How can real life be this gripping holy shit

How can real life be this gripping holy shit

It isn't, he is making it up and wrapping up in prose and sophistry to make it have an appearance of being interesting.

>retelling of a story
>real life

THE FISH WAS T-H-I-S BIG

Reading Book 5 now. It owns.

My gf bought me the first book and I loved it. Wondering if I should get part 2 now.

prose? what are you talking about

>tfw you didn't know big boss wrote literary memoirs

i've been blowing some noxious farts tonight man, loud as hell too, i wonder what i ate

Lmfao

are you kidding me?
real life is the most gripping thing there is, if its not for you then you are gripping the wrong thing, I recommend you leave your house once in a while and talk to people, its the shit

min kek

I don't know how people can find real life boring. The stakes are so high and in the times we live in things, good and bad, are always happening. It can be awful and painful almost all the time, but never boring.

I've heard good things about it, but I also saw a hipster carrying it around at my favorite vegetarian restaurant so now I'm not so sure.

Say more of why it's good. Why should I read it and not say Don Quixote or Under the Volcano or The Red and the Black for example?

Yes. Get them all.

> my favorite vegetarian restaurant

Sorry to break it to you, but YOU are the hipster.

one of the things i love about this kind of book is that it's kind of an advertisement for real life. this probably sounds stupid as fuck but for a month after i first read this book, every time i was bored doing some mundane shit i thought "hey this is actually pretty Veeky Forums"

How can real life be real if My Struggle isn't real?

This sounds like a book for easily amused simpletons.

I deny nothing, you failed to answer the inquiry.

to answer your question: why not just read all the books you mentioned AND Knausgaard? why limit yourself?

Let's be frank, the list is much larger. You can't read all the books you want to read so you have to make choices.

What makes this book worth reading?

>What makes this book worth reading?

Because it's about you

>tfw young Knausgaard realizes that his school crush looks at another boy in a way that she will never use with him

FUCK don't tell me this is one of those books with these kind of feels. I just finished Portrait of the Artist and idk if I'm ready for more.

Also, how does My Struggle fit in with the growing post-postmodernism/metamodernism thing that DFW thought would grow in literature?

narcissism

The feels are rare, but they kick

It's not really metamodernism, it doesn't do anything fancy with structure or language, it's mostly "traditional" narrative, but extremely honest narrative

wtf? there's a man in Scandinavia more attractive than Knausgaard?

>tfw everything is secretly patrician

Norwegian here. I've been following this shit since the second book, and I've read all 6 parts (ama). Honestly, back when I first started reading about "metamodernism", Knausgård was the first thing on my mind. I think he might easily end up being a sort of symbol of metamodernity, the kind of way Thomas Pynchon represents postmodernism.

It's about a man who tried to capture all of reality in words, just like it is, no bullshit ... But even after millions of pages, you don't know shit about him or his life, and writing this hurt his wife so much he will never be able to forgive himself; actually he will never write a single word again, is how it ends.

DFW is literally dancing in his grave.

Seems really dull. Why would I want to walk around in the life of a guy who's pretty much me but older?

so that you know what's coming innit?

why are norwegians so beautiful?

Read Don Q and Under the Volcano instead

Maybe. What makes you so sure?

I intend to, currently reading Anna Karenina and am enraptured with the brilliance.

lol

i hope you drank some vodka with zolpidem as well nigger

>norwegian
>has read all of min kamp
wow are you the son of odin as well? lmaaaao

Anyway I thought I read somewhere he's going to write some sort of Borges/Calvino type fantasy story that wont fuck his life up?

Anyway my northern friend you seem well read and I've got Hamsun's Hunger coming in the mail in a few days, what am I in for?

I think he's an attention whore. I've chosen to not read it for now. Maybe, someday, let's say 20 years and it's still receiving the same praise, I'll change my mind.

When you were a baby you were amazed at this life. Nothing has changed but your perception.

he looks like dave grohl's evil twin

>tfw ctrl+f: "garf" returns 0 matches
>no mention of drunk lasagna
>tfw I AM GARFIELD!!

one of the kekiest things I've read desu

Lol agreed

>he hasn't read The Republic