Post your hauls

Just went to an amish scrap grocery store. Total of all of this was $28.50. It would be higher if there was more of that peri-peri sauce. Best hot sauce I've ever had.

>Based peri-peri

I can't tell if your post is being sarcastic or favorable towards the sauce.

Wow, nearly your entire purchase was processed commercial junk. Yay!

>processed commercial junk
Worst meme ever. People who really believe this sort of thing are a disease.

I hope for your sake you kill and grow all your food.

Believe what, exactly? What exactly is it that you think I'm implying that offends you so much?

I'm not claiming that what you bought is unhealthy or overpriced. My point is simply that it's a bunch of normal everyday shit that's not even worth mentioning, let alone starting a thread over.

>what you bought
Protip: not every poster is OP

i thought amish weren't allowed to use technology

>>implying the identity of the poster matters in this case

All food by definition is processed and commercial. You're just throwing around meme words to feel superior.

I would have said prepared, value added food, but it amounts to the same thing. Nothing OP bought is an actual ingredient. It's the kind of stuff you use to make semi-homemade food. And there's not even a scrap of fresh food - not even a token lettuce or zucchini at the height of summer. Sad.

>All food by definition is processed and commercial.

If you use the words like that they lose all meaning since they apply to everything. The terms become meaningless if you go autismo and say "durr hurr....that carrot is "processed" because you took it out of the ground". You know damn well what the terms refer to.

And you easily get non-commercial food: you never gone fishing? Picked berries off a bush? Grew something your garden?

>>You're just throwing around meme words to feel superior.

Nah. I buy that crap too. I just don't see the point in posting about it.

That's a common misconception. It's more that they don't want to show off wealth, as basically everything in an amish community is communal. I think it's also on a case by case basis, not all Amish are alike. The amish girls who checked me out were using cash registers. You could only pay with cards, though.

It is a scrap grocery. The only thing they had there that they grew was some milk from their cows. The point of my post is I paid so little for all of that food. At a commercial grocery store I would have spent 3x as much easily. The nandos were 20 cents, the sausage was $1.29 ea, that palm oil was $1. I have a garden with zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, and corn.

I also have blackberry bushes.

Mix it altogether in a big pot and throw it at seagulls.

depends on how strict the denomination is
there's some that have no problem riding buses and taking taxis, but owning a car themselves is crossing the line
there's an Amish furniture business in my neck of the woods that advertises on TV and the internet

I've never heard the term "scrap grocery", but judging from your haul it means store full of stuff I would never buy.

I keep getting the name wrong, salvage grocery is what it's called.

Got it. The stuff is all near or past its sell by dates, and that's what makes it so cheap. Makes sense if you have a big freezer, use stuff up right away and eat those kind of products. I don't buy that kind of stuff in the first place, so it wouldn't benefit me.

But I sure as fuck buy my vegetables from Chinatown greengrocers, spices from an Indian shop and dried beans and nuts from the Middle Eastern store, because those places absolutely destroy the supermarket in both price and quality. When it comes to meat and dairy products I'm willing to pay extra for better than supermarket quality, because I don't trust products like Jimmy Dean sausage. Not that it isn't tasty, I just don't think it's a good thing to eat on any kind of regular basis.

>IPs in thread: 3
Pretty good chance you're wrong actually

it doesn't to people with common sense who know how euphemisms and sayings go, but sure, if it makes you feel better, be pedantic

(that's the nice way of saying you're an autist and should stick to fast food tendy threads)

can't see what half the things are and the prices you paid for them, so it's hard to comment.

that said, i wouldn't touch jimmy dean sausage if it was anything over free, bigelow is a bottom-tier tea, and bottled chimichurri is always fucking terrible

That's nandos peri peri sauce. Didn't know they sold it in the states - in the UK Nando's is a grilled peri-peri chicken chain where they use a better version of the sauce and make the chicken for you, its great.

ya don't say? really? we had nooooo idea.