I want to sit alone in a dimly-lit room and drink half a bottle of wine. What would you recommend?

I want to sit alone in a dimly-lit room and drink half a bottle of wine. What would you recommend?

I was thinking cabernet.

here ya go fagmaster

I'm doing the same except it's a generic 'Red Wine' from Spain. So lonely.....

You two should get together and share a bottle.

Merlot is better for that

I prefer pinot noir.

something pitch black and bitter

2.50 bottle of Winking Owl Pinot Grigio from Aldi

>merlot

Pinot Noir is not supposed to be pitch black nor bitter. Ideally it should be crimson colored and taste like very restrained cherry. It should also be very light bodied as far as red wine goes. You are drinking bad Pinot.

I'd recommend a low-mid range Côtes du Rhône.

dry sherry

safe bet

>slapping the bag...
liquid panty remover or boxer-brief remover.
fun as fuck to drink while watching a movie or playing a vidya.

>share a bottle.
where do you think you are?

>half a bottle
Is that considered a lot? I drank 2 bottles yesterday and I'm drinking one right now.

Depends on who you talk to. Back when I was a heavier drinker two bottles of wine was no big deal for me. Now that I drink less drinking an entire bottle by myself seems a little much, though it wouldn't fuck me up (unless I decided to go driving after).

A doctor would probably tell you any more than a glass or so a day is probably doing you more harm than good. But my experience is that most folks who drink wine rarely just drink a single glass of it.

Spot the California '''''wine''''' drinker
>b-but accurate labels are to protect big business, it's my freedom to be sold brazenly mislabeled goods!
This is what Americans believe

Drinking a bottle with food over the course of several hours is fine. Shotgunning one while you buttchug the other will kill you.

>what Americans believe
not all of us, i posted this:

I'm in the mood to shitpost
>b-but muh judgment of paris
Do Americans really?

Keep in mind you'd have no viniculture to speak of if American rootstock hadn't saved your vines from phylloxera.
Kinda emblematic for your contemporary culture as a whole.

Im gonna second this. Only affordable wine you can drink in Paris. Everything is 10€ or more, even BEER, but Côtes is always like 5.

I'm from the Canary Islands

b-but ... we can say that about your wine culture in the USA too!

This is a West Coast thing. On the East Coast we're too busy drinking French, Spanish and Italian wines to bother with the overpriced, overly fruity, overly alcoholic stuff from California.

It really blow my mind how expensive European wine is on the west coast, stuff I consider "midweek tier" ($12-15) is like $25 a bottle there

No wonder Califags drink so much garbage local wine, it's all they can afford

this

The way I understand it is as follows: On the East Coast it's not all that expensive to ship wine from Europe by boat. So while European wine is still much more expensive there than in Europe, it's still pretty cheap compared to other places in the US, where wine then has to then be trucked to its destination. That makes it very expensive to get all the way to the West Coast.

Californians are really proud of their wine because of muh Judgment of Paris. This means rich Californians happily pay outrageous sums for the nicest wines made in the Napa Valley. The problem is that the more pedestrian California wines left for everybody else to drink are mediocre to awful. With few exceptions Cali wines are really only drinkable at the high ens.

fucking amateurs

ugh god no it's too much

Fucking this. Switched to Washington wines and I'm really hoping they don't get fucked like California did.

MAAAHHAAA THE FRENSCH CHAMPAGGNEEEE