The government can easily control cryptocurrency by cutting off the internet

>The government can easily control cryptocurrency by cutting off the internet.

buy skycoin then idiot

>OP doesn't know there are other internet alternatives.

Nice try dip shit.

....there's ANOTHER internet?!?!?!

DELETE THIS

Of course not, just forget about it.

What's stopping someone from cutting the internet cables in the ocean? Then what.

the government can easily kill cryoptocurrencies by closing the exchanges

You also can't use your ATM card/Creditcard, most people don't carry a lot of cash.

internet was like the last of the old gen nets
the intelligence services had networks way before internet, they been upgraded a lot since then
there's about 7 I know of

But muh secret key is with muh 14 people who keep muh internet on because muh world needs it everyday to function now.

Are the internet cables in space too? Unless some astronaut gets angry or something, I wouldn't worry much about that

There is a satellite in the sky that broadcasts the blockchain. I suppose the government could shoot that down as well but if the government has shut down the internet, then the state of crypto is the least of your worries.

1) Crypto satellites exist already and would help alleviate this

2) if you live in a country where the internet is shut off you're fucked anyway. at least you can flee the country with all your wealth safe on the blockchain. if it was in a bank you would just have to say goodbye to it.

This is actually some funny shit. What's stopping some deranged fuck from cutting a bunch of cables in the ocean lmfao

The government can control literally anything if they want to. The only question is:

> is there an incentive to do it
> is it financially viable

dont underestimate our government overlords desu

There's like 10+ separate cables under each ocean. Would be hard to cut them all.

There is a simple reason why the gov doesn't do this.

If you stop a ponzi in the middle of it, you are the bad guy. The guys at the top will say "see the evil gov shut us down, because they were jelly" and every moron that got ponzied would believe it. The support for the Gov would plummet.

That's why they let the ponzi collapse on itself, letting Satoshi exit scam you cucks and then arrest the little of you faggots at actually made something in participating in a ponzi.
On top of that you have to pay trade taxes

>Millions of neets check out of society taking neet bucks
>CIA codename SATOSHI
>Neets put all their money back in
>Crash it
>Make them pay even more through taxes
>The ones that made big money get arrested for participating in a ponzie

Stay mad faggots

They can simply block every exchange

>the state of nocoiners

What is skycoin

SHUT IT DOWN
No goym , those are concpiracy theorist , you know the same guys who deny the holocaust & 911
MEMBER THE 6 GRILLION

Red pill me on this m8, im serious. WTF are other internets?

mesh network

it is possible to access the internet even if the gouverment shut it down
>t.egypt 2011

How exactly are you going to communicate with another continent if the cables simply get unplugged?

who owns them?

Um, the ocean? obviously you aren't a physicist or an engineer.

satellites, shortwave, ULF encoding

besides, that's not going to happen. Too many parties have vested interest in maintaining those communication links. While they may want to take control of it, they won't destroy it. That would be like blowing up the moon.

>muh speculative investing on technology is muh ponzi
>muh bitcoin and etherium nerd devs are the same as muh Bernie Madoff
stay mad nocoiner

>Option 1: Kill all internet
Then there would be riots. Even normies would get pissed off over this. not happening.

>Option 2: Block crypto
Can't. VPNs and proxies bypass this

>Option 3: Ban all VPNs
Can't China and Russia have already done this with no success. Your traffic would just look like any other SSL encrypted website traffic.

>Option 4 Ban all crypto to fiat transactions.

S Korea is doing this right now and while there are ways to get around it not being able to enter or exit the market easily can and will kill the growth of crypto

Not really practical when you can buy just about anything WITH crypto.

>what is a descentralized exchange

>what is localbitcoins

>The government can control utilities by cutting off the power

what about like, a coordinated EMP attack or a solar flare or the magnetic field flipping?

just use Skycoin/Skywire

If the government cut off the power crypto will be the least of your problems

Any global disaster would suspend crypto and every digital transaction and make us go back to trading for living, but if you're talking about the state of the blockchain I'm sure there are constantly sycronized copies of it under severe security against global disaster

They can shutdown the backhaul that would be needed to make Sky actually work. Doubt the project will ever get there though. It will just be a glorified VPN running over traditional ISPs. Id love to be proved wrong though

can you explain how it works?

Veeky Forums truly is full of brainlets

you do realize that the routing protocols on which the internet is based were designed to survive a nuclear war, and that if a first world government were to 'cut off' the internet it would be akin to cutting your femoral artery

>The government can easily shut off the internet

more like the other way around AMIRITE

Well. Yes

Realistically:
1. The government can't cut off the internet.
2. The government couldn't even control BitTorrent, so why the fuck do you think they can control crypto?

Digits confirm.

so the other day i go to use FB messenger... this shitty popup appears on my phone:

>you are not using your real name. your account is locked until you provide identifying documents
they ask me for 3 fucking different forms of ID to prove that its my real name, otherwise i cant get access to my account. sacrificed many friendships and bootycalls just so zuckerburg cant get his grubby hands on my ID. fuck that guy

theyre now holding peoples FB accounts to ransom to try to get peoples identity documents. i cant wait until they RIP because of this bullshit. if i could kill anyone on earth and get away with it, there is no question that it would be sweatcuck zuckerburg

>never heard of the trans-atlantic cable
dont parade your ignorance as a badge of honour

This.

Norwegian government stole money from me after leaving because I 'owed' taxes even though I wasnt living there or making any money. I couldn't log on to my bank because they shut off my 2FA. fuck them. my crypto would be fine.

shithole eastern european countries ran fiber from commie blok to commie blok. Laying the infrastructure for better internet than the US and many other places. Point is anybody can run wire and setup a mesh network (or wireless)

Even though there is a satellite block chain.

Fucking I'll informed normie fag. Go back to your Jewish community of faces.