Gator meat

Is it worth driving 45 minutes out into the swamp to buy gator meat from a sketchy swamp butcher? What's a reasonable price to pay?

>Interacting with flyovers
No
Order online

>Charleston
>flyover

son

Invest in a good rifle and you'll never have to pay for gator meat ever again.

civilians shouldn't own guns, I'm simply trying to buy some fucking meat not train to be a serial killer

OP here, have guns, but not big enough calibur, and no waders.

No, it's the chicken of the swamp.

>Oh_boy_here_we_go.jpg

Not sure on bulk meat like that. I've only ever gotten it got free from family members. I know you can buy it at one place in the Italian Market here in Philly that specializes in rare game. Not sure how much they want per pound though. Maybe a quick Google?

Only info I can find on the place is that it's run by an 80 year old man out of his garage.

1 9 8 4

Any state with North, South, East, or West in the name is, by definition, FLYOVER

>muh freedoms
Follow that logic and you have another Dallas sniper situation
Is this what gun nuts want?

Oh I meant Google and see what the usually going price is that way he doesn't rob you blind. Like see how much it usually goes for on the internet.

I live in Charleston and get gator filet from a trailer down a spooky dirt road. These things are fucking rats down here, but ya it's def tasty. Just don't act like a bitch when you talk to them

also not much. I pay about $7/lb but I've known the guy for years and go shrimping with him sometimes

Bacon's Bridge Road?

Down 61. We're probably thinking of the same guy t b h. does he also sell ostrich and possum and shit?

That's the one! my coworker recommended him but I didn't know what he'd charge for gator. was planning on making a turtle (gator substituted) soup. I should take a picture of that sketchy-ass sign out front of his road.

haha yeah i definitely had some reservations going down the first time, but he's a nice guy. I'd wait a bit tho cause alligator season officially started today, and you might be able to get the meat cheaper since he'll have more of it.

i def recommend just frying some of the meat you get first tho. some gators are real tough to eat depending on how age and all.

That's a good thought, guess I'll give it a couple of weeks. Is there anything else he has that you'd recommend specifically? (it's cool as shit that there's somebody on here who's actually met this guy btw, thanks for your advice)

>tfw 2 hillbillies use the same old guy down a spooky path for alligator and actually find each other on a Cambodian mahjong board

I propose a meetup and you post results/live thread the cook sesh on Veeky Forums of this gator meat.

The internet's a wonderful thing isn't it?

yeah desu I'd try anything from him given the novelty of it. He has some weird shit.

My best advice would be just to get to know the guy. He's got kickass recipes for venison and the man's a fucking machine. REAL fuckin country tho so you might have to just nod through everything he says.

maybe. last guy I met up with from CHS ended up meeting me at waffle House and eating two bowls or bacon and gravy. I always light up a blunt with the grill master cuz he gives me free food and man fuck this guy smoked an entire pack of Newports in the ten minutes we took.

that man was unhinged

There was a restaurant in Kenya which served gator meat. Tastes like chicken.

>bacon and gravy

did you mean biscuits or was this a true madman

just a plate of bacon and a bowl of gravy

Can you buy it online? I live in Kansas and have no idea how to get it either.

swampy chicken that tastes like crotchrot

cant you just go out to a restaurant and get gator there? p much every family restaurant where i live sells gator on the menu.

Yeah you can get gator lots of places but it's usually pretty expensive so I'm not sure what a fair price for alligator tail is.

Then where did your swamp butcher get the meat from, you fucking idiot? An alligator tree?

>Telling people to poach gators
Have fun with your retarded fucking fine and engorged asshole.

Gotta' break some eggs to make an omelette, partner.

Call up butchers in Louisiana and other places and see if they'll ship it to you.

There's a lot of sites that will ship it if you google.

It tastes too similar to chicken to be worth it.

??? Have you actually tried it?

Wild gator tastes way different because of the diet. The texture of the meat is very different too since there is almost no fat.

it's like if you had chicken and the gaminess of rabbit which desu is a completely different taste

You can kill a gator with a .22 if you've got good aim.

You need to enter a raffle to get a gator hunting permit here in florida and you are only allowed to kill a certain amount.

Southern California ain't no flyover

Fucking can't stop laughing at "grillmaster," I've never heard of anyone with that job title, especially at a Waffle House, but I hope that it's official

>SoCal
>State

I'm from South Chicago, we aren't no flyover

You shouldn't be able to drive a vehicle because a crazy person could drive it into a crowd like in France!

You shouldn't be able to own a knife or else a crazy person could go on a stabbing spree in a mental institution like in Japan!

it's the real deal famalam

comes with a red hat and everything

Oy vey don't forget the axe wielding refugee in Germany, or the one refugee who exploded, or that one crazy time they flew planes into our buildings

Nice bait

You're right! Such incidents wouldn't be possible if we were back in the Stone Age. Just ban black, shiny assault rocks and we're good.