How do you hold your Kindle? Also, do you use a case?

How do you hold your Kindle? Also, do you use a case?

god damn, what book is that? that is some awful writing to be completely honest familiar

Same as that OP, bottom resting on the pinky. Official case's are criminally expensive, almost expensive as the kindle itself. And for some reason all the bookstore chains removed amazon products

I hold it with my right hand or both hands. I have the official leather case with a little discount in black because I didn't want to skimp out on it. I saw people with cheaper cases have theirs falling apart.

The force awakens novel, I just started it and I'm not really liking it

I do have the leather case but I find it a little bulky so I just take it off when I'm reading and put it on when I'm going out.

I can understand that since it does add a bit of bulk. But after owning so many other electronic devices I still think of the horror of my kindle ever falling and the screen cracking.

I wrap my entire right hand around mine. When I need to put it in my bag, I wrap a bandana around it snuggly.

I feel you, I just try to use it while sitting on a sofa or holding it tightly. On my 20 years of living I've never cracked any screen, surprisingly.

Have you considered buying a sleeve for it? I've seen some nice ones on Amazon.

the official leather case is worth it. I had my Paperwhite for 4 days and it already was covered in smudges.

I, uh, don't, op, lmao.

you don't hold it, op. you take it and throw it in the trash. go pick up a physical book.

That is a physical object, as a book is a physical object, you troll.

you look fat as fuck op

Well I'm kinda chubby I and my hands aren't that fat though

i like a case cuz you can flip it open and it will go to the page you left off at :^) which is pretty bitchin

Your mother is a physical object -- namely, a cum-dumpster.

>tfw reading Sade on your Kobo H20 in the bathtub and just propping it up against your erect benis

Are you Mexican

What the fuck is that book?

I read with case on but am restless so i shift positioning alot

Yes, why?

It's The force awakens novel.

>It's The force awakens novel.
Are you 12 years old, or do you suffer from a mental disability?

why dont you lift ?

Anyone get some dark grey dots on theirs? I think it might be from bumping into pens and stuff in my bag

I got autism a year ago when I started browsing Veeky Forums, so there's that

I started lifting last week actually! Shit's been pretty hard for me actually, but hopefully in a couple of months I'll get slimmer

The first one was for you lel

Help...

>How do you hold your Kindle?
The traditional way.
>Also, do you use a case?
Yes. i dont shit goes on my screen

usually i have my naked little sister stand before me holding the kindle out in front of her at my eye level about a foot away from me.
no i fuck her bareback.

had the same shit happen to me. Buy a kindle paperwhite next time.
Fucking kobo.

Do many people actually use this? I've always been a fan of physical copies myself.

>80% read
>pixels decide to take a nap
kek.
Those feels. Was the book any good? I hope it wasn't a page-turner.

i love my kobo + cover. i just put the three other fingers through the covers strap.

Nothing beats the nook STR though, i loved the physical buttons

That's because you don't wash your fat hands with those lard-smudged, deformed kielbasa-like fingers you use to haul hot wings to your maw, clumsily wipe your various sphincters and literally shitpost with shit encrusted fingernails, you try-hard amerilard fucktard.

Just in case anyone has the same problem I had... If adding books to your Kobo doesn't seem to work (you can drag them to the ereader, but they don't appear on the device), try deleting any library (and maybe other) books you added using Adobe Digital Editions.

No idea if the problem was Adobe or Kobo or both, but it was hella annoying until I found the answer online.

Get a kindle 4 if you can, those physical buttons are great

I hold it with my right hand. Fingers behind and thumb possitioned to turn pages.
Always use a case, it could mean everything if you drop it.

>not using a Kindle
>mom bought Lee Carvallo's Reading Challenge
>explain how "muh hipster snowflake" e-reader (that is just plain inferior to Kindle) is better

wahh wahh go cry to mommy

Truth be told, Star Wars novelizations don't have to be terrible. The Revenge of the Sith novel was a pretty good read (for genre fiction), and a lot better than the movie.

I use this piece of electronic cancer. It works fine, honestly, the only issue is that the touchscreen is unresponsive as hell.

>do people actually use a piece of technology that's sold over 50 million units guise
>guise
>muh physical copies

Yeah I got a paperwhite a few years ago as a present and its probably the most useful thing I own
I can hear about a book here, pay £2 for it on the amazon store and be reading it in 40 seconds

or, better yet, steal it from bookzz, because fuck supporting authors amirite

tfw no chubby bf
your hands aren't very though

physical copies are for scattering around in a deliberately unintentional way when you have people over;

Hopefully oriented the right way this time.

