Alright Veeky Forums time for a cook along thread!

Alright Veeky Forums time for a cook along thread!

Today I'm making some good ol jambalaya. Here you can see for my veggies:
Onion, bell pepper, green onion, mushroom, celery, and garlic

My meats I have 1lb chicken, 1 lb pork, and 1lb smoked sausage (the chicken is marinated in Mexican spices and the sausage, sadly, is not andouille. I bought ingredients at the Mexican mart)

Let's get started, shall we?

aww shit son, i was about to make some jambalaya

Let's not.

Heyyy fuck you guy!

Alright we've got our mis en place. Nice rough chop, nice chunks of meat...we will need a big ol stock pot

First we will need to oil up our pan and cook our pork....I have no oil so I'm gonna use a big fat spoonful of bacon grease...then I'll start cooking my pork....this part takes a good while because you want your pork dark brown, so keep your fire pretty high....

Pigflesh is haram, brother.

Alright! This is what we are going for!

You want your pork dark brown, really well cooked...to the point where it starts sticking to the pot...that's what gives the jambalaya it's brown color...look at this...

Now it's time to add our chicken and sausage

Alright, here's the part that makes cajun food take forever...we wanna turn our fire way down and cook our meat long and low...make sure it's tender...

>.jpg
>not actually jpegs
>fuck huge filesizes

no thanks

aw fuck please throw that green onion away

No. I just broke off the nasty parts. It's fine. We don't waste food in the south boy.

Now, see this grease here? We don't want that. Let's drain it off, then add our garlic and cajun holy trinity. The garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper

>not actually jpegs

you cant lie about file types and have them still work, if it wasnt a jpeg it wouldnt open

they eat rotten food in the south...

I won't tell anyone

They're not rotten you uppity turd. The tips of the green onion dry out first. If you break them off they're still flavorful.

Now let's turn up the heat and carmalize our veggies...pay attention to your pot boys n girls

where the fuck is the cat?

it is clearly rotten

yes you can

Time to add our chicken stock...7 cups stock to 4 cups dry rice, that's your golden ratio. Let's just cook this for about 10 minutes...

Now that our stock is at a rolling boil, let's throw in our onions and mushrooms, shall we? We will let this simmer for about 15 minutes...

While our seasonings are simmering, let's add our seasonings. This is my selection (my pantry is limited)

I use a combination of soy sauce and fish sauce in place of seasoning sauce, same shit....

You want it to be a little over-seasoned because once you add the rice, it will soak up a lot of flavor!

Time to add our 4 cups of dry rice...that will drop the temperature so let's turn our heat back up!

Once it reaches a rolling boil, we will simmer it for another 15 minutes, covered this time...
Don't forget to wash your rice!

Lookin' good! Let's give it a stir and let it go another 15 minutes....

Extra water and fat means it cooks a little longer....man this smells good...can't wait!

Alright finished
Holy shit guys, this tastes so good...
That mexican chicken marinade turned my rice red though..oh well, tastes right! Perfectly seasoned! Hope yall enjoyed this thread coo/ck/s!