Is there a shittier fish than salmon? Well, yes. Monkfish is pretty shit. But normies don't pretend to like monkfish...

Is there a shittier fish than salmon? Well, yes. Monkfish is pretty shit. But normies don't pretend to like monkfish, only hipster "foodies" who think chewy trashfish is good.

But normies do pretend to like salmon, and why is it that they do this? Did the anisakis work its way into their brains? Or did someone, generations ago, plant a bad meme, like the "steak shouldn't have a sauce" meme, and the plebs just never questioned it because they need to be told what's good?

Literally the only acceptable salmon preparation is belly lox and anything blasted with that amount of salt would probably taste good.

I'd sooner eat a pound of escolar than a pound of salmon, that is how shitty salmon is.

tl;dr stop pretending salmon is good, you're not fooling anyone

Taste is subjective.

Ok, I'll stop.

this is like the most bitter sounding post about a food i've ever seen. did a salmon fuck your wife or something?

>monkfish is shit
it's a cheaper lobstertail texture wise
fuck you pond scum shitter

I didn't think it was bad when I ate some in jamaica, but i wouldnt order it again. Im not sure how it was compared to good salmon since it was room service and jamaica has hockey puck burgers.

Don't talk to me or my wife's roe ever again

So I'm guessing it's a new meme to pretend that enjoying salmon is a meme......is this meta meme? Is this memception?

Op here, lobster is shit too. I didn't mention it because it isn't fish. It's just a shrimp that got too big to taste good.

Freshly caught salmon is boss, same goes for trout and sturgeon. Grilled fresh salmon over wood embers.....ahhhhhh, so nice.
That said, I prefer other oily fish like mackerel, sardines, anchovies, or more delicate buttery fish like halibut.
You're a fool for saying you'd rather eat a pound of escolar, though. Escolar tastes good, but I never eat more than a couple ounces.
What I'll never understand is why people like salmon sushi. That blows my mind. It's the worst fish for sushi I've ever had. When I get a mixed sashimi or chirashi, I always ask for NO salmon, and they always seem surprised. I'll take anything else they have over salmon.

awww darn I guess I can't like it anymore :(

Smoked salmon is the only type of fish I eat.

The funny thing is that OP has likely never eaten a real salmon before, and he was likely served monkfish dyed to look like salmon.

Salmon, and seafood in general, is massively corrupt to the point that most of the fish you're buying is some completely different kind of cheaper fish.

The more expensive and covetted the fish, the more likely it's something else entirely.

You think you're buying tuna?
Jokes on you, you're getting some sort of shitty bottom feeder they pulled out of the south china sea instead.

Educate yourself, OP.

>he doesn't go to the river and catch his own salmon

duuude

Pink salmon or oceanic?

Jamaica as in Jamaica or Jamaica as in NY Jamaica.

Well pink salmon tastes pretty good and oceanic salmon is under dolphin or barracuda.

Jamaica is a shithole anyway so don't think of it as a Caribbean culinary "experience"

I'm from a Nordic Country so salmon is just really, really, really boring. We have it so often.

Jamaica as in Jamaica, I have no idea what it was and i kind of doubt they would have known if i asked anyway. I don't think we were even in one of the better places even, somewhere in the northwestern part, hanover i beleive.

wtf I hate salmon now

If it was pink or red then it'd be river salmon. Shipped in frozen.

>implying salmon sushi isn't topdelcious

Salmon is the boneless skinless chicken breast of seafood

I could live on nothing but salmon sashimi. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water.

That's why i buy at fish markets

I had smoked salmon in the salad I made for lunch today. I made the dressing out of olive oil and lemon juice. Had avocado, spinach, tomato, and sliced hard boiled egg in it as well.

It was delicious.

Not liking salmon sushi is actually pretty understandable. It's a pretty fatty fish, but not in the same way tuna is fatty. It also has a little different texture than other fish too.

The lengths people will go through to avoid admitting that they willingly eat the worst of fish

I've had salmon in Norway, Japan, and the Pacific Northwest. I know what fish tastes like. In the case of salmon? It tastes like the trash it is.

Op here btw

I thought OPs post was the stupidest thing I'd read all day until you showed up

salmon sushi is literally the best sushi

>OP contains the word 'normie'

filtered

nice blog dumbass

>a source of nutrition
>a source of taste
Re-evaluate your outlook on life (and food) and find a whole new you!

Pic related. It's not you.

Your mommy didn't buy you tendies, but made you eat yucky fish?
Oh, poor you. At least she it didn't have onions.

