To any anons who work at a kitchen or a restaurant, I have some scenarios for you

To any anons who work at a kitchen or a restaurant, I have some scenarios for you.

>see someone accidentally drop food on the floor then tries to pick it back up to serve to a customer
>see someone in the back of the house drop a utensil on the floor then uses it without cleaning it
>see someone accidentally drop something out of the fryer on the floor and then toss it back in the fryer
>see someone putting cooked food on a surface that had raw chicken or shrimp on it a minute ago

What do you do? Do you ignore it and let them serve the food? I personally go out of my way to prevent it from being served on principle and I never serve something I wouldn't eat myself.

Those people put their bodily fluids in the food they make for you if you actually do that.

I would not let them serve it, no matter what.

I used to work with a guy who deliberately would drop steaks ordered well done on the floor

>What do you do? Do you ignore it and let them serve the food? I personally go out of my way to prevent it from being served on principle and I never serve something I wouldn't eat myself.

What, as a customer? I guess you could do that.
If you mean as part of the staff, enjoy being fired and fully deserving it.

I'll tell you more: you know that part of your meal you didn't finish? If it was something salvageable like sliced meats, cheese platters, or reusable ingredients, we gave them to someone else.
Maybe even your own meal was partly recycled.

"Chef platter/Dish of the day/Our special choice"?
That's the food that's going to expire or that has some problems with it, so we slap a flashy name on it, and it always ends up being what 90% of people order.
The typical customer finds even choosing what to eat too difficult of a chore. If you choose for them, they'll be overjoyed. "Dish of the day" is a wonderful way for us to get rid of shitty ingredients, and for the customer to have an easy choice. Everybody wins.

With all of this taken into account, the non-existant medical danger of the scenarios you proposed is much better than the amount of spit you'll have to eat if you rat out on something like that.

#1 and #4: hell no, that won't slide. That food will not be served, and management will be informed.

#2 depends on what the untensil is. If it's being used with raw food or in a low-heat application then that's no different than the above. On the other hand, if it's something that will be going into a deep fryer or boiling hot water then that's sloppy, but it wont make anyone sick.

#3. Gross, but not dangerous. Nothing survives the heat of the fryer.

If someone drops a plate, or a utensil and doesn't clean it, I usually won't say anything, but if they drop food, that is totally unacceptable.

I have to agree with this guy to a t nothing bactetia or otherwise survives a high heat oven or fryer however mixing raw and cooked food or preparing them on the same surface is a big no no

Probably tasted better with the extra flavor to be honest

>see someone accidentally drop food on the floor then tries to pick it back up to serve to a customer

I saw that done with a Folley catheter in a hospital kek

You wouldnt eat in many restaurants if you knew whats going on in the kitchen/fridge

each of these happen daily in every restaurant you've ever eaten at

>>see someone accidentally drop something out of the fryer on the floor and then toss it back in the fryer
this is OK, the fryer is the cleanser

the rest is nigger tier

just suck it up and get the ticket out a little slower

I wouldn’t have to do anything, someone else would call them out. If nobody else did, I would unless it was extremely minor.

Don't snitch fucking faggot

So basically you are an autistic faggot in therapy trying to help itself out in the real world ?

currently work in a kitchen fwiw

#1, no way is that getting served. remake it

#2, tell them to wash it/get a new one

#3, honestly who cares, it's going in the hot fryer

#4, "what are you, a fucking idiot? throw that shit out and make a new one. and good job fucking up our expo order, you retard."

I mean I'm not a hard ass or anything but where I work literally every person on the line would call you a retard if you did any of that shit

>>see someone accidentally drop food on the floor then tries to pick it back up to serve to a customer
No.
>>see someone in the back of the house drop a utensil on the floor then uses it without cleaning it
I'm a dish pit, I go grab them something, and swap their stuff, if its a server I chew them out or if not allowed get my boss to chew them out.

>see someone accidentally drop something out of the fryer on the floor and then toss it back in the fryer
absolutely the fuck not.
>>see someone putting cooked food on a surface that had raw chicken or shrimp on it a minute ago
why are they prepping shrimp and raw chicken anywhere where this can happen? this is either someone fucking up or the whole prep system is broken. Depends on the circumstance

I always look for a way to do things plastured in helpfulness as I am a lowly dish wench but there comes a point where you just have to stop someone from doing something stupid and there's no way to turn it into me helping them like a good worker like replacing someones cutlery.

>eating at the place you work at

lmao

As a restaurant owner, I'd kekle while my employees be saving me sheckles

>cleanser
oh yeah, that'll totally clear off all the grime collected on the entire lines stomping traction mat.
you are a fucking idiot,

theres a difference between juan not washing his hands enough and letting the local dumbass try to wash then serve a potato after washing it in table sanatizer.

it gets cleaned up real good before it goes out