What is the drink of choice for seasoned, hardcore, veteran alcoholics?

What is the drink of choice for seasoned, hardcore, veteran alcoholics?

It's gin, right? I've never seen a true honest-to-god drunk drink anything except Ol' Bumpy.

vodka and piss-weak beer is the canonic combo

$9 fifth of cheap whiskey

Vodka cheap and can be made into very good cocktails mox drinks also it looks like water and produces less of a smell.

Brandy seems to be a popular one.

Yeah I see bums hammered on Apple Jack all the time.

At least where I'm from, I would say that Jim Beam is the favored drink of drunks as well. Either that or Wild Turkey 101.

I like brokers gin. I have reached enlightenment and go through a few bottles a week. It's the only time I feel happier.

Here is always Christian Brothers because it's cheap and local.

Cheap bottom shelf cider, actually. (In Canada and the UK)

doesn't seem like it would be nearly strong enough to make the price worth it. Drunks like
a) low price
b) high ABV
Gives them the most bang for their buck

The hardcore ones that I see ending up in court are usually drinking cheap vodka, cheap wisky, or cheap beer.

Gin is for functional alcoholics.

Alcoholics drink whatever is sold in plastic or paper bottles/boxes.
Which is usually vodka or "malt beverage".

CHEAP Gin is for people that still have at least some scraps of dignity.

Double ipa's, imperial stouts and the like. The stuff tastes so good you can't help becoming an alkie

boxes of fortified wine

Are you retarded? Actual alcoholics don't drink your faggy craft meme-beers. They drink the nastiest, cheapest, strongest swill you can find.

Homeless tier hardcore: Cheap strong beer, probably what Americans would call malt liquor.

Functional tier: Vodka.

I guess I am a high functioning alcoholic, I drink about half a fifth of Bombay Sapphire a day. Usually just on the rocks or neat, sometimes with soda water. I kill a lot of wine too, work 6 days a week and lead a pretty normal life.

everyone I talk to thinks I'm weird for mixing coke with my gin

is this weird Veeky Forums?

vodka. dark liquor causes worse hangovers. known thing, Google it.

who gives a shit? do as you fucking please

Steel Reserve.

I would say Sysco, but I'm pretty sure that has crack in it.

This is what I drink.

Probably about 4 bottles a day.
Great value for money.

Helps me forget how shit my life is while simultaeneously reminding me of it.
Alcohol is poison, being an alcoholic is suffering. I dont care if i live or die anymore.

Gin is a meme. Not 6 years ago no one gave a shit about gin and stores barely had any good shit.

Gin is OK for intoxication if you are Victorian fishwife buts its not nearly as palatable neat despite its proof and and price point for anything that isn't pig swill is steep just to be shitfaced.

Jug or box of wine is and always has been the way to go. Wino or bust.

>Gin is a meme.
Dipshit.

I drink a lot of bourbon and vodka, and I'm what most would consider an alcoholic

That's the real alky's choice

Wine out of a box and the cheapest beer you can find.

If you still care about taste, even a little bit, there might be stiill hope for you.

Itt: what visible alcoholics drink.

Cheap booze is a false economy.

This.

>faggy craft meme-beers.

Wine hence the term "winos".

>this day and age
>making gin tonic with schweppes of all tonic waters
wew lad
e
w

l
a
d

>What is the drink of choice for seasoned, hardcore, veteran alcoholics?
cheap stuff, depending on where you live it will be cheap bourbon, cheap vodka, cheap wine, cheap gin and so on
>is this weird Veeky Forums?
yes
I gotta try it now tho

>Apple Jack
fucking barneyfag

Actual alcoholic here (trying to home detox currently).

Both of these are correct. 90% of what I drink is bottom shelf vodka, but if I go out to eat or are in a social setting where sipping room temp rubbing alcohol is embarrassing, I'm drinking "Double ipa's, imperial stouts and the like" (also homebrew, but still primarily drink bottom shelf 40% swill).

Paint thinner, with a chaser of bleach.

