Which of Stephen King's books would you say come the closest to being considered literature?

Which of Stephen King's books would you say come the closest to being considered literature?

None of them.

/thread

Now go on back to /r/books kiddo.

The stand probably.

>posting a picture of stephen king
>not posting a picture of stephen king in which he's wearing his autism goggles

also
/thread-ing yourself like a scrub

Stop trying to show you're a good writer, just tell a fucking story

>calling someone a scrub while simultaneously being a scrub yourself

That's the quintessential scrub move.

stephen kings face looks like a cartoon skull

why this nigga look like an oblivion character?

The first half of Bag of Bones

People say Hearts in Atlantis, but I thought it was boring shite and couldn't get through it... so maybe people are right and it's Moby Dick tier.

He's so fucking bad at writing

> Moby Dick
> boring shite

Literature is wasted on people like you.

Yeah, and I bet you like the essay cutaway gags in Les Miserable.

no u

All trash

Still far away from literature, but this is his best.

Stephen King's writing is all about the tweest.

Bingo!

And we have a winner!

This.

Also Misery is pretty fun as a meta-commentary on shitty fans, the creative process and self-editing. Still not literature though.

>Crazy bitch.

>sleeping the sleep of drugs

King haters galore.

"I am an arbiter of great writing guys! I am on Veeky Forums unable to produce any, but I certainly know what's good and what isn't."

There would even be a place for you to argue and possibly provide solid points to your opinion but the least that you can bother is a smelly mouthbreathing comment about how someone who is writing and isn't on Veeky Forums bitching about writing is shit.

you seem upset

>you seem upset.

So do the rest of you.

to be fair he could be on Veeky Forums and his writing would still be shit.

He's far too busy writing about literally anything. And that's not a compliment.

You see, I can provide a legitimate criticism of his work. It's lazy, its often out of touch, several of his works are primarily just layman edgy content.

But this is all because he writes for fun. Hes a 21st century dime novelist who enjoys the process of having fun with writing. Occasionally his random fantasies are good. Sometimes he places himself inside the fucking book.

Regardless he's fun to read. Because reading and writing isnt entirely elitism and silently getting angry that the world won't respect or read your novel about Rome (because you think you have the spirit of a tough Roman inside) or some 2deep4u nonsense that was created out of pure pompous attitude. There are other examples but I'm sure the anons who subscribe to them have already shit on other anons who have those ideas and then secretly stole them, and therefore are acquainted with them.

That of course isn't directed at every user.

You get my point though, I believe. Or at least you should.

>the world should be a hugbox

Probably a grocery list.

That's just bad.

is this really in the novel?

>Everyone should just be a condescending elitist faggot.

I grant you your hugbox.

I didn't even ask for a hugbox. But it sure is fun to use Internet words I guess.

>don't ever disagree with someone or else you are a pussy.

It

I disagree that King writes literature.

A hugbox, by the way, was invented by Temple Grandin, a professor of animal science who has autism. She's pretty well known.

Few words that the internet butchers and beats to death are their own words. I'm sure you can list examples.

I also didn't even disagree with you there. King writes scary stories to read when bored.

The condescending and shit filled tone that came with it was what I found funny, coming from anonymous man children who like I said before think anything that doesn't speak to their basic values or validate them is trash.

"Oh its not the type of writing I like to read? It's shit then!"

"Oh this book challenges my political views or the author does? What trash!"

"Does this writer not write in my specific taste? Oh my god he must be a fucking idiot waste then!"

It's not hard to understand.

It's not your definition of literature. Because you are pompous enough to consider things that you dont like to be not even considered in the terms that would regularly describe them.

As unique as you consider yourself, you are about a dime a dozen of elitists who are the proof that congregations of minds on the internet are always doomed to fail.

There's criticism and then there is just shitting on someone for personal reasons.

I like some Stephen King. I posted the Rage book.

Some literature is scary, too.

That's all besides the point. Your initial elitist attitude is what is awful and its only allowed because of your anonymous status.

You'll grow up, don't worry, bye.

Fags rule Veeky Forums.

Deal with it.

That one book set in Maine.

do you like olives? some people really love them and some people really hate them. ive never really met someone who was just ok on olives. not really a middle ground there. what do you think user

Unpitted black ones preferably, or if you're in a situation where spitting pits might be considered indelicate, then the pimiento-stuffed green ones will suffice.

the unpitted blacks are my least favorite. green is where its at my man

Not sure if I can judge the green ones properly, as every green olive I've eaten has been stuffed with something - almonds, blue cheese, garlic, anchovies, or the aforementioned pimiento. I wonder why it's the green ones that get the stuffing.

i think that they have a stronger and better taste when you take a separate bite thp