Hey Veeky Forums I just moved into an apartment that doesn't have a garbage disposal...

Hey Veeky Forums I just moved into an apartment that doesn't have a garbage disposal. I'm at a bit of a loss about how to clean my pans now. Do I just use a shitload of paper towels?

Be more specific.

My past two apartments didn't have one. Fuck that, honestly. Garbage disposals make life so much better.

But yeah, all I can recommend is a shitload of paper towels. Paper bowls/plates can also make things easier.

Are stairs/access to the outside a problem?
You get a bin and bin liners and you put your excess food and wastage into the bin and when it's full you take out the bins

I'm just so used to being able to rinse any food residue down the drain without a problem.
Third floor apartment. When I was younger at my parents' house, I'd just take it out to the compost pile, but now I'm living with three other roommates and we're a bit tight for space.

Hahahaha what?
You scrape into the garbage instead of into the sink.
Get some dish soap on a sponge and clean the inside out.
Did your parents actually not teach you how to clean fucking dishes?

why don't you try finishing your food so there's nothing left to dispose of

What is this third world bullshit?

This. What the fuck, OP.

you need to get a drain sieve. a steel trap that collects solid waste above a certain size. then when it fills up you empty it out by hand. it's pretty straight forward

Imagine being such a fat blubberclap that even basic critical thinking tasks stump you

Not OP, but the common Norwegian household does not have a garbage disposal. Hell, in several counties it's downright illegal to have one, due to rat issues and the government promoting waste sorting (that stuff is taught early in school, so it's no problem)

you eat the food, throw away any scraps and wash the pans, why the hell would you need paper towels?

Put a filter in your sink so it catches all the crud
Then empty it into the garbage

Toss it into the bin?

Americans are so lazy they invented a sink bin because they can't be assed to move two feet and scrap their food into a bin.

Veeky Forums has taught me a lot about merica.
Like rice cookers... Wtf, why can't you just boil it in a pot?

Do you third world shitters seriously not have a compost program

>rice cooker
>americans
Shit mate, Veeky Forums taught me all about stupidity but you take the cake.

>What your place of origin doesn't have a compost program?

Translation places without garbage disposals have shitty swear systems.

All sewer systems are shitty, that's their entire purpose.

wtf is a garbage disposal and how does it relate to cleaning pans?

I'm not 100% sure since we have our own term for it but I'm pretty sure he mean a food shredder installed under the sink to prevent food from clogging the drain.

We have special bins for food waste. It gets composted.

Hate to break it to you, but Asians aren't the ones using them en masse.
Do u really need a fucking gadget to boil rice? It's fucking impossible to mess up.

Thanks for clarifying. My advice is to empty the food waste into trash/compost and proceed to clean the pans as normal. If your sink doesn't already have a strainer to catch smallish pieces of food, then get one.

Just go buy one and install it. its really fucking easy.

[citation needed]

>u

Dumb phone poster.