Wow smart contracts and le blockchain make stuff so much easier

>wow smart contracts and le blockchain make stuff so much easier

Do you use smart contracts or dapps?
>No.

Have you ever known anybody who would use blockchain tech? I mean you've surely bought something with BTC considering it's been out for a decade?
>No..

Then why do you pay for them?
>Cuz some day people will adopt them and I will receive Lambos.

If it's good tech and already working, why is nobody using it today?
>Well umm, I guess normies are just stupid and haven't adopted it?

But new people join the crypto game every day, is that not adoption?
>Yeah but they just join to make money, not to use the tech. We're waiting on the real adoption.

What "real" adoption? This is all you will ever get: just people riding the waves.
>No you just don't get it, we have this amazing tech that will be HUGE tomorrow

Now you're just running in circles.
>Fucking brainlet, enjoy being poor, pajeet LOL!!!! Just made 400k.

Other urls found in this thread:

hyperledger.org/members
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 200+ replies

Gonna laugh all day when this internet money comes down

after a decade of people laughing all the way to the bank
kek

Yeah "cryptos" are just an idea market. Some Estonian "companies" release a cool-sounding cyberpunk idea with nothing but a 2 page white paper and people rush to pay for the idea.

I don't even know what a dapp is.

All crypto-currencies are stupid because you can't actually use them as currency in any way, shape, or form.

This tech is fucking stupid and a waste of CPU cycles.

The vast majority of money is 'internet money' in the sense that it doesn't have a tangible (paper/coin) counterpart. Something like 70% of dollars only exist inside computers. You are living a lie.

True. If you want something to be a currency, it needs to:
-be accepted as a form of payment
-have at least a somewhat stable value.

No crypto has any of these.

Dude you missed the point completely.

Start by reading my previous post about volatility and adoption.

I mean the idea of blockchain is kinda neat (in theory). But at the end of the day it's just a decentralized database that requires huge amounts of processor power. Oh and there's no support whatsoever.

Yeah that's exactly what enterprise customers want. A single-purpose database that's available on other machines and has no support package to subscribe to.

How the fuck do you expect this to make it?

>LOL DUDE IF IT'S GOOD TECH WHY IS NOBODY USING IT???? CHECKMATE BRO
don't forget your fedora on the way out bro

>it’s the wave of the future!
>brainlet, we’re only speculating!

???

Your picture should be titled "adoption of good tech".
Good tech gets adopted. Everyone in the world knows about BTC and the blockchain, but only 1% gives a shit.
You think some people hated the idea of a fridge back in the day? No, they just didn't have money to buy one in the early 1900's.

meh I don't feel like making more than one serious post in a bait thread
I'll let you wallow in your own filth if you want

You can carry a potentially infinite amount of value, anonymously, anywhere in the world there is internet, and access with a string of words that you can carry around in your head.
You'd having to be an absolute fucking retard not to see any value in that.
You couldn't be a Greek, who can only withdraw 200 euros a day. You wouldn't be a Zimbabwean or Venezuelan, who can buy an international hedge when their national currency collapses.
You're a dipshit who is proud to be ignorant, and you'll miss out on getting rich at the same time.
Fuck off.

I didn't reply to you faggot.

you need to dyor with LINK

solves all of this

b-but

already a strawman by the first question
cryptokitties
etheroll
makerdao
etherhell
ethphoenix

>h-haha but nobody cares about your shitty dapps
ok? why should i give a fuck. *i* am getting something out of this, and so do enough people. there's enough participants for a small ecosystem

>ROFL fucking deluded. it's going to fail any moment
if it ends up failing at some hypothetical point in the future, then that's that. doesn't take away the experiences i've had in the past. move on and do something else

>shut up! look at this other guy who is not you saying he's only in for speculation. COINERS BTFO
how about you look at this other guy who suffers from such a pathological lack of empathy he believes everyone that is not him is part of one sentient borg-like consciousness... oh wait, that's not another guy, that's actually you. you humongous faggot

Your point was that adoption takes time.
It's a mute point because there's no way to tie the blockchain to other, successful inventions and say they follow a similar pattern.
Onecoin believers make the same points. You know Onecoin, right?

>You wouldn't be a Zimbabwean
Yeah, $50 transaction costs is just what penniless Africans want. Making Africans buy BTC so we would benefit from it is just another form of slavery and abuse.

>You can carry a potentially infinite amount of value, anonymously, anywhere in the world there is internet, and access with a string of words that you can carry around in your head.