I was going to post this. It's for people who have given up trying to enjoy alcohol, and now view it as a simple daily necessity.

I would bet money that you also smoke rolling tobacco and have long hair. Bonus points if you listen to either metal or classic rock.

White Shitening mixes well with cordial, especially blackcurrant. I used to mix it with super strength lager for an ultimate snakebite. But i would recommend treating yourself to something completely different. Growing your own magic mushrooms is best value for getting off your face. £80 investment in the gear and then it's virtually nothing from then on. You just need to read up on the PF Tek and buy all the shit online.

I'm assuming this is legal in your country of course, I couldn't possibly advise breaking the law in an online forum, and in many countries (eg the UK), psilocybin mushrooms are a class A drug and can get you into prison if you're caught growing them.

I was going to start doing it myself with a budget loan but then I found just how illegal it is in the UK.

nah it was surprisingly good when I tried it too, unlike vodka mixed with coke.

Other odd combinations that I like(where I'm from)
Rum and Ginger ale
Gin and Ginger ale
Vodka and Ginger ale

Now that I think about it, I like Ginger ale, any other stuff you can mix with it?

Both whiskey and tequila work alright with ginger ale.

White rum and ginger ale with a slice of lime (AKA a Dark and Stormy) is the best ginger ale cocktail I know of though.

Those combinations aren't weird at all

Gotta try tequila. I don't like whiskey though

Yeah, Dark and Stormy is so fucking good.
Too bad I'm a poorfag atm so I can't afford liquor

I drink about three of these a night when I'm drinking.

Best ABV for the price you can get in Canada.

Well, where I'm from they are

gin is one of the only liquors i havent had. it cant be any worse than brandy, right?

$12 handle of cheap overproofed rum if you're going for sheer volume of hard liquor, for some reason whiskey in my area is 1.5x the price of rum

>he hasn't had good brandy
If you're gonna buy poorfag gin you won't have a good time with that either.

Frosty Jacks my favourite, or Frosty Jakes as we call it in Scotland

I actually don't know hardcore alcoholics who drink gin. It's cheap beer, vodka and whiskey mostly.

True degenerates also go for mouthwash.

brandy in general is fucking gross.

faggot. Go guzzle down another six pack of bud lite

lol being this triggered over brandy. nigger detected.

>2016
>being this much of a tasteless pleb
Ishygddt

If you honestly don't think brandy is good you're either a fucking 18 year old kid who can only drink hard liquor if it's a shot, or a tasteless pleb. Either way, kill yourself you worthless fuck. Nobody loves you and nobody will be worse for your loss

T R I G G E R E D

Lurk moar before posting again pls

P L E B
L
E
B

Having an ice cold g and t right this minute

ever tried a whiskey tonic?

No but I am curious now

Which whiskey do you recommend? They have a pretty large selection here

>menthol

>international damage

I guess I stumbled onto an embassy's front lawn once walking home drunk but I'm pretty sure it wasn't considered an invasion of their sovereign rights

Do you even nig bro?

I used to smoke those camels with the menthol click thing but that's pretty much just for white lesbians

everclear and water with powdered drink mix

only the first two are rough

Functioning alcoholic reporting in. I go through a fifth of whiskey a day. Luckily i make enough to support this habit. I love me some irish whiskey.

And I'm out of whiskey for the night. I have ciders and beer i the fridge but i might as well drink water for how drunk they'll make me. Why

I tried it with a cheap bourbon, fucking godly

yup i would do that if i could take it but i can't. i get a handle of cheapest vodka and mix with self made lemonade or orange juice if i can afford it. OJ is best because its less acidic tho, also i really advise going against getting the artificial OJ. Makes the drink taste like an industrial cleaner

I had a hardcore alchie staying at my house a while back. He switched from 2-3 handles of Fireball a week to Beefeater as a health decision.

>11%
>tfw I'm a Burger so all I see is shit 6% swill

God damn.

Guy who used to work in a liquor store here.

