We need to discuss the Taco Bell quesadilla

We need to discuss the Taco Bell quesadilla.
There are two elements of it that simply cannot be duplicated at home and I'm not talking about the shredded cheese or the frozen grilled chicken or steak strips, no. For one thing, the tortilla they use is unlike any store bought flour tortilla I've ever tried....which, when cooked on the stove, get crispy the longer you heat....once you get that browning effect it is generally a bit crisp, which is fine, but there is something to be said about Taco Bells tortilla which somehow browns giving you that nice taste but remains very soft, almost as if it was barely heated at all, how is this done? What kind of tortilla do they use? And secondly, the more obvious thing....the special sauce, which I believe they call "jalapeno sauce", is simply to die for....how is it made? Any former or current Taco Bell employees have the info?

It's soft because it's wrapped in that paper bag in the picture, and it steams.

1) it's just a plain flour tortilla. It browns like any other tortilla does. The reason it stays "moist" inside is because they cook it in a panini press, so there's no room for moisture to escape. You can do the same thing in an ordinary frying pan by putting a 2nd pan on top of the quesadilla.

>>special sauce
It's very "meh", if you ask me. I'm not sure why you'd want to copy this when there are a zillion better sauces out there. But, this may help you: it's obviously mayo based given the color and the taste. If you asked me to duplicate it I'd start with mayo, then season from there. You could get some ideas by looking at the ingredients list on their website.

> Switched from swing to night shift recently.
> I'm awake for the breakfast menu now.

I don't even feel bad about it health-wise, because night shift fucks with my stomach so much so it's the only full meal I'm hungry enough to eat each day.

Kill yourself, loserboy.

They sell that sauce at the grocery store

Wrong

They use the same jalapeno sauce they use for their breakfast crunchwraps

They don't really put the chipotle sauce on much there except for the chipotle chicken griller and some of their limited time stuff

Sauce: ex gf worked at tbell

It's fucking terrible and your taste buds are so fucked that you actually think it's better than any properly made one.

You can fix it with a bullet.

>stop liking what I don't like

>defending human dogfood
Dude...

The chipotle sauce they put on the mini quesadillas is gross desu, I don't understand why the jalapeno sauce isn't used. Would it cost extra to swap them?

I got one of their new flatbread sandwiches and this shit was literally dripping out of it, couldn't taste anything except shitty chipotle
Taco Bell needs to learn to cool it with the sauce

normally I don't like to talk about pooping around here because it isn't classy while others talk about food

but it's not just me right, when you poop after eating one of those it smells exactly like the sauce, right?

Former taco bell cunt here

Everything comes in bags so don't bother asking fast food bitches how to make it

Also you sous vide the chicken in seasoning to make fast food grade chicken

Google brings up this copycat for the sauce on multiple websites.

¼ cup mayo
2 tablespoons jalapeno slices
2 teaspoons of the water/ juice the jarred jalapenos are in
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
⅛ teaspoon garlic
⅛ teaspoon cayenne
salt to taste

that's like the one thing from Taco Bell that's actually good

Go into a taco bell and ask to buy a bottle of sauce and bag of tortillas. Better yet, call the store at 9:00 AM on a weekday and make this request. You're a big boy, I bet you can figure it out

yup. also, ever notice that mcd's farts smell disturbingly like mcd's?

Yes, yes, and more yes

don't try, it makes chlorine gas
Source: WW1 German Soldier

pretty sure the sauce is just some fucked up version of sour cream you could probably find an imitation online