As a server, I must tell you guys that there is nothing I can do about that crying child unless the customers complain

As a server, I must tell you guys that there is nothing I can do about that crying child unless the customers complain.
Preferably where the parents can see.
Also, ask a server anything.

Are old people more intolerable than young adults?

Do you have any stories about picky eaters?

if someones complains do you ask them to leave?

The age of veganism and gluten intolerance is really starting to sucks.

Old people are ok unless they are in pain, then thy can be horrifying.

I was never beaten as a child and I came out fine, but pictures like that make me realize that not all children are the same. Looks like that kid is what, 5? And look at how it turned out. Five years of beatings to make up for. Better order a few rounds because this is going to take a while.

God I hate kids so much I think I could have a stroke just thinking about it, and I'm as fit as a triathlete.

>The age of veganism and gluten intolerance is really starting to sucks.
Any interesting stories?

I worked at a place in a small mountain resort town and the owner was also the cook.
He did not like substitutions or improvising.
If someone was too much of a pain they simply did not get served.
God I miss that place.
We had a vegan couple pitch a total fit.
Customer told theme they were not fitting in.
Everyone laughed and they left.

If I start complaining about some kid screaming and ruining my dinner.
Can I get the meal comped?

If a kid ruins my meal the parents better pay for it

In Donald Trump's America you will be able to kick them out on a whim.

>Are old people more intolerable than young adults?

Not OP but I am a server. Just reading the question made my heart skip a beat. Old people are easily the worst demographic.

Stories pls

>more salt, this is completely underseasoned
>more salt
>more salt!
It's too salty!

i would vote for any politician who ran on a platform like this.

>pictures like that make me realize that not all children are the same
You're suggesting some children are genetically wired to be positively receptive to being beaten.
Well your parents get points for not beating you, they still fucked up somewhere.

Children don't need to be beaten, they just need discipline. A screaming five year old is the product of parents who are more concerned about being their infant's friend than its carer. Children need to learn from a very early age how to handle not getting their way all of the time, and that they're not the centre of the universe. A lot of parents fail at this most basic and important part of the job.

I know your feels, user.

>It's a "only one of us brought all 20s and the rest want to pay by card" episode

I don't get what the deal is with old people and salt, is it because your taste dulls when you get older or something?

My mother is an evil old hag and she dumps salt on mcdonalds fries and on pizza. She makes soup with the same taste as salt mouth rinse and then says that she didn't make it salty enough

>salt mouth rinse
I lol'd.
My parents aren't exactly health nuts, but they're adamant about keeping as little salt as possible in the food they cook. Which is none. So a lot of homemade dishes range from kinda to absolute crap because it's not seasoned.

This is far more common.

>is it because your taste dulls when you get older or something?

Yes. How did you not know that?

Same reason why many foods you hated as a kid are palatable to you when you're an adult.

Not him but
>work in a teriyaki shop
>because of muh gluten phase we have a giant as fuck sign that says "warming: teriyaki sauce contains "gluten, and soy"
>some 2 asian girls walk in one day
>they ask for brown rice "because its gluten free"
>they ask me if diet soda has gluten

woah forgot the best part
>they take the teriyaki sauce thats right under the WARNING and dump it on their beef bowls

>t. Mom science daily

I'm a server, but I work at a shitty restaurant. Worked the lunch shift today and made 16 dollars. Good customers though.

Do you feel like serving has made you racist? Whites, hispanics, and weirdly, jews always give me good tips while blacks and asians tip like garbage. Fucking italians tip SO MUCH, if you are italian, I love you.

Basic physiology famlay. Your senses dull as you age. Unless you are peter pan.

Blacks in America lack class and have come to expect being given things, and not giving things to others, while Asians are simply an uncompassionate people by nature. Blacks can be taught these things, like dogs, while Asians will forever lack a real connection to other human beings due to their inherent genetic makeup.

This seems like a reasonable explanation. I still wonder what the deal is with Italians. They always bring their whole family, and then one guy pays for it all and gives a 35% tip. Every time I've had Italians, it has been like this. Mafiosos?

i work at a service deli and i hate older white folks now. they treat me like their personal deli slave and it pisses me off

>tfw im white

Catholicism fosters a sense of community, and Italians in America often come from poor families that worked their way into money. The Mafioso mentality is an extension of that, but not the majority of it.

This pisses me off because fad diets and idiots.

But im also happy for those tiny few who legitimately have the specific disease that means they cant eat gluten.

They must love that all these air headed idiots mean they can actually eat food now.

Working as a cashier at a fancy food/wine store made me hate old whites above 50. Prissy, bitchy entitled cunts.

yea pretty much. i guess the worst part is that im still expected to be nice to them. ahh well i only have a week left and it's back to uni lol

Dishwasher here, learn to stack your fucking plates you cunt

I'm assistant manager at a kfc and whenever a customer asks if we have anything without gluten I offer them a bottle of water.

There is a lot of ageism in this thread to be honest with you guys

People become a lot more whiny and entitled as they age. They think that the world owes them something because they haven't faced off and died yet.

This post is nothing more than a result of poor parenting.

a good smack solves a lot of problems

Holy shit this.

I recently moved my dad in with me because he's too old and disabled to do much by himself and you'd think he's doing me some sort of favor the way he asks me to do everything. Motherfucker just because you're old doesn't mean you get to have it your way. We aren't getting fucking cable.

You will be a lot happier if you can occupy his time with cable TV
Just put it in his room and not the whole house.
Old people need lots of TV . I dont know why

As a product of being beaten as a child, I will never lay my hand on a kid, no matter what..... However heavy discipline will certainly be used.

I had my head picked up and smashed against a wall, punched in the face and my head smacked around a lot growing up from a young age, I never wish that upon anyone else.

>somehow I don't know that smacking a kid makes them scream harder

It's because as much as old fuckers whine at millenials about video games, they actually had an even more useless pastime as kids: television. The entertainment you consume as a kid and as a teen is the entertainment you will consume into adulthood

>Live in a country full of black people
>aside from me my restaurant looks like a black power convention
>hear customer claiming "YOU IS A RAYSIS"
>go outside to see Le-a pointing in my waitress', Monique, face
>claiming racism for being asked to kindly turn off her phone music as we already have music playing in the venue
>she from neu yowk
>she had a rough upbringing
>she tough
>she don't know that Monique only makes $200 US a month and that is a step up from when she was ploughing fields and digging holes 7 days a week

Cutting off a hydras head will cause two more heads to grow in its place.

This. From a young age your kid must learn that your word is law, and any fucking around is grounds for getting shit on. What's violence gonna do? Eventually the kid will grow up and whoop the parent's ass, or not be fazed by getting hit. Structure and discipline go a long way on young children.

Above all, children must learn that they are not equals, and they must earn privileges. My aunt was a strict bitch, my mother was not. Now I'm 26 and I respect my aunt more, because she was the same way growing up and realized discipline is better than whoopings.

Hispanic here, never tip unless I've been given exceptional service or I felt the worker/server went above and beyond their call of duty. I have worked shit mcjobs and go beyond what I am paid to do, never expecting a raise or praise or tips. So I feel no sympathy for servers and other restaurant personnel. Either take your job and all its requirements at the specified wage, or gtfo and seek a different job.

And no homo, best people to get serviced by are gay people and dudes. I enjoy straight answers and no bullshit, I can fap at home thank you very much. I came for food and not a fucking butler/performance. Speedy service, no bullshit, get me what I came for and fast, and I will tip.

People do not suddenly become more whiny when they get older. Those are the Baby Boomers. The people who started fucking more often, everything was in a good place for them to work and start families. Then fucked up the country and don't take responsibility.

I didn't get abusive beatings like that other user, I was smacked or belted on the ass whenever I did something wrong or forgot to bring my math book home for dad to see (it was an arbitrary task, he didn't need it for anything, just an exercise in command). Basically I learned to fear him, there was no respect or discipline, I got zero praise from him. I learned to be a better person on my own, that afraid child is dead because something else took its place many years ago and although I prefer him over fear, I have to make struggles to ensure he doesn't influence who I am.

I should add there was one time I didn't do anything wrong and he whooped me. Didn't even ask if I was the perpetrator before unleashing the fury. Only afterwards did I get a chance to ask why he hit me. When he found out who did it he didn't even apologize.

Is all this baby boomer hate coming from one guy? Do you hate your parents or something?

>le one guy

Do you just apply random planks to a candidate of choice, then support them for said imaginary associated planks?

Well what will shillary do about whining children in restaurants?

Shemail takes a pretty hard line on this and says she will authorize the use of drones.
Trump has ignored the issue.

>we aren't getting fucking cable
Kek

>never expecting raise or praise or tips
Well, yeah, of course, you're a spic. If you deserved to be paid more for your performance, you'd be white.

It does, but there's a line between discipline and abuse. Thankfully my parents never crossed that line, but some parents don't even know where the line is, or that there is one.

Honestly I'm going to go with the Chinese on the worst diners. Its usually the older generation from so village in china. The rest of them are ok.

but you are their personal deli slave?

its literally your job

Fucking hell, guy, are you such an autist that you can't understand sarcasm?

I am a trained professional.
When you visit the doctor is he your slave?

shut your pie hole and get back to slicing the ham, deli monkey! chop chop!

No you don't.

>"I'm s-sorry s-sir we don't have any g-gluten free options."

My dad will dump salt on to fast food french fries. The fuck is with old people and salt?

Why are people on Veeky Forums so mad?

>uncle spills his coffee at a diner.
>touches waitress on the arm when she passes by
>"Can you clean this up?" He says in an accusatory tone as if she was the one who spilled it

Worked as a server for a bit, delivery guy now.

Old people fucking suck, I can handle a screaming child better than I can some old bitch trying to get me fired because the cook made her fish like she asked, and she didn't realize salmon well done is drier than her cunt.

Senses dull as you age. When your tastebuds are fucked you have to overseason the shit out of things to taste it.

Same reason why old fucks play the TV so goddamn loud.

Old Americans you mean.

The majority of their diet has been a high sodium affair so since the low sodium fad has been around they kill anything with salt before even tasting it.

>what is talking

This kind of logic bothers me. Most waiters make below minimum wage because there is a reasonable assumption that they will be tipped by their customers. That's a person's livelihood that you are shitting on by not tipping anything at all. It's also a good way to ensure you get shit service anytime you go to the same restaurant. Tipping is a good system because it incentivises services to do their jobs well and provide good service. Good servers make more money than bad servers. If they all made a standard working wage, the quality of food service would be diminished over all.

Enjoy that spit in your food.

I wish I could watch cable with my old man again.

>not calling your uncle out on his fuck up right there

What is the incentive when you know you will get extra money for regular service?

The servers i know pull in a couple hundred dollars a night, it's significantly higher than minimum wage for a minimum effort job, i usually tip like 30%-40% because the bar i go to is really, really good about when 9 of us show up unannounced and ask for a table and other than that I don't eat out. I think tipping is a shit system but since it's expected i participate. Good servers go to good restaurants where they get paid well anyway.

>mfw i might be killing and eating animals

>Work at Panera Bread
>Customer comes in
>Is there anything without gluten?
>Manager asks if they just don't like gluten or they have something like celiac
>Celiac
>We cannot serve you
>But what about a salad?
>There is flour everywhere all the time. You really shouldn't even be in this building
>Customer complains that other stores can server her.

Why come literally to a bakery and get mad that they can't serve someone with celiac?

Your intolerance is worse than any celiac sufferers .
You should be made to pay them reparations for your rude comment and years of surving too much bread

>tfw my mother has celiac and I dread every day that I could show symptoms of it myself

Shut the FUCK up cuck.

Yeah, the worst customers are old people. but what do you expect? they wake up in pain.

The customers I simply can't forgive is single mothers. They by and large just pretend their kids aren't there.
But the WORST customers? The ones I absolutely HATE? are the French.
>French customer
>Foh Keed Bahgah
>will those be four kids meal sir
the meals cost the same as a jr. burger cause that way you have to buy it or waste money
>yeh
>and what kind of fries will those be sir
>yeh
>seasoned fries or waffle fries
>yeh
>seasoned fries?
>yeh
I just ring him up for 4 seasoned fries, there are people behind this guy waiting
LATER
>guy walks back up to the register
>spits out an incoherent jumble of syllables
>manager comes over
>manager can't understand him either
>"I-I don't think he wanted fries"
>explain the fries costed the same as the burger by itself
>Frenchie is still mad
>start to do that thing, where you just start repeating the same phrase over and over again, so that people know they've exhausted your dialogue. Picked that one up from video games. try it it works
>Frenchie goes back to his table
fucking French get out. I've dealt with 4 french customers over 6 months and EVERY ONE wound up with some variation of this story. I live in America by the way

So what you're saying is: I should complain to the server about crying kids more often?

What os do you run? website you hosting?

eggzactly