The drunks I usually encountered, as in the smelly fucking bums who beg half-blasted for shekels, go for Natty Ice (since my place didn't have any malt liquor because not enough demand), cheap brandy like Remy or some cheap rye like Canadian Club.
Thug looking blacks almost ALWAYS get Hennessy, or Courvoisier if its sold out. The better looking ones, who are usually Caribbean in heritage, get Wray and Nephew or whatever spiced Rum is on sale along with whatever personal tastes they have be it corona or bud light or moscato wine or Ballantine's or whatever.

Go to a black populated city and you'll find malt liqour there. Or a liqour store. Or if you look for more than a millisecond you'll notice almost every place sells an 8% brew

The only hardcore alcoholic I really knew would just have a 2l of diet coke and a fifth of this a day.

Bottom shelf gin doesn't hit it as good as bottom of the barrel vodka.

The baby college and post-college burnout alchies I knew would go for all manner of corner store goodies. Steele reserve, four loko, and olde english were staples.

>cheapest vodka

holy fuck I hope you aren't using crystal palace, if so you are already dead. I just SUKA's platinum lately because my liquor store has it mad cheap, but I'm a stoli or smeared-off fag myself so my clear liquor tastes have so financial backing to them. If I'm really strapped, then I settle for criztal poison

still better than cp

This is the highest I've seen in the states. It's not so good and that's coming from someone who actually enjoys Steel Reserve.

you must not be looking very hard. or you're not really burger.

four loko is 12% and the gold can is 14%

Are you in the south?
Up here in New England, 8%+ stuff is everywhere.

Rum and Ginger ale = Dark N Stormy

Vodka and Ginger ale = Moscow Mule

Essentially.

Rye special
Rye + ginger
Rye press

Rye.

You stupid worthless prick. A Dark n' Stormy is rum and ginger BEER. Not only that, but the rum has to be Gosling's Black Seal Rum.

And a Moscow Mule is, again, ginger BEER, not ginger ale.

You are a worthless scummy prick. Kill yourself. People who spread disinformation like you deserve to be disemboweled alive.

See for being an alcoholic as fuck country, Scotland has a shite selection of alcohol.

Pizza and beer. Pizza contains all the food groups

nah ur the pretentious prissy faggot

>ginger BEER
Same thing.

The fuck are you talkin about?
Busch light
Bud light
Coors light
Michelob ultra light
Canadian club
Myer's rum
any fuckin wine under $15 a bottle

Veteran alcoholics aren't just gin drinkers.

Makers if you want it dry, crown maple if you want it too sweet.

>Busch light
>Bud light
>Coors light
>Michelob ultra light

As an alcoholic, it would be impossible for me to choke back any of those fast enough to get anything resembling a buzz.

Also an alchie here. Recently came around the bend to Busch Light again. It's beer water, so I can drink it with wild abandon.

I literally couldn't drink water fast enough if it had that low of an abv, and water at least tastes good. Anything other than 80 proof feels like a chore, and if I'm drinking beer or wine with others I'll pregame with vodka.

>maker's
>dry

I'll try a whiskey and tonic the next time I go out but I rye would be the best option

Dude, we aren't talking about quick, late night binges. We're talking about real alcoholism.

this neg knows

I agree! It was the only think I could make out that wasn't meme tier or sweet tier. Even though it is a little sweet.

It sounds like you got it backwards then.

I casually drink vodka from the moment I wake up until I pass out at night. If I were going to get drunk on light beer it would have to be during a late night binge where I slam a 24 pack in an hour. If I tried to drink a light beer throughout the day it would have no more effect on me than water, except probably give me a headache.

Trust me, I know real alcoholism.

I think you are experiencing levels of alcoholism that shouldn't be possible. The hardest alcoholics I know don't drink 24/7 and I work in the ICU.

the hardest alcoholics I know don't make it to the ICU. Trust me I'm an ambulance.

>I'm an ambulance

I just continually sip on vodka, and have it with all my meals. I'm trying to cut it back, but for about the past year I was doing around half a handle every day.

I'd drink more at night, but I was never doing shots or anything like that; just drinking continuously like it was water and I was parched.

wats wrong