Explain to me why this is hype given it has one of the better track records for partnerships...

Explain to me why this is hype given it has one of the better track records for partnerships, integration into existing ecosystems, and a rebrand coming on Monday with potentially more partnership announcements.

What are its flaws? Genuinely curious, because I was to disconfirm my own bias.

Only flaw is BTC pairing and that will be changing this year.

No Whitepaper!

/thread

Can't other protocols solve for this? Like Fairx building on top of SDEX to leverage atomic pathfinding for easy and fast swaps between any crypto/fiat?

Or is that what you meant?

Aren't white papers essentially just content marketing in most cases? I mean, the team seems to have SOMETHING if they're able to onboard such large partners and gain a national government's endorsement. Just curious how much weight they truly hold

All the whitepaper fudders realize this. They r fudding on the offchance some retards believe it.

white papers are for theoretical application. Apparently vechain is beyond theoretical and has a real world product. Like you said, how else would they on board real partners?

This.
That is not even a flaw the partnerships and working product trump it. Sunny said its coming this month or next month anyways.

fair point. hadn't thought of white papers like that

I once worked for a software startup. we invented a bunch of bullshit and had nothing more than a whitepaper.

Once we had an actual demo the whitepaper went in the trash never to be seen again

Simply put, Ven is shady. Sunny Lu is a convicted thief/accused rapist. The "partnerships" are nothing(think along the lines of IBM sponsoring a school Science fair or something). The thor token will be useless because of aforementioned reason. We're looking at $6-7 EOY max, and this is coming from a HUGE Vechain fan.

White papers are like business plans, you have one in the early stages of the project. People aren't asking to see Apples business plan right? Vechain has had a working product for a while now. They don't need fuckin white paper.

Found the FUD'er. You're spouting bullshit memes about Sunny at this point. And the partnerships. Claiming you're a fan doesn't bring validity or evidence to anything you just said.

>>partnerships are nothing

It's not fud if it's true, user is right.

ven chain is wanna be waltencoin

Do u have autismo

you're retarded if you don't realize something shady is going on. i've come across at least 5 testimonies of people who had been raped by sunny

show me Walton's tech. Oh wait.

You seem like a reasonable guy pursuing objective truth, so I'll give you my only hesitations:

BTC pairing. Fiat gateway will be coming soon, but this market is intrinsically pegged to BTC regardless. Ethereum and litecoin make this perfectly clear.

Other than that, I've really got nothing. This whole thing seems too good to be true honestly. The idea that corporations will be paying NEETs like me for my node generation (THOR) just seems wildly outlandish. But the model that Vechain has described in detail gives me no rational reason to believe it won't happen.

I suppose the only thing truly worrisome is the possibility of a black swan. This is emerging technology in a rapidly changing field. Who knows what the hell would happen. We can only work with the limited information we have. But so far it looks amazing. The partnerships, the all star team, the cordial communication etc

buy walban . its better

It is a blockchain for wine... wine. That's all the fud you need.

the "sunny/shady" meme is old.

let me quote my boy Sunny Lu here 'POW. ER TO THE PEOPLE" MOTHERFUCKER. This is a once in a lifetime opportuniy

Thanks for your articulate response. I hope the pairing issue resolves soon.

Agreed in regards to the speculative black swan. My worry is some new platform coming in and doing to VeChain what Facebook did to MySpace.

Grats on being a node maintainer. I wish I'd bought in early at that level.

Ugh we’ve no idea what THOR price will be...

I'm not worried about horizontal competition necessarily. VeChain has this sector by the balls and their tech has been in development for years. It's more so some larger vulnerability related to crypto or something much more unpredictable.

I mean, is that really a huge concern? THOR won't be generated until the mainnet launches in June, and even then, it'll intrinsically be adding value as a transactional subcurrency, wouldn't it? So why would THOR's valuation deter/dilute the value of VET?

Vechain existed before walton so the whole vechain wannabe walton shit is retarded

Free money. How is this bad?

Can’t wait for you lazy newfag brainlets to lose your shirt and kys

how I bought at .25 cents kys faggot

Very shady coin sirs, pls not buying sirs very very poor. pls considering the walton cone sirs

if youre waiting for the whitepaper to buy it will be too late. the fact all these massive companies are partnering with them shows they know something we dont.

>what is opportunity cost

kek you keep telling yourself that while you get rekt on your trades and I hodl the only coin that matters for the next 5 years.

Semi unrelated but has their been any official statement on the actual architecture of THOR integration on the blockchain? Since solidity will be used can we assume something similar to an ERC20 on the new chain?

Fuck you my strength node will benefit my descendants for generations

Much bigger fan here, YUGE fan! Sunny gave me a reach around, charged me in WTC, what the fuck! Anyway 1$ EOY if were lucky.

yes mr. jeet, thank you mr. jeet

The essential difference between Vechain and Walton is the layer at which the blockchain is implemented. Walton has patents on the txID-reading RFID chips with memory, which allows the blockchain to be implemented in the foundational level through the RFIDs. They are world leaders in chip technology, and make their own chips. Vechain does not make their own chips. They outsource the hardware, and have the hardware made compatible with their blockchain via API. So their blockchain is implemented several layers up in the application layer, through business-centralized control. So, Vechain is inherently less decentralized and less secure.

This is the essential difference, and it's not a deal-breaker for Vechain, but it is a fact, and it does matter. Walton is somewhat ironically better at authentication than Vechain for this reason, despite Vechain's original main use-case as an anti-counterfeiting product (they've since expanded their use-case into cold logistics and other areas).

But there are other advantages to making your own chips. Vechain is using someone else's hardware and then repurposing it for their blockchain. Walton has built the chip from the ground up to be compatible with the blockchain and improved the standard chip to be much more advanced, with encryption, fine minute movement detection, anti-collision logic to prevent skipping, low voltage technology so the chips can last more than 20 years, and other advancements over standard chips. Making their own chips also makes them cheaper. Standard RFIDs are 15 to 20 cents. Walton's are less than 5.

This is bullshit copy pasta that you Walton lemmings go around saying without knowing what the fuck you are talking about. Do you even know what an API is? Walton needs an API also that is what makes it direct to blockchain. Vechain hadn't even heard of Walton until this shitty copy pasta started going around. They are going to beat Walton the fuck down in part 4 of their AMA after the rebrand event.
SEPTWOLVES KEK I WONT EVEN BRING IT UP YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING IRRELEVANT SOON I WILL BATH IN YOUR FUCKING SALTY WALTY TEARS

In a new interview with GQ, “The Mummy” star alleges that Sunny assaulted him at the Beverly Hills Hotel in the summer of 2003.

“His left hand reaches around, grabs my ass cheek, and one of his fingers touches me in the taint. And he starts moving it around,” the actor said. Sunny recounted the incident in his memoir “I'll kung your pow,” but said he pinched Fraser’s behind as a joke. According to Fraser, though, it wasn’t a joke, and he was overcome with fear and had to remove Sunny's hand.

I never study engineering so I have no idea what you are talking about and whether you are saying the truth.