True, it's a neat idea. That's why I originally bought BTC.
But what kind of fucked up post-apocalyptic scenario would you need to be in, to be left wandering in a wasteland, memorizing 12 words while trying to find a working computer where to access your billions while sinister governments try to stop you?

>anonymously
The blockchain records everything you do, forever.

>muh fridge
gj clinging to the one far past example that supports your point
meanwhile most of us have lived from a time where video games were seen as this weird nerd thing to the current times where every retard is playing some form of candy crush on their iphone 13
you gigantic homosexual

>starts topic about smart contracts
>pedals back to BTC when called out on dumb logic
western union remittance fee can be up to $10 and transfers last days, ethereum in its current beta state barely touches 10 cents for a confirmation under 5 minutes
there's moving the goalposts and then there's just grabbing anything you can and throwing them randomly like a retard
you colossal dicksucking enthusiast

Why would anyone invest in automobiles when horse-drawn carriages already exist?
Lol checkmate General Motors stock holders.

>western union remittance fee can be up to $10 and transfers last days

I'm from Finland and nobody here uses your "Western Union".
Yeah I know things suck in the US because it's a developing country basically, but that's not a valid argument.

>no crypto is accepted as a form of payment
pretty much every other shop in Singapore or Zurich accepts crypto. "if it doesn't have universal adoption already adoption cannot increase" is pants on head retarded

>no crypto has stable value
what is dai
you peniswashing dickmonger

10 years after the first commercially available cars, most Americans either had one or wanted to buy one.

10 years after muh BTC and autists on Veeky Forums are still claiming they’re only in it for speculation while also claiming it’s the tech of the future and will take off next year, just like every previous year.

Normies don’t use crypto. I have friends who hold ETH as a speculative asset and that’s it. They don’t even know how it works or what it does.

Again, you're comparing actually good tech to blockchain tech which is useless.

>ethereum in its current beta state barely touches 10 cents for a confirmation under 5 minutes

Yeah, and it's gonna come tumbling down when more than 5 geeks use it simultaneously.
I remember when like 0,05% of the world used BTC in December and we got $50 transfer costs.

>snownigger education
i'm not in the us either but unlike you i pursued my education past middleschool, so i'm aware of those little places called South America, Africa, Asia and of the size of the international remittance market
you gayass naked sauna goer

cope harder

>pretty much every other shop in Singapore or Zurich accepts crypto.

Can't say for Singapore but I travel in Europe a lot and I can say for a fact that grocery stores in Switzerland do not accept BTC as payment.
in b4 you link one obscure coffee shop

This.

HyLa

I used ether to buy something the other day and got a 10% discount from the vendor, I decided to use a gas price of 30 and the transaction had 3 confirmations in 3 seconds and cost $0.50. A net savings of $2 anyway.

there's already more people using ethereum than bitcoin. algorithms aren't the same, scaling choices aren't the same and ethereum is already more efficient in its current preliminary state
you semen-swallowing male bitch

>little places called South America, Africa, Asia and of the size of the international remittance market

People in those countries don't have a pot to piss in and you're worried about their international wealth transfers?

Yeah, sure, when they get money I guess they want to spend it on Ark and Chainlink instead of eating.

im some shitter from the Dubai who gets assraped by fees sending money to New Zealand. BTC helps a lot desu. but im just some random cunt who no one gives a fuck about, bitcoin is absolutely useless i guess

Zurich is a town of Switzerland, not the whole of Switzerland. are you genuinely retarded?
you aids-infested butthole sniffer

>you gigantic homosexual
>you colossal dicksucking enthusiast
>you peniswashing dickmonger
>you gayass naked sauna goer
>you semen-swallowing male bitch

Is there something you want to admit to us all?

People who live in Dubai and need to make a million dollar transfer to New Zealand use a fucking bank and pay 10 bucks for the transfer like any sane person would do.
You do it in BTC, you risk sending it to a wrong address, volatility eating 50% of the sum, paying $50 transfer costs..
BTC makes things so much harder that it's ridiculous.
Chances are, the recipient doesn't want to hold BTC so he'll have to use an exchange to sell it.

