I am a carnie who works in this burger stand, ask me anything. Also, give me suggestions for new menu items

I am a carnie who works in this burger stand, ask me anything. Also, give me suggestions for new menu items.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-make-perfect-pulled-pork
youtube.com/watch?v=bzsg98PGmQA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you wash your hands frequently?

Some kinda sausage-and-peppers sandwich?

Funnel cake also things battered with funnel cake and deep fried.

is it just steakums?

Here's the menu since OP is a fag

I should add that our current menu includes burgers, philly cheesesteaks, corn dogs, onion rings, french fries, and soda.

We have three specialty burgers:

Deluxe: Lettuce Onion Tomato
Bacon Western: Bacon, cheddar, bbq
Mushroom & Swiss: Self explanatory

Yes

Now I want curly fries.

What if you made acheesy corndog? I was gpnna say regular dogs but I feel like you probably already decidsed against them

Get them. We just cut 1 1/2 potatoes and fry them and add salt. $6 for an item that costs 50 cents and people never stop ordering them.

Yeah, corn dogs are much more space-efficient, and batter is way cheaper than buns. We have melted cheese that we could use for corn dogs but no one has ever asked for that.

They just dont know they want it yet

burger stands do all they can do with the gear they have. I'd concentrate on throwing "twists" into your dishes. Juicy-lucies. Spiral cut potatoes and hot dogs. etc.

CHEESE FRIES $4 ????!!!!!!

COMBO MEAL $12 ??!!

is this the apocalypse? is a blowjob included?

We play county fairs and music festivals. We are comparable, if not more reasonable, than every other stand on the midway.

ok, ok. if everyone else charges that much so be it. people are captive audiences at that point and will buy whatever.

The local event over the weekend sold $5 little ceasar pizza for $20.

Sounds about right. Buying pizza is one of the worst mistakes you can make at a fair. It will never be fresh.

The simplest idea would be combining food items into one sandwhich. Like a Philly burger, topped with cheddar and the steak. Or a Rodeo Burger, Western + Onion Rings

I also see a Kraut burger. Why the deception OP?

We stopped selling the Kraut burger when we ran out of kraut. No one ever buys it.

You with it?

Yes, now stop asking me to play your stupid water balloon racing game.

Fail.
Next time somebody asks you try "with it and for it."

How do you feel about those mini brown sugar donuts?

Delicious

This. This post is wisdom. I want a cheesy corn dog now that my mind has been opened to the possibilities.

Damn. Now I want a cheesy corn dog. Never thought of it but why not? How could it not taste good, and it's different. OP you need to work on selling cheesy corn dogs.

Who is your supplier? US Foods? Sysco?

Do you have to change the lightbulbs or who does that?

Since it's basically a mobile kitchen, what can of set up-take down prep is done?

Do you use curly fries for the cheese fries? How do the portions compare? Do you just have regular fries?

Why do you offer nothing sweet?

How often do they do money drops when you're at an event on a Friday or Saturday night?

>no footlong corndogs

If I can't buy 6 of those bad boys and look like Logan, then you've lost my business.

>Who is your supplier? US Foods? Sysco?
Restaurant Depot
>Do you have to change the lightbulbs or who does that?
I've never personally done it. The bulbs go out so rarely, I can't even remember the last time one of us had to.
>Since it's basically a mobile kitchen, what can of set up-take down prep is done?
I don't really understand the wording of this question, but during take-down, all supplies get emptied out and dishes put away. It takes a considerable amount of time (about 2-2.5 hours)
>Do you use curly fries for the cheese fries? You can have regular fries with cheese or curly fries with cheese. Adding cheese is $1 more
How do the portions compare?
Curly fries are enough for 2-3 to share, regular fries are a portion for 1.
Do you just have regular fries?
Yes, but not fresh cut like the curly fries. We have to buy frozen ones.
>Why do you offer nothing sweet?
So many other stands sell sweet things that it doesn't make sense for us to sell them, too. Sometimes, we don't do corn dogs at a fair because there are already too many places that sell corn dogs. We focus on burgers and phillies, which is more unique.
>How often do they do money drops when you're at an event on a Friday or Saturday night?
Almost never

I have to boil some andouille sausage and I need to know whether I wait till the water's boiling to put them in or stick them in from the start

I'd say put them in from the start, though I'm not super knowledgeable about that.

You put them in when the water's boiling. That's what I do, at least. It lets me control the cooking time at a constant and known temperature.

You got any biscuits for sale in there?

Is it true chicks like to fuck random carnie workers?

I'd buy it

sure, idiot. females love fucking absolute losers. its an evolution thing. total losers end up being the best providers for the offspring. society is their bowl of cherries.

>Middle-class cuck this fucking assravaged.

>Jefferson County
kek, you fucking hick,

Have you ever spit in someone's food?

funnel cake, maybe, if there aren't too many other people selling it. you'd have all the equipment necessary

funnel cake is the GOAT sweet snack at carnivals
next to cotton candy

Throw some curry in your menu, it's superboring atm

Yes, but they're usually hideous chicks. I got lucky with a 7/10 girl at a fair last year, but I am also much less gross than most carnies.