You're a big guy.

This is him

Pls b my bf

Okay

Nice, what do we do now?

I know that exact feel

Get lost and fuck you both.

You think he'll let me fuck him already?

I have a case (it's a Kobo though) but I only really use the case when traveling. Now that I'm at the hotel I'll be staying at for a while, I removed it from the case since it is less awkward to hold that way.

Get a cheap case from eBay, they're about $5
Getting a case from Amazon is just stupid

Sold units do not equal used units.

Even assuming 50% of the people bought and proceeded to throw out/ignore their ereaders (a fairly generous estimate), you'd still have a shitload of people using them.

I should get an e-reader, it'll stop me buying so many physical books. But I can't read off electronic screens, I get mad headaches. Sucks ;_;

Ehh, you can adjust the settings so it's far less irritating. Go with a light brown and a much darker brown for page and text colors, respectively. Much more pleasant to look at than stark black on white. Some reader apps (moon+ reader pro, probably others, but that's what I use) even have blue light filters so the screen isn't so sunlight-y.

got my kindle in 2011, never got a case, its still trucking after many blows.

Bought a kindle this week, got east of Eden on Amazon. Where can I find more books online for free?

ereaders were made exactly because of that, e-ink feels like a book. It's nothing like a cellphone or a computer.

Actually e-ink screens, sometimes (for example where there is a low light), are even better for the eyes than paper itself. I'm not joking.

wher r u

in your head

Hold it either like this or with both hands senpai. The case is somewhat annoying but constantly removing it and putting it back on seems like a hassle.

Forgot pic.

he said, shitposting twelve hours a day via a screen

Project Gutenburg

Penguin classics make great coasters

I get headaches with screens to, senpai, but e-readers are completely different. If there's a light at all, it's front-lit like a normal reading light. It really is just like reading a book. Just don't get a Kindle Fire or some stupid shit like that, those are LCD.

Is there a hack for the Kindle to get the font to go smaller than the built-in lowest setting?

Kobo glo hd with sleep cover case. The case is 11/10 soft leather and folds backwards and closes with the same magnet. I hold it like OP with my right hand

Thus

Curse Amazon for locking buttons to the 300+ piece of hardware that is the Oasis.

Had a nook color several years ago and have been jonesing for an e-ink device, but fuck paying that much.

Should I get the paper white today for 100, or spring for one of the kobo models?

Go kobo, epubs are easier to find. Or, better yet, get a tablet because moon+ reader pro is infinitely better than any software that comes with e-ink devices. Unless you really care about having the e-ink part, I guess.

I have an Asus T100 sitting around that I used to detach for books and graphic novels.

Wish I wouldn't have cracked the screen - have a replacement but I haven't had the time to tackle it.

I WOULD be able to handle comics and pdf (teacher here) exponentially better if I could get around to the repair...

Ereader would be great for size and battery life though.

>implies I have a Kindle

i hold it like that with my right hand. i use a fabric case i made myself

>small sans-serif font

you're going to bach yourself

are you a qt girl?

If you don't mind the black and white you can read comics on a kobo suprisingly well

>The force awakens novel, I just started it and I'm not really liking it
why read it then? is it atleast fun?

Take a pic! I'd like to take a look at it.

I stopped reading it:) I started reading God's delusion

Can you guys point me to a decent collection of classic ebooks, possibly in epub or mobi?

Two hands on sides, and self made soft leather pocket. It does not look all that good, but keeps dust off.

project gutenberg

I'm not some wiener that actually uses a Kindle.

If I could read Veeky Forums on a kindle I would, nobody browses the internet on shit displays out of choice.
>lighting in the room, distance from the screen, glare on the screen, seating posture, and the angle of your head or display
All things that can cause general discomfort while using a computer. An e-ink "book" sized device lets you find the perfect level of each of the above, conversely computer monitors are shit at finding the perfect comfort for any of those and tablets are sub optimal at everything but finding a good position to hold the display at. Stop being one of the people spreading this shit meme argument in every ereader thread.

You guys are weird.

Hello, nigger.

>implying that hand is yours

looks like the hand of an old man

check ur lotion privilege

Duokan was the boss. It seems to me like rooting the kindle is p straightforward.

a 50 year old black man reading american gods is on Veeky Forums

More or less like that, or with both hands. I do have one of the leather cases for it.

How to switch to e-reader in general, I can't focus on electronic screen. I still read paper lecture notes too.

Hope you're neurotypical on your next reincarnation.