>can't even read ids
i'm not worried about shit, i told you right away i'm only in crypto for dapps
your lack of education and/or ability to google shit letting you know the size of that very real market is your own failure
nobody gives a shit if your retarded snownigger ass can't figure out how to use a computer, nor do we care about your job traveling through europe to suck cock in every brothel
you r/buttcoiner

i think for people like me the only reason i still use btc is that eth isn't accepted by most remittance companies that you can use to send money via crypto. in the Philippines for example where I'm originally from, the 2 companies approved by our central bank (they made a big deal out of it by sending out an official memo that those two are the only ones they recognize), they still only accept btc. oh actually you can use other cryptos like xrp, eth, on the other one (coins.ph) but their fees are huge so i haven't bothered. rebit.ph follows market price pretty closely, like .5% deviation only. i like New Zealand's kiwi-coin the best though because they have their own exchange there instead of a centralized entity that acts as a remittance company like the ones i mentioned for the Philippines. so depending on liquidity they offer the best rate.

>lol u calling me ghey means ur closet homo
guess it means you trashing on crypto means you're a closet coiner. or maybe that particular brand of logic is as retarded as the rest of you
you fag

i only transfer some salary to relatives, im not some millionaire sorry. after doing the maths i just figured out that it's cheaper that way. i agree with the volatility problem though. especially since the way i send money to New Zealand, they have their own exchange so i encountered problems with that. not to shill rebit.ph because ive used them quite a lot too but i like their "locking of prices". so if i decide to send this certain amount i wont get too fucked by the volatility in the time i send out my btc

>I mean you've surely bought something with BTC considering it's been out for a decade?
you can buy money with BTC, retard

who do you think wipe the shit of dubai millionaires? except for you as part of your job as a male prostitute, of course. if we're talking about remittance and international transfers we're talking about working class immigrants, not oil millionaires
you goatse fanatic

They don't have a pot to piss but they are more than half of the world population retard. They won't speculate, they will actually send money home the cheapest they can.

Tell me, why are all Finns so dead-set against uncontrolled currency? Everybody from Finland seems to hate crypto with a passion. It's especially weird considering you're using a currency that's getting manipulated by central banks and dragged down by countries with shit economy. Why are you so vehemently against the idea of a currency that nobody manipulates?

Crypto volatility is a problem caused by lack of actual adoption as an actual currency. There's no hard arguments against adoption being possible, although it's gonna take time if it happens.

sending a million dollars from NZ to dubai is as simple as a click, yep, no other considerations at all right guys. nothing bad has ever happened in the legacy currency space at all, right guys, the banks didnt crash the economy and then make the taxpayers bail them out, no, youre not literally a slave right now.

the banks dont manipulate currencies and invade countries and reduce the human population to indentured servitude using the central banking system. no, you are not used as collateral for your country's loan from the central banks, thats not what national debt is at all. yes, lets not adopt crypto, lets keep these murderous coinchangers wealthy and make sure that they alone control the price of all the currency. yes. good idea. sounds much safer, lets not upset anybody here.

fucking babyboomers need to hang. bunch of unimaginative, villainous cowards

mate, finns are too afraid to stand near each other at the bus stop. they dont have the balls for crypto

xrp doesn't have huge fees at all

>I hate banks

Ok. BTC is still shitty for transfers compared to the legal, established methods used today.

Blockchain ATM is like PC's in the 80'-90's.
ZX Spectrum, DOS, C64 kind of times.
They are hard to understand, hard to use, easy to fuck up.
Only a few geeks with beards know how to use them.
I tried to explain it to my normie friend, but he said "its too complicated, why it cant be simpler?"
As soon as we get normie friendly GUIs for wallets, normie friendly dapps (lisk working on that). easy to use smart contracts (make visual language that doesnt require programming like lego blocks? idk), easy to integrate pay-with-crypto plugins for all major shop platforms like wordpress, we'll see mainstream adoption.

>what are non-shit cryptos: the post

I get that, but why the absolute salt flowing over from there? Just let people buy cryptos if they so wish, how does it harm you?

i meant for coins.ph, their withdrawal fees for sending money. unfortunately rebit.ph doesn't accept xrp/eth, only btc (for now at least?)

Young fag detected.
Video games have always been popular fucking retard, the games just kinda sucked, who is gonna get tistist at a game like pong?
And that is a good example the tech of video games was shit for years but lots of people still bought ataris and fuck trying to remember the old school system, kinda like a computer out in the mid 80s

This will also be the point to where we get FED coin, where all this is going. Cashless fully traceable nothing private 1984 world. Great fucking tech.

this

FUCK YOU
WAT DOES THIS CREEPY IDIOT SAY??
DOESNT EVEN NOW HOW BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY WORKS MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN WHAT A BITCOIN IS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOU STUPID MOUTH
BANKS IS SCARED AND CRYPTO WILL BE WORTH MILLIONS IN 2019
IDIOT YOU NOW NOTHING !!!!