>platform pedals and toe cages
>going cycling in sneakers
>no helmet
>fucking MTB scum, probably took it to ski lift on the roof rack of his cage
You're right, it's not me

Op here, forgot to mention that I like massive cocks in my ass.

You have terrible taste

Salmon is the only fish I actually like.

I, too, loathe salmon, despite loving pretty much every other kind of fish and seafood in general. I'm always really disappointed when the only seafood options at a restaurant are tilapia or salmon, the bland or the gross.

Carp. Literally bottom feeding eat anything fags. Tough as shit too.

This lunch looks like you just read an article on omega 3s and healthy fats and really took it to heart.

Recaptcha salad

But what would I eat for Christmas dinner with no carp? Fuck you. Carp is wonderful.

Is there a shittier fish than tilapia? Well, yes. catfish is pretty shit. But normies don't pretend to like catfish, only hipster "foodies" who think muddy trashfish is good.

But normies do pretend to like tilapia, and why is it that they do this? Did the anisakis work its way into their brains? Or did someone, generations ago, plant a bad meme, like the "steak shouldn't have a sauce" meme, and the plebs just never questioned it because they need to be told what's good?

Literally the only acceptable tilapia preparation is stewing it in the trash with the other stuff you've thrown out.

I'd sooner eat a pound of escolar than a pound of tilapia, that is how shitty it is.

tl;dr stop pretending tilapia is good, you're not fooling anyone. Farm raised salmon is perfectly affordable and tastes fine so just buy that instead.

I honestly prefer raw salmon

Op here, tilapia isn't fish, it's just biomass for the third world poor
I'm talking about fish eaten in the first world

I agree

Tilapia is terrible. My step father has a river full of them and every now and then he hauls out a net full and throws them in a hole to keep their numbers down.

Why doesn't he donate them to the starving people in the village down the hill? The last time he did they claimed they were given off fish and that he was trying to poison them with "mud fish"

You can kill them with lime and smoke them dry but they still taste like mud.

>salmon
>chili powder and spices
>fry
Tastes pretty good to me

Are you saying that chili powder isn't a spice?

no it's a seasoning

Seasoning = spice

salt is a spice now?

Why isn't it a spice? What makes something else a spice?

Salt is, and has always been, a spice, in addition to many other things.

Chili powder and other spices*. Happy?

Salmon's pretty good. I'm sure that the worst fish is some kind of white fish/bottom feeder. Mind you, salmon's popularity means there are plenty of cases of dumbwits cooking salmon. An oily fish like salmon is best cooked quickly and not turned to overcooked mushy garbage.

Wikipedia is wrong.

Thank you.

Not that guy, but it's actually this ongoing issue that's kind of interesting to read about. Along with the maple syrup/saffron/truffle scams. Food can represent fortunes, so of course people fuck with it.

Salmon tastes awful.

Nobody is dying monkfish to look like salmon though, the guy is just an idiot. He thinks that since he can't tell the difference no one else can.

There are some substitutions that are hard to detect but that's not one of them.

exactly. not least because pic related

He could have probably turned them into feed for livestock.

>need to be told what's good
and you expect that to work here too?

>normies
stopped reading there

I don't like salmon at all. I do like tuna.

Sushi is meh for me
I'd like to try the korean versiĆ³n though

Fair. It's been a few moons since I read about what was being swapped, and monkfish for salmon makes no financial sense.

I get around fish swapping issues by mostly eating whole fish. I like to eat the cheeks and eyes.

Stop liking what i dont like

I don't really like fish unless it's been processed into something weird like fake crab or fish sticks or something. my body actually feels weird and unhappy after i've eaten a lot of fish oil.. it comes out of my pores and makes my piss smell weird.
so it's not really a surprise that the two fish i like (tuna and salmon) are such abnormal and atypical fish. they really don't seem like fish at all, they hold together into a solid-ish mass instead of just dissolving into lacey flakes like most cooked fish

All seafood is meme tier.

>being this triggered by a fish
How white are you op

I prefer it smoked but it's all good.

Monkfish is GOAT though.

this. In sashimi or smoked. Cooked and especially spritzed with citrus and dill is vomit tier

>likes shrimp
>hates lobster
>hates salmon
Shit taste confirmed.

salmon is delicious you're just gay and retarded op

Shrimp is excellent, as is salmon.
Lobster is ok.

FUCK SALMON Salmon are the CHADS of the fucking sea. It's unfair that no matter how hard I work and try I will always be Brad the Tuna. All the girls flock to the Chads in the OCEAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE