Can anyone here please describe the taste of duck to someone from a picky family...

Can anyone here please describe the taste of duck to someone from a picky family? I've always been interested in it but have yet to get the chance
Also if you can do it without saying "gamey" you aren't retarded

Gamey duck-like flavour.

Really ducking good

Tastes rather fowl.

Duck tastes like... duck. It's milder than chicken. It's moist, not dry like turkey. They say duck is all dark meat, but I don't find it as strong flavored or slick feeling as chicken dark meat.

Literally the first result when I googled it since you're clearly too helpless to use google yourself.

Duck is to chicken as pork is to beef.

honestly it tastes almost just like chicken.

its a lot greasier, so if your family is the kind who lie their steaks fatty, theyll like duck.

i dont think it tasted gamey, but i got the costo brand shit

> It's milder than chicken.
I would say it has a stronger flavour

I asked here because I wanted a multitude of opinions put in plain (pleb) English by people who are of similar cooking experience to myself
Not because I don't know how to Google dingus

Stop using "dingus" you stupid cunt. Keep that instawhore language out of my cooking board.

I mean I could have just called you cunt but that seemed a tad extreme
Either way you can't just invent a term like "instawhore" and expect not to sound retarded

That was my first post, and instawhore is as a legitimate word as instagram or dingus. Unlike those words though it is actually accurate.

I mean you would only know if a word is popular on Instagram if you use Instagram though right?
Apparently unlike you I don't so I never would have known that it is
Sorry if I triggered you by reminding you that Instagram exists I guess

Thanks cunt just do what I say in the future and all will be well.

Why did you post that image, Reddit?

Sorry Sperglord I will try my best not to offend king faggot on an anonymous image board dedicated to cooking

i've never prepared duck myself, i've only ever had it while eating out. usually very fatty and greasy, but flavorful. kind of reminds me of turkey in the way that the flesh tears apart.

I would compare duck breast to pork tenderloin, I think.

>follow my posting rules that aren't backed up by the site rules and fueled entirely by my emotions
Fuck off you literal cock sucking nigger faggot

>i've not only never tried duck but don't even know what "gamey" means

Flyover Summer children, ladies and gentlemen.

I don't understand what's reddit about that.

The whole "Attaching subtitles to create reaction images" thing started on Veeky Forums with [Intensifies].

Pretty spot on, user.

The difference is duck has lots of fat which drains off while cooking. Anything cooked in duck fat becomes god tier.

this is a very very very good explanation for plebeians

good job dude

it tastes gamey and hunty

If anything it started with /sp/'s [Why?]. [Intensifies] grew into more of a tumblr meme.

Sort of like a chicken, but with wings.

To me it tastes more like pork than chicken. It's also much fattier and moister than any other commonly eaten bird. Try it OP, it's good to try new things my man.

I bet you think that trollfaces and Caturday started on 9gag.

"Stop saying words I don't like!"

Autism detected

Oh I misread I thought you said dick. I guess I have nothing to add.

Except pork is generally leaner, drier and paler than beef in the cuts offered in NA. Duck is cloying, greasy and generally darker than chicken.

Excuse me, this is a Mongolian meat packing bbs.

For the picky eaters: a mix of beef, pork and chicken, with a slight liver aftertaste.

fuck off ya dingus

If they like chicken dark meat more than the dry white meat they'll like duck

Look at it this way, a chicken is a land animal that's lean and high in protein mostly, a duck is a waterfowl that needs fat to insulate from cold water and etc so it has more fat which is what makes poultry tender and juicy

I tastes like if chicken lived in the water

Duck tastes like duck. Not only does duck taste like duck, it tastes more like duck than anything else tastes like duck. Furthermore, it tastes more like duck than it tastes like anything else.

tastes like porky greasy chicken
a bit sweet

salty coins and warm milk