No, but I've been tempted many times, especially at urban spots when the upper middle class assholes come to the fair, order $50 worth of shit, and then get mad when it's not out the window before we've rung them up.

Haven't seen anyone suggest cactus fries/butterfly fries.

Get a powerdrill and a wood planer
Attach a potato to the drill
Take the planer to it

Long, curly strands of pencil-shaving like potato material. Deep-fry in as big of a wad as you can, apply seasoning.

How do vendors get rid of vendors who don't overprice everything?

What's the worst city?

Too lazy to read the thread. Cheap things you could maybe do: fried buffalo chicken wraps, sausage + onion, and sausage gravey w/cheap biscuits. They do this shit at the bar I work at and people love it.

Buffalo is good because the buffalo usually masks any fuck ups in taste. Throw lettuces etc in there idk.

Sausage and sausage gravy/biscut are good because niggas like "muh brawt+roll+onion" and sausage gravy+biscut is not just an easy to cook heart attack, but also very tasty.

Why not just use an apple peeler instead?

It's a circus, people want to see crazy over the top things.

I had a good laugh. thanks user

>kraut burger
How did i not know of this sooner?

deep fried cheese curds.

they are the most popular food at the minnesota state fair

Menu Suggestion.

Donut Burgers. It's simple. You take a glazed donut, cut it if half and grill it slightly, cut side down.

Take your regular beef patty.

Cheese.

Crispy, Crispy bacon.

A fried egg.

And sandwich those between the donut. Charge 8 bucks for the whole thing. Sell out every night.

"But that doesn't seem ethical." WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT ETHICS YOU FUCKING CARNY! THIS IS MORE MONEY FOR CHEAP BLOW AND HOOKERS!

You sell the damn things for more then they're worth!

I have a menu idea, but since you don't actually make shit, I doubt you could even manage it...

>calzones

This

Also i want a corndog where the hotdog is injected with fake cheese sauce first. Please dear god

Poor jacks?

Those prices are damn good.

The last time I was at the fair, a corn dog, lemonade, and funnel cake was $25.

> I'm a carnie
> That means I eat meat
> Like, a vegan, but with meat
> Ask me anything, go ahead, validate my worth

It's almost like a whole generation lied to their kids and told them that they were all special and unique

Red onion rings, deep fried jerky, fried olives/ green or black.

What is the weirdest carnie you have ever met?

do you...not know what a carnie is?

Probably the bearded lady who is slightly autistic and is only allowed to run the merry-go-round.

>give me suggestions for new menu items.

Pulled pork. Its all the rage over here in Britland.

bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-make-perfect-pulled-pork

Are... are you being serious

Lol you fuckin' retard he's a carnival worker.
I swear meat really is vital for brain function.

Am i late to the party...?

A carnie is one who works at a carnival you dipshit

>Also, give me suggestions for new menu items
Fried chicken cutlet

Did I just hear "cheesy corn dog?"

TOPKEK

Wrap anything in bacon, batter it, then fry it.

Deep fried thanksgiving dinner

youtube.com/watch?v=bzsg98PGmQA

PHILLY AND CHEESE FRIES PLEASE

WHERE IS YOUR BEER STAND?

>i'm a carnie

Get over yourself, OP. You're a part-time fast food worker.

How do you win over the hornets trust an acceptance?

Whats the grossest thing to go on in that kitchen that people are unaware of?

Why is there no picture for cheese fries?

Bacon Western
Onion rings
Mtn Dew
Please

>Vegans
I hope you are enjoying your B12 :^)

If we're in wisconsin, probably within a few yards. If in Illinois, hidden, far away from everything else.

We don't. They die painful deaths when they stupidly fall into the corn dog fryer.

We keep a pretty clean shift. Sometimes we munch on some of our own fries when it's not busy, but that's about it.

We forgot

Your prices are criminal! It's people like you that force me to save it for home

Your prices are criminal! I should burn your stand down

I will never understand what people see in beer batter onion rings
panko or gtfo

See

>kibeling
>Bitterballen
>Frikandellen
>Anything deepfried
>Patatas oorlong
>Cevapi
>Deep fried pancakes Hortobagy

Your prices are criminal!
*teleports behind you punches you in the face shattering your orbital bone instantly*

I was really fucking confused why you thought carnival people only ate meat, but then I noticed you were stupid. Have a nice day.

The burger prices are acceptable, provided the taste is decent.
The price of the fries and the combo are terrible, unless they're offering a shit ton of them.

What's you net profit each week/month?

You should put hamburgers and cheesteaks on the menu. French fries would be good too.

Why did you take me into the back of your cart and touch me inappropriately. You have caused me so much pain in my life.

Ha. Haha. Hahaha.

I could make a killing selling those same burgers for half the price.