to mexico. you basically have all of europe at your disposal which would be nice but a lot of european foods are standard in america anyway, what exclusives you have do not make up for what the west coast has.

>I've never been to louisiana so I have an opinion on it's food.
good for fucking you I guess. not sure what youre ass mad about, you basically already agree with me, you put your political concerns and paranoia in front of food. Unfortunately, this isn't a city popularity contest, nor does it have anything to do with which races and cultures you think are superior to others. This is about food. Maybe you should try rereading the op as a refresher.

All of my comments have been food focused,

Listen, dumbfuck, maybe it slipped your mind, but this isn't pol. no one cares if you think living next to darkies is worth having shittier food, this is about which cities have the best food and why.

great arguement as to why florida is the best food city in america

my apologies for the confusion over the type of food, we were indeed discussing ice cream

I would say NYC in terms of sheer variety and in terms of sandwiches but if you're looking for something specific, another city is probably a bit better.

florida isn't the best place for food, i thought it was obvious as to why i only named one place

other than jaxon's, the food down here sucks

the best food city, but best USA cities based on food are everywhere.

best chinese food "could be" located in chinatown in new york. used to live next to that place, went there all the time.

or best italian food could be in hartford, conneticut since they have a high ethnic concentration of italian people and restaurants.

'Mozzicato DePasquale' and 'Carbone's' have really good pasta dishes.