>this one coin isnt perfect so lets just stick to what we have, legacy banking is great theres nothing wrong with it at all haha everything is fine
>because something is legal and established it must be good. every law is just and perfect, your countries and politicians arent owned at all, they make perfect laws based on fair and righteous consideration of the facts.
when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. crypto is about more than money. since youre an oldie you should be familiar with this quote:

"what if they put on a war but nobody showed up?"

do you really think that groups of millions of people all spontaneously get together, purchase the exact same firearm and dress in the exact same clothing, then get on boats to travel thousands of kilometres to fight millions of other strangers over a piece of ground that isnt theirs in the first place, to acquire a resource that they themselves will never own? when you hear the term "centralized" or "decentralized" next time, consider what i just said. get with the program. this is not about money. Veeky Forums is about making money, crypto is not. we can free ourselves. you have stockholm syndrome and defend your overlords from the attacks of your peers.

stop using that image, its shit and you're shit

Human nature males people shit not banking. I get all the points you made and they are valid, however there is nothing inherently wrong with banking, it should just be a really fucking boring industry that interest only autist.
You are all kinds of corruption and be in crypto as well.

Humans are fucked tech will not fix it.

Wow gambling games and ponzi schemes. It's truly the future.

Yes indeed there is no money in gambling

The whole concept of wars is pure idiocy and sheep-like behavior. People are fine with going to war because everybody else is going and because they "hate" the opposing side, and people who don't want to leave are physically forced against their will. It's absurd

I think crypto has a long way to go tech-wise, though. So far we still don't have a crypto that's programmable, private and scalable.

The best selling video game is Tetris from 1984. Atari 2600 games were selling in millions and arcades were huge in 1980s. Video games never were "weird thing".

You are just ranting like an old hippie

Crypto is shitty technology to transfer money with.

there is something inherently wrong with banking, though. the fact that it is controlled by sleazebags who have murdered millions of young men is one of those things. the fact that they can speculate with your savings, without your consent. the fact that they can gamble with your money without your consent and never pay you a kickback of any kind. the fact that they can lose your money on bad bets and then make you pay them even more for the privilege.

the fact that those who control the banks have been practicing nepotism for centuries, and that almost every politician and powerbroker on earth is intimately linked to them - and many celebrities also as silly as that is to imagine. there is something inherently wrong with banking, user.

crypto makes a person into their own bank. im not saying this will fix human nature, but what on earth is wrong with digging up a rotting stump and starting again, applying what we have learned from past mistakes to avoid them in the future. crypto isnt guaranteed to fix these problems, but it has the potential to if we dont repeat the same mistakes. think about this: you can literally create your own form of currency that is not subject to territorial boundaries. consider the implications and understand that crypto is not the same as central banking. crypto is not legal tender, AND THAT IS A GOOD THING. it is not at all the same as the current system.

people are fine to go along with a war because they believe the retarded things that theyre told, but who starts it in the first place? there has never been such a thing as a grassroots war.

This.

Veeky Forums is mostly really young, but when I talk to people older (anywhere from 35 to 60) about this, a lot of them don't fundamentally trust banks. Between bailouts and other unethical things (Probably most were too young to really understand how big the bailout in the late 2000s was)

and this is in the FIRST world, it's even worse in the third world.

the only problem with hippies is that they all turned into boomer wageslaves and were too cowardly to put their ideas into practice. and now, ironically, the former hippies from the 60s are the ones trying to resist what crypto is trying to achieve. literally a bunch of beaten dogs protecting their abusive masters

It's really too bad the whole field is called 'cryptocurrency' when the real promise of distributed blockchain (Turing complete) computing is so much more.

It's a world computer.

Hippies all deserved to be shot. The fact that you idolize a bunch of communist, sex and drug degenerates shows your true colors.

The main problem is CENTRAL BANKING

This thread:

>the idea of cryptos is good
>the idea is good
>yeah, the idea is good

Blah blah blah, it doesn't work in practice and that's what matters.

>if it's good why isn't anyone using it yet huh??
Wow just like every other innovation in human history that retards like you said wouldn't catch on.

>It's good ideas but nothing will materialize

Explain this

hyperledger.org/members

>le

Stopped reading

True, it's always that one entity who sets it in motion. The entity that's supposedly for the people

>JP Morgan used as an example in literally every thread

Peeps want to make money with cryptos.

Uhh do you know anyone who uses "internet"? Just get the paper in the mail like I do!

The telephone??? Why ever would you need such a thing? Just use good old fashioned mailing

etc

this guy FUCKING GETS IT. Nocoiners BTFO

/thread