/GMOs/

why are you still eating GMOs, Veeky Forums?

why are you still an insufferable cunt op

That's a steamed egg vs an overboiled egg you faggot.

Thats an overcooked hardboiled egg on the right, now knock it the fuck off.

GMOs are the fucking greatest. WTF? Are you one of those crazy people who believe conspiracy theories?

Please don't tell me this is a thing. It's going around NSA Normie Book, right? Or Twatter?

People are going to fall for it because they don't know the difference between a steamed egg and a hard boiled egg.

I guarantee it is on facebook

OP is probably shitposting, but if not, he's likely one of those people who thinks GMO are some evil scientist creation that makes food infect people with gay or mind control shit. Or that the GMO is some sort of evil hybrid which offends God.

Then goes on to say that tomatoes, wheat, milk and eggs don't count as GMO's because "muh selective breeding!!!" not understanding that a GMO would be the EXACT FUCKING SAME THING just without the decades of work creating such breeds.

GMO's can fix so much shit, yet people are scared. Just like Stem Cell research was blocked by Bush. Bananas are going to die out. Cavandish have now been infected by the fungus. They're dying out. Editing their genes to make them immune to disease will allow them to survive. The alternatives don't exist as far as we know. There is no known banana which is resistant to the fungus. So we can't cross breed it.

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Organic and GMO aren't contradictory, but Monsanto has specific requirements for handling GMO crops that normally does contradict the "organic" label. I'm not even sure what a "GMO egg" or "organic egg" would be other than selectively-bred chickens.

It's not like feral GMO chickens are going to mass breed and destroy the environment. I don't think anyone has a copyright on a chicken genome and I don't think animal breeding is as precise or consistent as plants.

Seriously, what the fuck is a "GMO chicken?" Is it just a broiler?

Pic related is a broiler chicken. Is there something wrong with them, or what? You can't clone and transplant chicken parts the same way you can transplant, say, Meyer lemons. Please explain the problem to me in detail.

wtf i hate GMOs now

it's the feed, not the chicken itself

I wasn't aware that only GM eggs can be over cooked.

I'm pretty sure Bush just blocked embryonic stem cell research because, you know, you have to kill babies to get the embryonic stem cells.

>Aborted fetuses are babies

>life doesn't begin at conception

i identify as a GMO

I've got family in the farm business. They hate gmo protestors. Right now, wheat is being developed to have 1/3 of the starch of current wheat. It grows better and tastes the same, bit contains far less starch. This would be a HUGE advancement in cutting back obesity. How can you possibly argue against that

>Organic and GMO aren't contradictory
This. One of the biggest benefits of GMOs is that they are modified to be grown with less pesticides.

>ratfaced bitch

LMAO so much (((Monsanto))) shills here.

SPOILER: Humans have been 'genetically modifying' our food for tens of thousands of years. But by all means continue to pee your pants with your pitiful ignorance.

Huh?

because cavemen successfully mated squids with ears of corn and spiders with goats ALL the time, right? :^)

Alright, I'm going to tech college for sustainable agriculture, and thus know from the written standpoint, at least here in Wisconsin, what would make a chicken be organic.

From my understanding, in order to get chickens worth raising, you have to combine the foraging with grain based organic feed, because if they were to just forage they wouldn't get enough fat and meat on them.

I'm losing track of the irony levels here

>sUCC

>all gm crops are squid-goat-t rex-spider-corn-lettuce-tomatoes

It mentions elsewhere in this book that you can't use antibiotics and still be considered organic. It's expected that if the animal does become sick you treat it, then sell it as non organic

You can use vaccines however, it's highly encouraged

You realize genes are genes, and genes are simple strands of 4 nucleotides, right? A gene in a spider is not really intrinsically different than a gene in a flower; indeed, they might even have a nearly exact copy of some ultraconserved regions.

>Traditional cultivation: Modifying genotype via selecting of phenotype.
>GMO: Modifying genotype directly to obtain desired phenotype.

Really, I'd think GMO is safer because you know exactly what you're doing and what you're getting.

>"organic"
Get the water boiling, then drop the eggs in, boil for 15-20 minutes depending on size and take out or water

>"GMO" egg
Place eggs in water and bring water to a boil. Let sit for 20 to 25 minutes. turn heat off and let eggs continue to sit in water. Then, after another 20 to 25 minutes, remove eggs.

Because I don't get my food/cooking advice from Web MD and Doctor Oz.

You're retarded

Such good discourse

Maybe not, but your father successfully mated with a pig.

>boil for 15-20 minutes
What in god's name.

Because the dark act

If what you faglords are saying is true, than anyone, or any parent that conceived a person that ate GMO foods can never be gmo-free. That means that GMO is everywhere. And your children will be gmo too.

Anyone get vaccines? Logically we only the fit survive and if you contain gmos than you are alive by genetic modification. 4/7ths of the population should be dead, technically.

That's why sperging out over GMOs is weird and often the complaints don't make a lot of sense.

Obviously the right one is overcooked, but the gray ring is from iron compounds seeping out of the yolk because the egg was not put in ice water immediately

We now know that there is more than one kind of stem cell

Because, technically speaking, the majority of our food is "GMO."

Human beings have selectively breed plants and animals to favor certain genes over others since recorded human history.

Just because you hate science doesn't make you right, it makes you a baka!

Genuinely organic eggs have orange yolks and are usually smaller.

The color of the yolk depends on the chicken's diet. It has nothing to do with "organic" or otherwise. One can easily find factory farmed eggs with orange yolks---they do this by adding a dye to the feed. Commonly it's an extract made from marigold flowers.

Selective breeding and inserting genes from a completely different organism are two different things. I don't avoid GMOs, but I recognize that the process is nowhere near the same.

I don't buy into GMO/Organic hype. I grow a garden every year, with seeds and sprouts from an amish community 30 minutes away. I also buy my eggs local, from 2 or 3 different places who use different breeds of chicken.

If I'm using eggs in something, I can't generally tell a difference between eggs from Wally World or down the road. But if I fry the egg, or make mayonaise, I can tell a major difference in flavor between the two every time.